Start by marking “If Only (Captured, #1)” as Want to Read:
If Only (Captured, #1)

If Only (Captured #1)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  822 Ratings  ·  110 Reviews
Callie
What’s a girl to do when she meets a man who claims the heart that she’s already given to someone else? My boyfriend is everything I’ve ever wanted, he’s perfect, but when I met Joe ... I can’t even describe the intensity of my attraction to him. I’d never experienced anything like it before. Since then, it’s become something so much deeper and I’m finding it impossi
Published December 16th 2012 by Louise J (first published December 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about If Only, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If Only

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberRule by Jay CrownoverThe Edge of Never by J.A. RedmerskiHopeless by Colleen Hoover
tattooed love boys
246th out of 940 books — 2,990 voters
Unearthly by Cynthia HandLove's Forbidden Flower by Diane RinellaFallen by Lauren KateNightshade by Andrea CremerFirelight by Sophie Jordan
Absolutely Beautiful Girls on the Cover
162nd out of 367 books — 356 voters

More lists with this book...

Bayli
5 Phenomenal, Sexy, Tear inducing, Laughter will be had STARS

Finally, a book I couldn't put down!!!!

Sorry had to get my dance on there for a second because I just love love loved this book!

My Joe is Marco Dapper

I really couldnt picture Callie any other way than this: :)

Imagine meeting your soulmate purely by accident. Literally an accident... A car/motorcycle accident to be exact.

That's what happened with Callie and Joe. After that meet, both regretted not getting the others name or information
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Jun 13, 2013 Akanksha❤ Søren♰ rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Akanksha❤ Søren♰ by: ATran
4.5
Loved Callie and Joe's journey from the start bang to their end bang!! ;)

This book starts of with a BANG!! Like really a bang, no pun intended.
description
OK That maybe exaggerating it a bit too much.. btw.. Callie and Joe did BANG into each other.. and hence they meet.. He thinks he is dead and a pink haired funky angel is greeting him.. :P
The story picks up from there how one event leads to any other, A bit in the middle-start part I did feel the story a bit dragged but yet totally loved the book over
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
I loved it!!! Absolutely and excellent book. A must read!!!!
Natalie
Jan 07, 2016 Natalie rated it liked it

I freaking LOVE these kinds of books,
and I totally hate them too.

Because they leave me absolutely emotinally exhausted. Reading this book is like riding a rollercoaster, with ups, downs, and turns. When youre done you feel slightly dizzy by the ride.

This book was like Thoughtless all over again, with a small touch of Fallen too Far . But instead of cursing Kiera the intire time, youre cursing all the IF ONLYS .

And dont let the cover fool you when youre starting this. If Only IS NOT, let me
Sanny
Mar 21, 2013 Sanny rated it did not like it
What I can I say?

The first chapter was awesome and from there on it went extremely downhill. Around 40% I had to talk myself into reading on and that shouldn't be. I'm not sure I can actually pinpoint what annoyed me so much but I'll try.

I've got no issues with love triangles themselves but really over 10 damn years? Had I been in Joe's place, I would've told Callie "Fuck you." a long time ago. She's the kind of woman that I try to stay far, far away from in real life. And women like her are the
Angelyn
Dec 14, 2012 Angelyn rated it it was amazing
I have 7 words to say after all that...
* Deep Breath *
I NEED THE NEXT FUCKING BOOK NOW!!!
Excuse my use of colourful words but THIS BOOK IS AWESOME!
I saw the book and decided to give it and chance and boy am I glad I did!!!
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVEEE this book!

Basically, the story is that Callie and Joe met when a traffic accident happened and they practically want to know each other, but neither of them got the other's name or phone number. So one day, when Callie entered a tattoo parlour t
ELIZABETH
Jan 26, 2013 ELIZABETH rated it it was amazing
Incredible! Sweet, Edgy, slightly Predictable at times, HAWT Chemistry, and wonderful! Your heart pounds throughout the book! Great Main Characters and turn of events. Written so well, and holds your interest throughout! Cannot wait for more of Ms. Louise J's work!
Definite MUST READ!
Quotes that made an impression on my heart and mind:
"Those rich coffee beans have been imprinted on my memory since I first saw them. Sitting this near to reality is almost deliberating"
"For that funky little angel I
Starla85
Jan 10, 2013 Starla85 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story about genuine love, but it's not just any old love story.

Just when you feel it's comming to its conclusion, it takes an unexpected twist which I injects even more excitement and suspesion into it.

This book really arouses, yes and I really mean AROUSES all sorts of emotions, humour, fun, longing,anger, horny....yes I said it. The author did a great job of really evoking these emotions in me. I found myself laughing out loud then shouting abuse the next minute.

I was very en
Heather

WARNING: MINOR SPOILERS

This book seriously got on my nerves. How many ways can one screw up a relationship? Let us count the ways...
1) Staying in a relationship with a someone who is not "the right one".
2) Making assumptions about what others want and not asking.
3) Not sharing your feelings or communicating in any way about said feelings.
4) Running from your fears.
5) Settling for less than because being with the right person is too hard.
6) Not accepting that other peoples lives change and somet
mejmi
Dec 17, 2012 mejmi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series-book-1
I had to wait a few days to write this review because my thoughts after reading the book were all over the place.

First off, let me just say I wasn't sure if I should read the book, because I don't really like books about cheating and love triangles (it just hits too close to home, if you know what I mean). BUT this is not one of those books. The story is actually pretty deep and quite sad.
I really liked ALL the characters, especially Callie. I loved that she had pink hair, pierced nipples and
Elizabeth (Liz)
4.5 Stars....A lot of wasted time, and Callie made me super cranky for a while, but still...I couldn't stop reading! Well written, sexy, fun...very enjoyable....FULL REVIEW TO COME...
Karen
Jan 29, 2013 Karen rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
If Only is the perfect title for this book. The crux of the story is based on choices and regrets of said choices. I blitzed through this book very quickly because I wanted to know where it was headed and quickly grew to love the characters. I definitely didn't see several twists coming and was taken by surprise a few times. Along with those surprises were heartbreaking revelations.

This book could easily be considered a 5 star read by others; I wanted it to be for me. I enjoyed the auth
Linda Sims
Oct 04, 2013 Linda Sims rated it really liked it
EMOTIONAL STORYTELLING

The first time Callie Meets Joe is when she runs him off the road with her car. She's 18 and he's 22. After that first meeting neither can quite get the other out of their head. Then Callie walks into the tattoo parlour where Joe works with his brother Adam. Joe is ecstatic to see Callie again, he's determined to pursue her but she has a steady boyfriend. She's not a cheater, and he doesn't steal other mens women. Neither realise how the other one feels so it's friendship.
Ash Ash
Jan 06, 2013 Ash Ash rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult
This review contains spoilers
(view spoiler)
Jody
Dec 22, 2012 Jody rated it it was amazing
This is the second book my wife has forced me to read. After an unsuccessful Fifty Shades recommendation by her; I didn't have much faith in her, but how wrong was I. This book started like all the other romance books "I love you, I love you too. Let's run away and live in a cabin in the woods and raise a perfect family". Bullshit! Then it changed and what a change it was, drama, unexpected change and a flipping difficult path (slightly reminiscent of 24)If more romance books were like this, the ...more
Noelia
May 26, 2013 Noelia rated it really liked it
La verdad que "If only"... es un titulo exacto para este libro....Nunca sentí tanta frustración por una situación....pero si no era por una cosa era por otra....y seguian pasando los años...
Joe....uff que hombreton Sexy.... y siempre amando a Callie.
Y Callie, que mujer más complicada....y encima en el momento que él más la necesitaba, lo dejo solo con todo....y encima por añosssssssss...como se entiende??..
Bueno, auqnue me hicieron sufrir....al final...simpre gana el amor no?.... despues de como
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was not your run of the mill type contemporary romance, it was full of endearing characters and a lovely story. Very emotional and colourfully brought to life, I was totally hooked by the writing style of Louise J and I look forward to the next book in the series.
Chris- Bookaddict
Dec 31, 2012 Chris- Bookaddict rated it it was amazing
WOW , This book was Recommended to me By JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) and let me just say I will ALWAYS take her recommendations . This BOOK was AMAZING .

Callie
Marsha
I LOVED this book. It gave me everything I look for and MORE. The cover hooked me first, then the synopsis. I'm so glad I found this book and I CAN'T WAIT for the second - when the heck is it out!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed every single bit! I was hit with the unexpected quite a few times. On the outside this may sound like so many other books, but this was so different. I was pulled through a range of emotions; one minute smiling, the next I was LOL, the next my heart ached (more than once). The cha
Kristina

"If Only" is the perfect title for this book full of choices and regret of said choices.
It's about two soul-mates who are absolutely meant to be and belong together- this can be seen already in the first few pages - but they can't see themselves as those with which the other would be happy. This leads to a lot of wasted time and dammit - I hate wasting time.
This also leads to heartbreak which is even worse because it seems so unnecessary in the first place. Because if one of them had the guts
Kelly Sutton
Dec 30, 2012 Kelly Sutton rated it it was amazing
FUCKING WOW OMG LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!!!!!

I can not believe this is the writers first book you would think its in a long line of them.
When i started reading this i never put it down i read the whole book in less then a day, i laughed,cried with sadness and happiness its just amazing i was hooked from the start right to the end.
I fell in love with the main characters as well as the rest, i soooo want to be in a group of friends like this and everyone needs a best friend like su.
I felt like i was cal
Ally
Jan 12, 2013 Ally rated it it was amazing
A big 5 stars for If Only! I loved it. It was incredibly easy to love all the characters in this book. The secondary characters play an essential role in the storyline and I thoroughly enjoyed the strong friendship group which developed throughout the book.
The author did evoke an array of emotions in me and I found myself physically feeling every heartbreak felt by Callie and Joe. Warning, reading this may frustrate you. On several occasions I wanted to scream at both Callie and Joe for not conv
Melanie
Jan 20, 2013 Melanie rated it it was ok
I didn't dislike this book, it was just 'ok '

I found Callie really annoying and even in the end immature (considering how far the book had moved in time).

I also wasn't keen on the actual writing style. I had no issues it being told from 2 different characters POV in fact I felt this worked but I just didn't like the flow I guess.

The story is ok, it's a quickish read (2 sittings) and was cheap on amazon kindle book store, just don't expect earth moving materiel ( Except the sex scenes and thought
Anjanette
Jul 12, 2013 Anjanette rated it it was amazing
Omg when I say I loved this book I mean I haven't read a book that I loved this much since Thoughtless and Effortless by SC Stephens, the relationship between Joe and Callie will stay with you for a lifetime and will most definitely encourage you to start living your life in the NOW !!! And can I just say I looooove Dane I want and need more of him please !!! A special shout out to Liz Gunderson who recommended this book you rock girl !!!
Christina
I can't do it! Maybe I will come back to it later. But I just can't read this whole book and they never get together till the end. That's what I gather. It seems like everything goes against them being together and it goes on for years. I don't think my heart can handle it. I did give it a good try. Maybe I'll come back to it later.
Vixster
Oct 14, 2013 Vixster rated it really liked it
Took me a while to get into this book. The story spanned over time so in the beginning it was YA like and further on NA. I have to admit after the half way mark I was gripped and didn't go to sleep till I finished it.
Good read but not great for me
3.5/4*
Liz Lawson
Oct 07, 2013 Liz Lawson rated it liked it
Shelves: downloaded
Took me a while to get into the story seemed immature writing in parts. Joe is deliciously hot tattooists and falls for Callie at first meet. 10 years of trying to be together with all the obstacles in their way. Sweet romantic story.
Shannon
Dec 27, 2012 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
OMG what a roller coaster. This was an excruciating journey for joe and Callie. I love the closeness and involvement with their group of friends thru out the story. I can't wait for the next book :).
Paula (Poll) Conway
Oct 01, 2013 Paula (Poll) Conway rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book , all the ingredients of a great love story , drama , hidden love , hot sexy men , great plot which kept you guessing the outcome , def 5 stars from me .
Isabella Hereira De Castro
Mar 29, 2015 Isabella Hereira De Castro rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
si tan solo... Tres palabras que nos hacen anhelar, extrañar y arrepentirnos.. Si tan solo nos hubiésemos conocido antes, si tan solo hubiese hablado antes, si tan solo tuviésemos mas tiempo.... Si tan solo no hubiese ocurrido eso...

Joder, que me duele en corazón, me hizo tener mi propia crisis existencial y querer llorar, pero no! soy fuerte y no lo hice! No tengo palabras para explicar este libro, es masoquismo en pasta.

Me duele el pecho, si me pasara eso me muero... Si una relación a distanc
What's The Name o...: SOLVED. Pink haired girl on the cover [s] 12 246 Aug 02, 2015 07:19PM
  • My Misery Muse (My Misery Muse, #1)
  • Perfectly Unmatched (Youngblood, #2)
  • Chasing Leah (Journey, #1)
  • A Pretty Pill (A Pretty Pill, #1)
  • I Hate You...I Think
  • Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)
  • Behind the Tears (Behind the Lives, #2)
  • Human Hieroglyphix (Human Hieroglyphix, #1)
  • The Valentine's Arrangement (Hard Feelings, #1)
  • Down 'N' Derby (Love and Skate, #3)
  • Tasting Never (Tasting Never, #1)
  • Fix You (Second Chances, #1)
  • Save the Date (Modern Arrangements, #1)
  • Documentary (Documentary, #1)
  • The Stillness of You (Beautifully Damaged, #1)
  • Cake
  • Crushed
  • In the Air (The City, #1)
Follow Louise J and keep up to date with future works and publications

Louise J has always been a daydreamer, but never considered writing a novel until days before typing the first words to If Only. Joe and Callie (and Gerard) appeared in a dream and her mind has never been her own since then, and she’s never alone. When she’s not writing she spends a lot o
More about Louise J....

Captured (3 books)
  • Release (Captured, #2)
  • Untitled (Captured, #3)