Start by marking “The Dragon Men (Clockwork Empire, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Dragon Men (Clockwork Empire, #3)

The Dragon Men (Clockwork Empire #3)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  15 reviews
As China prepares to become the ultimate power in an era of extraordinary invention and horror, Alice Michaels' fate lies inside the walls of the forbidden kingdom.... Gavin Ennock has everything a man could desire--except time. As the clockwork plague consumes his body and mind, it drives him increasingly mad and fractures his relationship with his fiancee, Alice, Lady Mi ...more
Published November 1st 2012 by Roc

To ask other readers questions about The Dragon Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dragon Men

Mandi
One Sentence Review: A (mostly) satisfying conclusion to Alice and Gavin's story with typical steampunk awesomeness.

Recommended for: Fans of steampunk and romance who also like action.

I've always been of two minds about this series. On the one hand, I love steampunk, and this series has some pretty awesome steampunk elements. Plus, zombies.

On the other hand, I'm not much of a romance fan, and I actually know something about science. This series can get a bit heavy-handed on the romance side of t
Kt
Review originally posted on my blog: A Book Obsession..

Now that Gavin has become a clockworker, infected by the only strain of the plague that Alice cannot cure, his time is running out as he slips further and further down the rabbit hole of his destroyed mind. Their only shot lies in making it to China in hopes that their own form of the clockworkers, Dragon Men hold the cure. But more than just time and distance lies in their way as the emperor of China has shut their borders to keep Alice's c
John
Mr. Harper deftly takes me right back into his fascinating world after a year away. The characters are just as memorable and the events very satisfying. I think my strongest praise for Harper's work in this novel, and the two prior to it, is the strong role the female characters play in the story. I can't say he gets them perfect (I'm a male reader after all), but they are definitely not decoration or damsel's in distress. Good job Mr. Harper. Bravo!
LadyCroft86
A good way to end this part of the series. I really liked the China aspect with the concubine and her son. I really enjoyed the story and the characters, all very interesting. I am also really happy with how the end was presented. It made it hard to write any more books but I think it's been really well done as a trilogy.
Bradley Hartman
Jan 08, 2013 Bradley Hartman rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Steampunk fans
I was a little befuddled since this is the first Steven Harper book I have read, but his small overview od the past two books and the ease that the story comes to the reader, put me in the zone quickly and kept me there til the end. Dragon Men has the feel of the Wizard of Oz and all the excitement that that film promised and didn't, Dragon Men does though and in big bursts of it. The characters are fantastically simple and therefore believeable and the inventions are very imaginative to say the ...more
Scarlett Barnhill
Fantastic book, and a great ending to Gavin and Alice's storyline. I don't think I'll ever get over how amazing the world that Steven Harper created is -- there's so much detail, and it's evident in this book in particular because he highlights the differences in culture between Britain and China within his world. It's fitting, and fascinating.

Highly recommend to any lover of steampunk, scifi or fantasy. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Kristi
Great wrap up to this story line - and there was a fun teaser at the end that has me excited about the next installment in this world of the Clockwork Empire. It is helpful to have read the first 2 books before diving into this one - but there is a little summary of everything that happened at the beginning of this one that helps you out if you need a refresher or haven't had a chance to read the earlier books.
Tammy
Yes, this is the third book in the series. No, I have not read the other two. At the beginning there is a great synopsis of the other two books. And I loved this one. I will definitely read more.
Say
nope- I JUST made it through the second, and unfortunately this appeared to be more of the same. I give up on this series. The first book "The Doomsday Vault" is really worth a read though.... the rest are just too redundant, but with none of the risk.
Jenn
It may have been due to the long time I had between reading book two and three but I no longer felt any interest in this story. It was predictable and had too tidy of an ending. Sad because I did enjoy books 1 and 2.
Vicki
I absolutely loved this wrap up of the Clockwork Empire Series! Wow! Very satisfying and loads of fun to read. The inventiveness just floors me!
Chris
I think this may be my favorite one of this series. I loved the descriptions of Gavin seeing into the quantum structure of the universe.
Julianne
Great finish to the Clockwork Empire trilogy (although I've heard another is coming out next month). Loved the Chinese history.
Dr susan
An enthralling and satisfying end to Gavin's and Alice's adventures.
Scott
As always, a great book, but said to see this story end.
Alison S
Alison S marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Timothy Jenson
Timothy Jenson marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Miriam
Miriam marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Chadrick Hess
Chadrick Hess marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Mary Nguyen
Mary Nguyen marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Vilde
Vilde marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Gaines
Gaines marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
ilovebakedgoods (Teresa)
ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
  • The Doctor and the Kid (Weird West Tales, #2)
  • Clockwork Fairy Tales: A Collection of Steampunk Fables
  • Cold Copper (Age of Steam, #3)
  • Hearts of Smoke and Steam (The Society of Steam, #2)
  • Cuttlefish (Cuttlefish, #1)
  • Expedition to the Mountains of the Moon (Burton & Swinburne, #3)
  • Scarlet Devices (Steam and Seduction, #2)
  • Dawn's Early Light (Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences, #3)
  • The Osiris Ritual (Newbury and Hobbes, #2)
  • The Constantine Affliction
  • Unnatural History (Pax Britannia, #1)
  • The Hunter (The Legend Chronicles, #1)
  • Silver Mirrors (Apparatus Infernum, #2)
  • Gilded (The St. Croix Chronicles, #2)
  • Moonlight & Mechanicals (Gaslight Chronicles, #4)
  • The Inexplicables (The Clockwork Century, #4)
  • Night's Engines (The Nightbound Land, #2)
  • Dead of Veridon (The Burn Cycle #2)

Clockwork Empire (4 books)
  • The Doomsday Vault (Clockwork Empire, #1)
  • The Impossible Cube (Clockwork Empire, #2)
  • The Havoc Machine (Clockwork Empire, #4)
The Doomsday Vault (Clockwork Empire, #1) Dreamer (The Silent Empire, #1) The Impossible Cube (Clockwork Empire, #2) Nightmare (The Silent Empire, #2) Trickster (The Silent Empire, #3)