Start by marking “A 1960s Childhood: From Thunderbirds to Beatlemania” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
A 1960s Childhood: Fro...

Paul Feeney

A 1960s Childhood: From Thunderbirds to Beatlemania

With chapters on home and school life, games and hobbies, music and fashion, alongside a selection of charming illustrations, this compendium lets you take a nostalgic look at what it was like to grow up during the sixties and recaptures the various aspects of life back then.
Published December 26th 2010 by History Press (SC) (first published November 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A 1960s Childhood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A 1960s Childhood

Jean Overbeck
interesting
Carole
Jun 05, 2011 Carole rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It is a collection of memoires by the author
Spoiled by the fact there is no story as such to follow. The author just dips into various memories at random a writes a bit about each.
I was a 60s child so thought I would enjoy it but sadly it is painfully boring and so badly written .
I gave it 2 stars for letting me relive a few old memories.
But in terms of a book it is just devoid of a story and it is clear he was a bit of a radio anorak .
Would not recommend this or any other by him, I regret bu
Judy Brunner
Mar 28, 2012 Judy Brunner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Started this book this afternoon about 4pm. and have read about half at 6pm.
Fascinating all the memories this brings back from childhood in Britain in the 60's.
I'd recommend it to anyone who remembers, or would like to be reminded, of all the typical l960's things, fashion, music, food, games, etc.etc.
Finished this book in about 4 hours, but really enjoyed reading it, I kept going 'God, I remember that'!! Quite a few illustrations as well.
Graham
Jun 30, 2011 Graham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent piece of nostalgia describing what it was like to grow up in Britain in the 1960s. It covers the whole decade and not just the swinging sixties period. I was a teenager in England in the 1960s and this book provided me with hundreds of reminders of my life back then. It also turned up lots of things I had forgotten. I was given the paperback as a present and enjoyed it so much I bought the Kindle edition to dip into whenever I feel nostalgic. A well written collection of memories.
James
May 28, 2012 James rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good trip down memory lane. Great book.
Denise
Sep 03, 2013 Denise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Would have been 4 but more relevant to the British.
James Farrant
could have been so much better!
Graham
Jun 30, 2011 Graham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful piece of 1960s' British nostalgia with so many reminders of how life was in England back in the 60s. A well written bundle of memories. Great.
Paula Hickford
Jan 17, 2015 Paula Hickford rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fantastic trip down memory lane. I could identify with every game and t.v. show of the time.
Lynne
Nov 25, 2011 Lynne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My era and I found it very interesting.
Ellen
I never actually got round to reading this as it was on my library Kindle so will have to try again when I have more time!
Avid Reader
Disappointing! Too similar to his previous book 'A 1950s Childhood!'
Julie
Feb 16, 2015 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, kobo
Happy memories of my childhood.
Sandy Roberts
Dec 08, 2015 Sandy Roberts rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a lovely trip down memory lane. Jogged my memory on some mentions. Found the book a bit disjointed though and ended quite abruptly.
Gary
Feb 15, 2013 Gary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Interesting, but probably much more so if you're a Brit.
Steve
Steve rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2013
Val Guest
Val Guest rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2016
Ruth Johnstone
Ruth Johnstone rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2014
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2016
Paul
Paul rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2014
Natali Dare
Natali Dare rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2016
pam gricks
pam gricks rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2016
Christopher Peacock
Christopher Peacock rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
K W Gilbert
K W Gilbert rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2016
Jan Ashley
Jan Ashley rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2017
Robert Luke
Robert Luke rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2017
Val
Val rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2014
Cinabru Hoffmann
Cinabru Hoffmann rated it it was ok
Mar 27, 2017
Ole
Ole rated it liked it
May 15, 2011
Martin Johnson
Martin Johnson rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2015