Blank-133x176
A 1960s Childhood: Fro...

Paul Feeney

A 1960s Childhood: From Thunderbirds to Beatlemania

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  9 reviews
With chapters on home and school life, games and hobbies, music and fashion, alongside a selection of charming illustrations, this compendium lets you take a nostalgic look at what it was like to grow up during the sixties and recaptures the various aspects of life back then.
Published December 26th 2010 by History Press (SC) (first published November 1st 2010)

Carole
It is a collection of memoires by the author
Spoiled by the fact there is no story as such to follow. The author just dips into various memories at random a writes a bit about each.
I was a 60s child so thought I would enjoy it but sadly it is painfully boring and so badly written .
I gave it 2 stars for letting me relive a few old memories.
But in terms of a book it is just devoid of a story and it is clear he was a bit of a radio anorak .
Would not recommend this or any other by him, I regret bu...more
Graham
Excellent piece of nostalgia describing what it was like to grow up in Britain in the 1960s. It covers the whole decade and not just the swinging sixties period. I was a teenager in England in the 1960s and this book provided me with hundreds of reminders of my life back then. It also turned up lots of things I had forgotten. I was given the paperback as a present and enjoyed it so much I bought the Kindle edition to dip into whenever I feel nostalgic. A well written collection of memories.
Judy Brunner
Started this book this afternoon about 4pm. and have read about half at 6pm.
Fascinating all the memories this brings back from childhood in Britain in the 60's.
I'd recommend it to anyone who remembers, or would like to be reminded, of all the typical l960's things, fashion, music, food, games, etc.etc.
Finished this book in about 4 hours, but really enjoyed reading it, I kept going 'God, I remember that'!! Quite a few illustrations as well.
Graham
A wonderful piece of 1960s' British nostalgia with so many reminders of how life was in England back in the 60s. A well written bundle of memories. Great.
Avid Reader
Disappointing! Too similar to his previous book 'A 1950s Childhood!'
Denise
Would have been 4 but more relevant to the British.
Gary
Interesting, but probably much more so if you're a Brit.
James
Really good trip down memory lane. Great book.
Lynne
My era and I found it very interesting.
Christopher Winterburn
Christopher Winterburn marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Jude
Jude marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Dawn Chapman
Dawn Chapman marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Ian Yorston
Ian Yorston marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Frances Maples
Frances Maples marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Catgirl (in Perth)
Catgirl (in Perth) marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Peter
Peter marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Heather Mims
Heather Mims marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Sanna
Sanna marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013
Gerard Mann
Gerard Mann is currently reading it
Nov 23, 2013
Alice Oakley
Alice Oakley marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
A 1950s Childhood: From Tin Baths To Bread And Dripping (Memories) From Ration Book to ebook: The Life and Times of the Post-War Baby Boomers The Weight Of The Ocean A 1950s Childhood in Pictures Highgate (In Old Photographs)