Start by marking “Gluten-Free Makeovers: Over 175 Recipes--From Family Favorites to Gourmet Goodies--Made Deliciously Wheat-Free” as Want to Read:

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  6 reviews
When Beth Hillson was diagnosed with celiac disease more than thirty years ago, she had nowhere to turn to for recipes or support. She embarked on a lifelong journey to help provide delicious and healthy food to others who cannot have wheat--as many as 1 in 133 Americans, according to recent estimates. In "Gluten-Free Makeovers," Hillson makes over some of the most popular...more
Published October 1st 2011 by Da Capo Lifelong Books

To ask other readers questions about Gluten-Free Makeovers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gluten-Free Makeovers

Margaret
Feb 16, 2012 Margaret rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Margaret by: Laura Simpson Hrabota
My sister has a wheat allergy and from time to time I wondered if I might as well. When I first started research on living gluten and wheat free, it seemed like an impossible undertaking. So, even though now I have not found myself with an allergy I am glad to research gluten-free (GF) cookbooks both with my sister in mind, but also the other health benefits from reducing gluten from my family's diet in general.

One of the things about a good GF cookbook is when it can show you that just because...more
Madame X
There wasn't one recipe I could get excited about making. I didn't like how I'd have to make flour (plus more) mixtures specifically for these recipes, that's too fussy for me. Back to the library it goes.
Bunny
I love the idea of going gluten free. The problem is I can't fathom the cost. And xantham gum sounds gross. I did get a couple of good recipes, though.
Cheryl
One of the better Gluten- Free cookbooks with useful information on how to convert conventional recipes to gluten-free.
Michele
I wasn't as interested in the other recipes, but the bread recipes that I tried are fabulous!
Melissa
I really dislike cookbooks without great photos.
Janet
Janet is currently reading it
Oct 13, 2014
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2013
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2013
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
Genevieve
Genevieve marked it as to-read
May 13, 2013
Larissa
Larissa marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2012
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2012
Beth Hillson is the founder of Gluten-Free Pantry, the president of the American Celiac Disease Alliance, and the food editor of Living Without magazine. She lives in Connecticut.
More about Beth Hillson...
The Complete Guide to Living Well Gluten-Free: Everything You Need to Know to Go from Surviving to Thriving Gluten-Free Makeovers: Over 175 Recipes--From Family Favorites to Gourmet Goodies--Made Deliciously Wheat-Free The Tasty Side of New England: A Guide to Great Food by Mail