Start by marking “Flight of the crippled eagle” as Want to Read:
Flight of the crippled eagle

Flight of the crippled eagle

Published October 1997 by Deseret Book Co.

To ask other readers questions about Flight of the crippled eagle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flight of the crippled eagle

Jami
May 08, 2008 Jami rated it it was amazing
This was one of the most inspirational books I have read in a long time. I am so greatful for the perspective it gave in my life. I dare to complain about the small trials I face in my life compared to what this man overcame. I was so touched by his perseverance and positive attitude. I think that it is so true that "Your attitude determines your altitude" and Chris exemplifies this theme in his life. I would highly recommend it!
Stacy
Mar 08, 2010 Stacy rated it it was amazing
Such an incredible story. What this family and young man went through is almost unbelievable. I really thought a lot about it after I finished the book and even looked him up on the internet to learn more about him, since it was a true story. The author is obviously not a gifted writer---it reads sometimes like it would if I would have written it! But it was the story, not the writing that made the book what it was. I highly recommend it to anyone.
Shauna
Jul 15, 2010 Shauna rated it really liked it
An inspiring true story about a seven-year-old boy who became quadriplegic when hit by a drunk driver. Chris showed incredible strength and determination in the face of almost insurmountable trials. The writing is not great, but I really enjoyed the story and the lessons about faith, trials, eternal perspective, love, and gratitude.
I originally gave the book three stars because of the writing, but I ended up liking the story so much that I changed it to four.
Lenny Husen
Jul 21, 2013 Lenny Husen rated it really liked it
I knew Chris Welton because we were in a couple of classes together at Sac State. This isn't the best written book in the world, and a little bit too religious, but I am so glad that someone did write a book about Chris. He was and is one of my heroes, and I think of him often. I read this book at least 12 years ago.
Christine
Feb 13, 2008 Christine rated it really liked it
Shelves: memoir
There's so much to learn from this book! It's great. Really inspirational.

My favorite part is when he says "when I have a problem I don't waste energy thinking about how I got in that situation. Instead I focus on how to fix my situation" or something like that. I paraphrased it...

I didn't give it a perfect score because my friend Hannah said it was "sappy". But I disagree with her.
Jamie
May 19, 2008 Jamie rated it it was amazing
This book really opens your eyes to all the blessings you have and enjoy everyday. It's hard to ever complain about things being bad, when there are people who have truly lived in some of the worst situations. It's really inspirational and makes you want to live life to the fullest.
Tia Saxton
Sep 08, 2011 Tia Saxton rated it it was amazing
A true story of a boy who becomes a quadriplegic and is adopted into an LDS family. It makes you realize how much the human spirit can do against all odds. And makes you thankful for your own trials, they seem very minor after reading this book. Aa easy read and very worth it!
Leah
Nov 26, 2016 Leah rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Wow I loved this book! What an incredible story. Chris is such an inspiration, and he accomplished so much. I am amazed at his perseverance. Chris and his adoptive parents truly live life to the fullest!
Laurel
Sep 02, 2010 Laurel rated it really liked it
Wow - what a remarkable young man. This book makes me want to be a foster parent and is just inspiring in a lot of ways.
Anne
Feb 16, 2008 Anne rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: foster parents or people interested in foster parenting
Wow. It was a great story, but it tired me out just reading it. I can't believe what these people went through.
Sound586
Feb 14, 2009 Sound586 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. As a mom of special needs kids I really related to the foster/adoptive mother. It was such an inspiring book.
Carolyn
Jan 15, 2013 Carolyn rated it it was amazing
True story of a boy paralized from neck down at age 7. His life and his accomplishments are amazing.
Arlene Stokes
Jan 17, 2012 Arlene Stokes rated it it was amazing
This was a great story of a young boy that became a quadriplegic after being hit by a drunk driver. It's an inspiring true story that has many
touching moments.
Diane
Jun 26, 2010 Diane rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
Amazing story that made me appreciate my challenges. Chris was great inspiration on having faith in the Lord's plan.
Greg
Greg rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2008
Natalie Beck
Natalie Beck rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2010
Rachel Cunningham
Rachel Cunningham rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2011
Holly
Holly rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Jordy Bean
Jordy Bean rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2009
Katie
Jul 24, 2009 Katie rated it liked it
This book was inspirational and a good read, but the writer did not have much talent.
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2008
Landon Wilkey
Landon Wilkey rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2015
Kristin Andersen
Kristin Andersen rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2011
Tym
Tym rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2012
Janice
May 12, 2009 Janice rated it really liked it
The author didn't seem to have a lot of talent, but the story was very inspirational and true.
JoAnn
JoAnn rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2011
Susie
Susie rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2008
Esther
Esther rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2014
Cherie Ball
Cherie Ball rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2012
Jane
Jane rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2008