Start by marking “Annabeth's War” as Want to Read:

Paperback, First Edition, 208 pages
Published December 6th 2012 by Ready Writer Press

To ask other readers questions about Annabeth's War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Annabeth's War

Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“With King Harold away at war Lord Raburn has his eye on the throne. Those who dare to stand in his way fall beneath his power. All but one. A girl named Annabeth. Can a common, ordinary girl, with love for king, country, and her father, achieve the impossible?
Sydney
I have been waiting to read this book for a long time. Most library's don't have it so it wasn't the easiest book to get your hands on. The main thing that really got me intrigued about this book was the cover. I just love the cover. I figured with a cover that amazing, the book must be just as amazing. I've been wanting to read this book so bad, that I felt like I could already rate it five stars without even reading it. Well, I've read it and I can gladly give it five stars.

I love how the book
Michaela
Nov 04, 2013 Michaela rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderful book, I simply loved it. There was one funny error in this book, where they called him Random instead of Ransom. And every time I read his name in the story, I couldn't help smiling when I though of his name being 'Random.' :) I loved all the lovable characters and the others... well, they had better beware. ;) Such a wonderful, lovely story. Can't wait to read more from Jessica Greyson! Recommend to those ages thirteen and older for some swordplay and mild violence. :)
Mikayla
May 6'th 2013. I loved this book! Except for a few gamer mistakes in the first few chapters it was perfect. It kept me turning the pages and fall in love with the characters. It made me want to read it again right away!

<<< 2015. This was my fourth time reading it and it still kept me turning the pages. This book is defiantly my number 1 favorite.

<<<<
C.B. Cook
Finally decided to mark this as DNF. Nothing wrong with the story, honestly... I just put it down for too long. I might start over some time, but we'll see.
Evelynn
First, I would like to thank Michaela for hosting the giveaway for this awesome book, and I would like to thank the author, Jessica Greyson, for signing and sending me the copy that I won from that giveaway! Your handwriting is absolutely beautiful!

Now, my rating is more like a 4.5.

This book had me on the edge of my seat. As I read it, I wanted to read it slowly and absorb it, yet I also wanted to speed through it and find out what was going to happen next! My only complaints would be the few ty
Rachel
Feb 05, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, outread-aubrey
I love the cover. It fits the book. A mixture of the adventure of Robin Hood, interesting supporting characters, and a great heroine to lead them all make this book a great read. I appreciated the author's skill at keeping the story moving forward and painting the details of the heroine's character with clarity and depth. I enjoyed the heroine's relationships with many of the secondary characters and the sweet hint of romance throughout the story. Annabeth's War is a book worthy of keeping and r ...more
Shantelle
Amazing. I bought this on Amazon as a Kindle for $.99. I don't know how all these fabulous authors go by virtually unnoticed! If not for a specific notice by some other indie author, I wouldn't have found this exciting book by Jessica Greyson.

With intrigue, suspense, romance, and battles, Annabeth's War caught me up from practically the very first page and took me on a great journey with Annabeth and Ransom. Beautiful, bittersweet, and easy to get into, this story stirred my love for reading, :)
Deborah
Aug 05, 2015 Deborah rated it it was amazing
I LOVED IT!
This is one of my new favorites.
The plot and characters were awesome.
Ransom is one of my favorite book characters ever.
It's a great read and if you haven't read it, then read it today.
Mikayla
I read this though for the third time yesterday because I needed a book that I knew was really good and that I liked all parts of. This book never disapoints me!
Hannah Rodes
Sep 28, 2015 Hannah Rodes rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
AnnaBeth’s War by Jessica Greyson

With King Harold away at war Lord Raburn will do anything to get the throne. No one dares to stand in his way, Well everyone but a girl named AnnaBeth. AnnaBeth is a girl with a sword who knows how to use it. She had been trained by her father, a mater swordsman. Can one girl possibly keep Belterra from falling into Lord Raburn’s clutches? Can one girl save her father and Prince Alfred who are captured and inside the palace walls? (Read the book and find out.)

C
Kaitlin Grace
Jul 11, 2013 Kaitlin Grace rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-published
Sep 02, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Age Appropriate For: All Ages

Best for Ages: 10 and up (some mild violence)

This book was on my to-read list since it came out. I was so excited when it arrived from Amazon, but ended up having to set it on my shelf for a while. My youngest sister ended up reading it first and thinks it is the best story ever written. While I was sick, I finally got to read it, and I think my sister was very close to the truth.

It was so refreshing to read a story about a girl who makes the right choices. I get tir
Jansina
May 12, 2013 Jansina rated it it was amazing
This book was such a delight to read! I immediately fell in love with the characters, and that feeling only grew as the book continued. The style and story reminded me a bit of Robin Hood--in little ways--but I enjoyed it more.

It also has that rare (and for me undefinable) quality that makes me want to pick up my own pen and write. Okay, so wanting to write isn't rare for a fellow author...but wanting to write while reading is.

I only wish it had a sequel! I'm looking forward to Greyson's future
Micaiah
Jul 02, 2015 Micaiah rated it liked it
By: Jessica Greyson
Rating: 3 stars
Ages: 12 and up (best for girls)

Annabeth's War is my first book from Jessica Greyson - but certainly not my last! Where did she get the fun idea for this book!? It was exciting, fun, adventurous, and the type of book that makes you smile softly to yourself.

Annabeth was honestly the perfect heroine for this. She's actually one of the best heroines I've read a book about - and, let me tell you, it's very hard to impress me with a female character. Wh
Maria Elisabeth
Oct 31, 2013 Maria Elisabeth rated it it was amazing
Annabeth, the swordmaster's daughter, had been trained by her father as the son he had wished he had. Now Lord Raburn has seized power and she is left, the only one in the kingdom, with secrets which just might preserve the lives of her father and her prince.

If she can stay alive.

What can I say? Opening the pages was going back into the medieval stories I've loved and used to almost live in. I don't know where to begin. Annabeth. Let's start with the girl who has center stage.

Coming to Annabeth
Resterwen
Feb 19, 2013 Resterwen rated it really liked it
Annabeth’s War, by Jessica Greyson, is the story of Annabeth, a young girl who has a sword and knows how to use it. As troubles engulf the country, she must do her best to stop evil and save the people – all the while harboring secrets of her own. As she meets new friends and encounters old ones, she demonstrates courage, loyalty, and femininity hidden under her sword and disguises.

It is not a book for the faint of heart. If you hate battle scenes or painful descriptions and always steer clear o
Elaine
Oct 20, 2015 Elaine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: Annabeth's War

Author: Jessica Greyson

Genre: Christian, Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance

Plot: Annabeth was trained to use the sword by her warrior father and grew up separated from the girls and boys by this fact; the girls avoided her for her tomboy-ish ways and the boys beat her up for being better than them at such a manly activity. However, this never stopped her from becoming a sweet strong stubborn person and when circumstances force her to go on the run, living by her sword
Serena
Mar 06, 2015 Serena rated it liked it
This one is a little hard to review, because I devoured it in two sections while on a 12-hour flight. It held my attention (obviously), and was overall a rather enjoyable read. However, I have quite a few qualms with the book.

Annabeth is introduced as an expert swordsman despite her age and gender. But as the story progresses, our protagonist becomes a damsel in distress who must be rescued by a mysterious, chivalrous man. To give her the benefit of the doubt, we could also look at it this way:
Claire Banschbach
Feb 03, 2014 Claire Banschbach rated it liked it
Annabeth's War was a good read. It turned out to be a little different than I thought it would be based on the synopsis. It's told mainly from the point of view of another character. I would have liked it a little more had it been from Annabeth's point of view. But overall, it had a good plot and strong characters. It was very well paced and I finished it in one day. Jessica Greyson did a great job for a first book. Please keep writing!
serena482*
Annabeth's War was an amazing read! I loved every bit of it. There is a gruesome scene that might scare younger audiences. Nothing too gruesome but it made my eyes widen a little. So a really great book that all should read if old enough. I would recommend it to ages 12-up.
Eva
Oct 14, 2014 Eva rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-books

Trained by her father, a master swordsman, outlawed Annabeth has only her sword, her wits, and her disguises to keep Belterra from falling entirely into Lord Raburn's clutches. Can she rescue her captured father and Prince Alfred? Will one
Amanda
Dec 04, 2014 Amanda rated it really liked it
Thanks to Leah Good for loaning me the Kindle book!

Actual rating is 3.5 stars for reasons I'll get into in a moment, but I'm rounding up because of my overall enjoyment of the story. :)

I liked this book. Annabeth was an interesting and endearing main character in her own odd way, the other characters solid, and the plot good. I can't say much as to the accuracy of what appeared to be a medieval portrayal, but nothing screamed "this is wrong!" to me, so I wasn't bothered by anything there.

Unfort
Carmel Elizabeth
Dec 03, 2013 Carmel Elizabeth rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2013
I opened this book with pretty high expectations, after having seen it read by several people in the blogging-circles I run in, and with generally good ratings. I was however, somewhat disappointed. The author told a good story, however somewhat fantastical. If this was a fantasy with magical creatures/etc. I would have had little problem with it, but everything seemed to happen a little too perfectly in the closure of the book.
I also found several bits of dialogue or description that pulled the
Hannah
I'm waiting to properly review and rate this until I've read it a second time. I can say that I was pleasantly surprised several times, and I really enjoyed the characters.

Edit: I gave this book to my twelve-year-old sister for Christmas. She read it all that night, and I heard lots of laughter and squeals of happiness from her direction. My thirteen-year-old brother is now reading it because, "She told me half way through the book that she had no idea how it was going to all play out. That neve
David Bergsland
Jul 28, 2015 David Bergsland rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A solid, entertaining Christian fantasy romance

Thankfully, the fantasy is dominant in this one. The characters are a joy. The relationships are true and honorable. The heroine and hero are realistic, strong, and surprisingly open to the reader.

This is a very good book. Spiritually, it's three stars, but it's a blessing to read it.
Jesseca Wheaton
Jul 06, 2016 Jesseca Wheaton rated it really liked it
A lovely medieval-feeling fantasy read that I thoroughly enjoyed! I really appreciated the fact that there was no magic, and the Christian values that were woven into the story were beautiful! The end was so sad, but at the same time, it was really, really good!
Jessica
So, this summer my reading goal was just to spend time reading some of the many self-published Christian books I have racked up in my kindle and on my bookshelf. I actually won a paperback copy of this book last year but didn't get around to reading it until it was free on kindle a couple of weeks ago. Don't ask me why, I guess it's just more convenient to read on my kindle these days.

I have to admit that I was a bit wary in the beginning. Looking through the paperback copy when I had first rece
Rachel
Aug 01, 2016 Rachel rated it really liked it
This was a perfect book for a relaxing summer day. I read it quickly, and it was a sweet yet very moving and adventerous story written by a homeschooler.

Annabeth knows how to fight, having been raised by powerful men in her life. She is constantly on the run from a man who is trying to take over the kingdom she lives in and is seeking her life. Aided by a mysertious stranger who helps her on her journey, will she be able to save the prince, the kingdom, and stay alive?

This is a high-intense, f
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Clean YA Girl's B...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Annabeth's War 10 19 Nov 01, 2015 08:18AM
  • The Heart of Arcrea (The Arcrean Conquest, #1)
  • Wren (The Romany Epistles)
  • Truth (Makilien, #1)
  • Red Rain (Unacccepted, #1)
  • The King's Scrolls (Ilyon Chronicles, #2)
  • The Ryn (Eyes of E'veria, #1)
  • Plenilune
  • A Dream Not Imagined
  • The Destiny of One (Destiny Trilogy, #1)
  • Golden Daughter (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #7)
  • Becoming Nikki
  • Fly Away Home
  • Healer's Curse (Mardan's Mark #0.5)
  • Champion in the Darkness (The Champion Trilogy #1)
  • Kingdom's Quest (Kingdom, #5)
  • The Word Changers