Start by marking “The Mother of All Toddler Books: An All-Canadian Guide to Your Child's Second and Third Years” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Mother of All Todd...

Ann Douglas

THE MOTHER OF ALL TODDLER BOOKS is the one toddler book no Canadian parent should be without. Written in the same friendly and non-bossy tone as the previous books in this bestselling series--and based on the best advice of more than 100 Canadian parents--"The Mother of All Toddler Books" takes you on a guided journey through the toddler years, highlighting they key attrac ...more
Published August 22nd 2008 by John Wiley & Sons (first published April 4th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Mother of All Toddler Books, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mother of All Toddler Books

Stacy
Oct 03, 2014 Stacy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting
I enjoyed the tone of the book, which was humorous and more focused on wisdom and the experiences of other real mothers than on scientific information and statistics. The book made me feel a lot more comfortable about raising a toddler, and made me feel that I am in good company in my plights.
Jessica
This is a fantastic book that covers everything you might want to know about raising a toddler (in this case, a child in their second or third year). Douglas does a great job going over many of the main issues that come up during these years, from feeding to potty training to sleep issues and beyond. Although she does not have the space to go into the tremendous detail that the "what to expect" books do, she still manages to include plenty of tables and charts that condense a lot of important in ...more
Heather Vinson
Apr 03, 2012 Heather Vinson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All of her books favor research backed advice and are some of my favorite parenting books, starting with her book the Mother of all Pregnancy books. Each book does not assume life with the under 5 crowd is always bliss. In particular I used the pull out symptom guide as well as month by month development checklist that are easy to reference. I also recommend her book on Trying Again if looking for more than the relegated buried chapter in most pregnancy books after a loss.
Blair Allen
Feb 27, 2008 Blair Allen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents of toddlers
Shelves: personally-owned
I loved The Mother of All Pregnancy Books so much that I bought this one too. It was ok in comparison to the pregnancy book. It had a lot that I took with a grain of salt but a lot that helped me rule out an ER visit too. There is a Mother of All First Year (or something to the effect) and I think I would have used it more than I have used this book.
Rachel
May 05, 2009 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: baby-information
This is one of the best toddler books I have read! I read it cover to cover. I was very happy to see sections on extended breastfeeding, gentle discipline, picky eaters, and how your next pregnancy will differ. This book is a must have for any mom's library.
Tina
Oct 10, 2007 Tina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A lot of this is common sense but a good review. Apparently toddlers are not quite as mysterious as babies are. At least toddlers can somewhat communicate what they want from you!
Kim
There was useful information, but also a lot of items that didn't apply to me (not the book's fault), and too much silly commentary for my taste.
Kelly Anne
I didn't finish it - I usually skim through parenting books and take what I like and disregard the stuff that makes me feel like a bad Mum... This one had some great ideas!
Tracy Trofimencoff
Tracy Trofimencoff rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2013
Deanna Annaed
Deanna Annaed rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2013
Ms CL
Ms CL rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2011
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2014
Kristina Erxleben
Kristina Erxleben rated it liked it
May 12, 2011
Merrie
Merrie rated it liked it
May 23, 2010
Sarah rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2013
Elizabeth Goble
Elizabeth Goble rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2015
Lissette
Lissette rated it it was ok
Aug 04, 2011
Gabriella Galluccio
Gabriella Galluccio rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2013
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Noha Mostafa
Noha Mostafa rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2014
Jody
Jody rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2011
Johanna
Johanna rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2014
Suzanne Boles
Suzanne Boles rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2011
Jennifer Devereaux
Jennifer Devereaux rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2013
Abby
Abby rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2013
Urszula Zapert
Urszula Zapert rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Pibble
Pibble rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2013
Mary Chapman
Mary Chapman rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2014
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2008
« previous 1 3 next »
Ann Douglas is the author of numerous books about pregnancy and parenting including, most recently, Parenting Through the Storm: How to Handle the Highs, the Lows, and Everything in Between. She is also the creator of The Mother of All Books series:

The Mother of All Pregnancy Books: (2nd US edition, July 2012 and 2nd Canadian edition, June 2011)
The Mother of All Baby Books
The Mother of All T
More about Ann Douglas...