Mist Warrior   (Legacy of the Mist Clans #1)

Mist Warrior (Legacy of the Mist Clans #1)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  88 ratings  ·  15 reviews
When he was twelve, his name was Branan Strickland. He was the heir to the Wardenship of Inglewood, a title to govern a Royal Forest and the land around it. But Branan's father was an abusive sod, beating Branan and his mother for sheer sport.

Until the night when his father's fist landed on the side of his mother's head - a wound that would kill her in a few short hours. D...more
Published December 8th 2012 by Karrie Balwochus

The Secret by Julie GarwoodRansom by Julie GarwoodThe Bride by Julie GarwoodThe Prize by Julie GarwoodA Rose for Lancaster by Christine Elaine Black
Best Medieval Romance Page Turner
57th out of 119 books — 96 voters
Outlander by Diana GabaldonKiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie MoningThe Dark Highlander by Karen Marie MoningThe Immortal Highlander by Karen Marie MoningBeyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning
Best Highland/Scotland Romance Novels
345th out of 404 books — 1,264 voters

More lists with this book...

Jennie
Oh what a magnificent read! I'm becoming very fond of historical romances.
This is a great story of love (of course), loss, murder, revenge and finally the HEA.
Branan's father was murdered by the man who then forced his mother to marry him and eventually killed her. He was taken in by a family and fell in love even as a child, with their daughter, Catroina.
Many years later, Branon returns to claim his rightful heritage and place, thereby ridding the land of the evi and much hated step-father w...more
Emmy
**3.5**

I should probably preface this with saying that I was reading this at a time when I was kind of distracted with other things in my life so I wasn't able to throw myself into the book like I usually do, which probably prevented me from becoming as caught up in the story as I have been with Loch's other books. However, despite this, I did still enjoy the book.

Loch again seems to have chosen a "theme" for her main characters and built the story around that. I think this focus on a single th...more
Anne
Feb 03, 2014 Anne rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Scottish history fiction lovers
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Another braw Highlander story? Not exactly. Yes, Branan was the son of a laird. But he was raised at first by his stepfather whom he believed was his true father. Raina, his mother was deeply in love with his father, but then an evil man names Strickland killed him and forced Raina to marry him. She put up with this farce until she lay dying and knew she had to tell Brannan the truth. Brannan is also growing into the spitting image of his true father. When Strickl...more
Peg
What a wonderful read. The story and characters captivated me. I finished the book in one day, and have already scanned out other books by this same author. Pick up this book, you won't be disappointed.
Anne
Great story and characters which is my most important thing with a good book. I love the way Kathryn Loch weaves a story and gives it something different. Her characters are always interesting.
Terri
Another good book. The Legacy of the Mist Clans #1 and #2 are stand alone books. You do not need to read them in order.
Leslie Mesmer
I really enjoyed this book! Once again Kathryn Loch took the time to build the characters and the romance without having them immediately jumping into bed.
I loved the portrayal of the time period without history overload. You can actually imagine what it would be like to live in that time which made the story more believable.
This was a 4-1/2 to me only because I felt that having led up to the wedding and the couple separated was all of a sudden resolved in a matter of several pages after build...more
May
I enjoyed the story progression and how the romance blossoms between the two main characters. I never once felt that the story was too slow or fast paced and would certainly recommend this book to anyone who's looking for a sweet romance read.
InD'Tale Magazine
Set in early 1400s England, Branan’s life unfolds across the pages like a richly woven Scottish tartan.

Read full review in July/August 2013 issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Jenny
4.5- Love the mighty warrior Brannen, the story line was great, the twists were fairly unpredictable, good summer day read!
Petula
A very good historical romance. There is a sexy love story and some good action. Could have moved a bit faster.
Jenny Q
Oct 31, 2013 Jenny Q marked it as historical-editorial
*revised edition*
Larissa
Mist Warrior - I've never read this author before but I liked her writing style. She did a good job in developing the story and characters, without making the main characters fall in love and having sex within 2 minutes of meeting (that's always a pet peeve of mine. For being such a short book, 186 pages, it turned out to be a great story. The hero & heroine we likable and I was able to get attached to them. I will be reading the next book in the series. :)
Amber
Enjoyable short story.
Jeannie Bourgeois
Jeannie Bourgeois marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Ari Pettit
Ari Pettit marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Isreal Okeowo
Isreal Okeowo marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Endril
Endril marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
LaJeana
LaJeana marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Synful Enriquez
Synful Enriquez marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Edwena
Edwena marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Jean Carlos
Jean Carlos marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Jeanette
Jeanette marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Mist Warrior Formatting Revamp 2 5 Mar 26, 2013 02:10AM
Kathryn Loch has been active in the publishing community since 1996. She has actively held offices such as president and treasurer in her local writer's guild. The guild hosts an annual writers conference bringing in respected NY editors, agents and published authors to educate, network, and inform. She published her first novel, Primal Entities: Chaos, a medieval fantasy romance, in 2001 and is n...more
More about Kathryn Loch...
A Time to Live Demon Laird (Legacy of the Mist Clans, #2) Blind Impulse Sworn to Protect (Vows of the Heart) Sworn to Love