Start by marking “True Crime: Michigan: The State's Most Notorious Criminal Cases” as Want to Read:
True Crime: Michigan: The State's Most Notorious Criminal Cases

True Crime: Michigan: The State's Most Notorious Criminal Cases

An overview of Michigan's criminal history, focusing on landmark twentieth and twenty-first century cases: Andrew Kehoe and the Bath School Massacre, the rise and fall of Detroit's Purple Gang in Detroit, and Jimmy Hoffa's disappearance.
Published May 14th 2014 by Stackpole Books (first published June 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about True Crime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Crime

Melissa
Mar 20, 2017 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
fascinating to a Michigan native
Bill Sleeman
Oct 12, 2011 Bill Sleeman rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-law

True Crime: Michigan – The State’s Most Notorious Criminal Cases by Tobin T. Buhk. I purchased this as an airport read. Entertaining but not too demanding overall. The author hits all of the high points, or should that be the the low points ) of Michigan crime. The attention to detail in such a small work (136 pages) is good and provides a solid introduction to those unfamiliar with the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti killer, the Bath massacre and the Purple Gang, the latter recently featured in Ken Burn’s

Chriss
Oct 14, 2011 Chriss rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The task of writing about the state's most notorious criminal cases would be a daunting one. Although I feel the title is somewhat deceiving in that there are so many others that don't appear in this book, I do feel the cases featured are good examples. This short paperback format does not allow for the author to show the range of criminal cases throughout the years but I found myself intrigued by a few that I knew little about. The content and quality of writing is well put together and I wish ...more
Kim
Apr 13, 2013 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting read concerning some true crime causes in Michigan. I liked how the author presented all views and known angles of each tale that was presented in the book. Not a lot of gory detail, but enough emphasis on the severity of the crimes allowed for a clear picture of what took place. Good read.
Ronnie Cramer
Nov 25, 2016 Ronnie Cramer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the better books in this series. Includes a brief history of Michigan crime in general, plus interesting chapters on the Ypsilanti Coed Killer, Michigan victims of Ray Fernandez and Martha Beck (the Lonely Hearts Killers), Jimmy Hoffa's disappearance and more.
Dianna Stampfler
I was introduced to Tobin and his works based in modern day crimes but it is his historic works that I enjoy most. They're also quick reads. I am always anticipating what stories he will uncover next!
Betty
Dec 06, 2012 Betty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting & very disturbing. Truth is stranger than fiction!
Carrie Zollner
Carrie Zollner rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2014
Michael  T  Marks
Michael T Marks rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2017
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2012
Lyla Schmidt
Lyla Schmidt rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2016
Jayna
Jayna rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2015
Deb Bishop
Deb Bishop rated it it was ok
Sep 01, 2016
Katie Dickerson
Katie Dickerson rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2012
Kelly rated it it was ok
Jan 11, 2015
Shanna
Shanna rated it really liked it
May 25, 2015
Mom2acb
Mom2acb rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2015
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
May 06, 2013
Lenora
Lenora rated it liked it
May 04, 2013
K. Carter
K. Carter rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2016
Connie Orosz
Connie Orosz rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2016
Anna Nihm
Anna Nihm rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
May 20, 2012
Kelly rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2015
Sarah Winter
Sarah Winter rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Scott
Scott rated it it was ok
Mar 07, 2012
A
A rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2014
Jeanette
Jeanette rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2011