Start by marking “Affluence Intelligence: Earn More, Worry Less, and Live a Happy and Balanced Life” as Want to Read:

Financial psychologists explain the surprising reasons why some people are able to build wealth and enjoy life--while others never seem to get ahead.
Published October 25th 2011 by Da Capo Lifelong Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Affluence Intelligence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Affluence Intelligence

Chris
Feb 27, 2016 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is work to be done--beyond the reading of the words in this book--in order to get the most value from this. But the work, I think, can be very valuable in the long run. The authors give you a number of different lenses from which to broaden your perspective on issues around values attitudes and behaviors around money, time, productivity, passion, peace, optimism, etc . . .

Guiding you through these concepts, the authors encourage you to do the work they suggest with as open a mind as possi
Pam
Jul 03, 2012 Pam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think many people would find the AIQ quiz helpful in terms of pinpointing particular issues (if they are honest with the answers!) They also give some concrete ideas for how to address the issues that you determine from the quiz. However, I felt like I already had a good idea of the issues (from reading other books), so the quiz results were not a surprise to me and I didn't feel like I got a huge amount of new knowledge from this book. I think this would be a good book for someone who is unha ...more
Lynecia
Jan 28, 2012 Lynecia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: money
Highly recommended for anyone who sincerely wants to take their lifestyle to the next level. The authors here give us a strategy for using our strengths and developing our vulnerabilities to gain more ease and effectiveness with money, and also capitalizing on the attitudes and behaviors that will enable you to live a more affluent life - that is, a life that is in line with your values and priorities.
Alexandrea
This book is a good springboard for getting you to reflect on what you value in your life and where you want to take your life. It can give you an idea of how to refocus your goals, and will hopefully motivate to make some changes. It is intended for the adult who already has an established financial life, but can be used to give young adults an idea of a possible 'big picture' as well.
Victoria Shepherd
Aug 22, 2012 Victoria Shepherd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full of practical advice, broken down into manageable steps. Clearly written with accessible client examples. If you're willing to put in the work (and this book tells you quite frankly that this is work), this seems like a very useful guide.
Fernando
Aug 16, 2013 Fernando rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
I was okey, similar to all the related books. I didn't learn new things.
Ethan Fleck
Ethan Fleck rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2012
Ilana
Ilana rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2013
Sarah rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2012
Don McNay
Don McNay rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2015
Diana Nagy
Diana Nagy rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2016
Valeh
Valeh rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2012
Sarah Graupman
Sarah Graupman rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Cherise
Cherise rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2013
Monique
Monique rated it it was ok
Jan 28, 2012
Myra Nawabi
Myra Nawabi rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Stacie
Stacie rated it it was ok
Aug 02, 2012
Shauna
Shauna rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2013
Kyle
Kyle rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2012
Kevin
Kevin rated it it was ok
Oct 30, 2012
Corinne Seaton
Corinne Seaton rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2017
Stacy Schmidt
Stacy Schmidt rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2015
Lacy
Lacy rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2014
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2013
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2015
John Mill
John Mill rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Phillip
Phillip rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2013
Squidboy
Squidboy rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2014