Start by marking “Aura” as Want to Read:
Aura

Aura

3.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  81 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
What if the greatest weapon in the age-old war between good and evil was inside of you?

Crystal Scott has always felt different but tried hard to blend in. Now that she's scored the lead in the school play, has a boyfriend she adores, and a best friend she can't live without, she finally feels like she belongs.

A few days before prom, a mysterious young man appears and sudd
Published November 9th 2012 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Aura, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aura

Karlene Browning
Mar 16, 2013 Karlene Browning rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good read for teen girls. I liked the message in it. There was a little violence—it's paranormal so you have to expect that. Planning to do a full review on my blog at some point, but wanted to give it a thumbs up here right away.

See full review: http://bit.ly/YDgxZN
 CCAM&GZM
Mar 10, 2013 CCAM&GZM rated it really liked it
"Nothing out of the ordinary—but nothing was as it seemed. Never would be again."

This quote fits very well with Aura by Rebecca Lynn Talley. It seems that the plot has nothing special, all in the line of eternal struggle between good and evil, still an uncertain relationship(s) and a maturity or evolving forced by circumstances. But "as nothing was as it seemed", as the book today because it's a very special and good book.

Important and admirable is how the heroine succeed, although she has nume
Rachael Anderson
This is one of those books that you hope will become widespread enough to make a positive impact in this world. Personally, I think this is a book every teenager should read and I will definitely be passing it along to my own kids. Thank you, Rebecca, for writing a beautiful story with a wonderful message! I hope you keep at it because now I want a sequel!
Su
Aug 13, 2014 Su rated it did not like it
The book had good intentions with its message about good vs. evil and how good wins in the end, but the only problem was that I had to fight back my inner demons from coming out while reading it. I had never been this furious while reading a book. It started off as an interesting story with its suspenseful buildup but that lasted only until the first 100 pages. The characters irritated me to no end later and the dialogues were repetitive.
The author wanted to portray Crystal as a very good perso
May Abbey
Dec 14, 2012 May Abbey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful, wonderful message. Probably the most solid moral message I’ve ever read in contemporary literature, but without being too heavy or feeling like a lecture. You could almost look at it like an allegory, I think, representing real life with fictional symbols. I’m trying to explain without giving anything away, and I think I’m doing a bad job. Anyway, I have four boys, but if I had a girl, I would definitely have her read it. The story is imaginative and creative, Crystal is a strong but ...more
Tamera Westhoff
Dec 09, 2012 Tamera Westhoff rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I got this book for free and LOVED it! I can't wait to read any follow up books! (There WILL be follow up books, right?) In this story Crystal is full of light, thanks to making good choices, and she has to figure out how to keep the light in the midst of high school where temptation runs rampant and where she just wants to be an average girl! I like that things never went too far, and I felt like it was very well-written, with rounded out characters! The Kindle version had one page where t ...more
Kristin (Blood,Sweat and Books)
Review:

Have you ever heard the term Clean Read? If you haven't, it basically means the book is appropriate for "conservative" readers to enjoy. The book has very light violence, usually no swearing, and definitely no sex. In movie terms it would be given a G-rating, wholesome for the whole family to enjoy type of deal. Can a book be to clean though? Oh yeah. Aura suffers with that exact problem and here is why:

The main protagonist of the story Crystal is a force for the greater good. Her "Aura"
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Mar 10, 2013 Lisa (Bookworm Lisa) rated it really liked it
*** 3.5 Stars ***

Crystal has spent most of her life moving from place to place with her parents. Her father is a minister and they move to help new congregations. She is in her senior year of high school and finally settled into a place where she feels at home. She has as best friend and a boyfriend. She is the lead in High School play and going to Prom. Her dreams are coming true.

Things take a drastic change when she begins to be pressured to take part in activities that she is not comfortable
Nova Zaiden
This story was... good.

I really don't know what to make of it because I was reading and reading, waiting for something exciting got happen, but for me, it didn't. I felt kind of bored a little mislead by the pitch. Something in the pitch was like "this is amazing and SOOO intense" but when I actually read it, I was just like, "get rid of the demons and 'light' and this book could be realistic fiction."

Another thing that might've been better was Crystal's character. She's built to be known as a g
Val
Mar 14, 2013 Val rated it really liked it
Aura follows the awakening of Crystal, a girl who has moved around so much that she’s never fit in. Now, when she finally has a boyfriend, a best friend, and a successful part in the school play, she’s realizing that she’s more special than she ever knew. Crystal’s parents have tried to hide the truth from her, though they always raised her to live a good life. Crystal has a special talent, The Light, which allows her to overcome the tempting power of demons.

The beginning of the book focuses on
Ambrosia Sullivan
I was looking forward to reading Aura by Rebecca Talley and was very happy to take part in the book tour for this book. Overall I did enjoy the book and it was an enjoyable enough read. The structure is very good and I was happy with the writing style. Considering some of the books I have read lately it was nice to have a book that did have a solid foundation with it.

However there was some very dragging points where things just seemed to stall and very slowly roll along. The start of the book wa
Juewelz - SMIBookClub
Mar 05, 2013 Juewelz - SMIBookClub rated it liked it
Recommends it for: teens, parents
Aura is a YA Paranormal novel. This is a feel good read, HEA BUT it’s not, Pleasantville there ARE twist,turns,ups and downs, fights, breakups, attempted sexual assault AND even death. However, the author does a good job at keeping the details of some of the tougher parts very YA/Teen friendly.

The main character is Crystal Scott a high school senior. Crystal, is VERY different than most high school girls she is, good. No Blaire & Serena here (I miss you, Gossip Girl). Not just 7th Haven goo
Vonnie
Sep 29, 2013 Vonnie rated it liked it
*spoilers*

I kept debating on how I felt about this book. Aura was a typical good versus evil story where the good overcomes evil. The story was well written and easy to read.

I found the twists of auras in the story to be interesting. Usually in this kind of story, you expect demons fighting angels. Instead, a person's inner light was used to combat against these demonic entities. Also, I enjoyed how a person's decisions affect one's light. The more morally correct decisions you make, the brighte
Jinky
(2.5)
I was quickly drawn into the book by the suspenseful beginning and it made me happy. However, I was just as swiftly disappointed to find out that the mystery was not played out well enough to make it a fabulous read. It seemed to me that the author wanted to make sure that the message of “good prevails evil” to come across that instead of having the story tell it, she spelled it out. I want to be challenged. I want to read between the lines. I want spunky character developments that would h
Jenny
Mar 11, 2013 Jenny rated it really liked it
Aura was an enjoyable read for me, and also a quick one, which I like! I love stories about demons, light and dark, so I knew I would like it! The highlight for me was Crystal as a character. She was refreshingly good, but still believable. A great role model for teens!

Crystal always seems to make the right choices insofar as moral issues. She constantly seconds guesses herself, though, which made it feel more real to me. Its nice for teens to have a "good girl" character they could relate to.
Paula  Phillips
Dec 29, 2013 Paula Phillips rated it liked it

Crystal Scott has always been a good girl, one that has never felt the need to lie to her parents , love her parents and follows rules. Seventeen years later , she is at school when she experiences her teacher's eyes looking dead and feels sick. Soon , it is discovered that demons are infiltrating the city and her friends and inside of Crystal is the power to stop the fight between good and evil as within her body is the power of light and strong light as well. Soon we discover that this war lin
Inga
Apr 02, 2013 Inga rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
My review:

Aura by Rebecca Lynn Talley was a great book! It was intense and well-written and it was quite refreshing novel!

You meet Crystal Scott who seems like an ordinary teenager. She is not, she has powers and gifts which enable her to see right through people. She can see the difference in what lies behind - she recognizes the demons. Like usually, great powers come with great dangers and Crystal needs to face life threatening events.

I liked the premises of the story and the characters. I en
Kristi (Books and Needlepoint)
Tori's Thoughts: I enjoyed this book very much. It was very slow in the beginning for me, but I stuck with it. After about 4 chapters it started to click! I found it interesting how the author portrayed human nature from the less-than-stellar side; how a person's greed can overwhelm the good if left unchecked.

Crystal had been so good all her life that she had a very powerful Light. More powerful than even she knew. Vincent, on the other hand, was attracted to Light, but only so he could possess
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)

Aura is another classic story about good vs evil, light vs dark, with a paranormal spin.

The book started out slow for me. It took awhile for me to settle in and enjoy but it did happen. Everything in this book was good. Good characters, good story. It's just that I've heard this story before. There wasn't anything new or overly engaging.

One great thing about this book was the overall message. You could feel deeper meanings in this book. I love the whole idea that as Crystal was good a
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)

Paula
Jan 07, 2013 Paula rated it liked it
I am quite torn on this one. I enjoyed the book but I found the beginning and end a little weak. The beginning dragged out and the end wrapped up the story way too fast. The middle part of the book as solid though and very captivating. The message of the book was great too. But what really bothered me was the main character, Crystal at times. She wasn't just innocent, but downright naive and at times a little bit simple-minded if you ask me. What could have been a strong female character was wat ...more
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)

Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

Aura by Rebecca Lynn Talley had a wonderful message within the story that is beneficial to both young adult and adult readers alike. I really like the idea that the choices we make and how we live out lives are what bring out the light and dark within us. This book had some intense moments, but it stayed clean and, I feel it was engaging enough to catch and keep the attention of readers of all ages.
Lillian
Jun 06, 2014 Lillian rated it liked it
Shelves: read-half-of
it was pretty good in the beginning, but then it got kind of wierd and a little inappropriate.
Lisa Dess
Dec 08, 2015 Lisa Dess rated it liked it
I received this from Goodreads-First Reads.

I rate this a 3 1/2. I enjoyed the story and felt there was a solid moral message in it however; there were parts in the story where the dialogue was flat and just plain slow. The ending was a bit flat as well. I expected much more action during the battle of between Light and Dark. Will I read the next one? Probably :)
Tia
Dec 11, 2012 Tia rated it it was ok
It was way too childish in my mind. Yes, it was nice to read but would I continue on with the series? I sincerely doubt it. I wanted something a bit more kick ass.
Mindy
Mar 05, 2013 Mindy rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars. Really great message for girls. Hang into your Lights and do not let them go out! Full review March 8 www.minreadsandreviews.blogspot.com
Regina
Jan 22, 2013 Regina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read! I just loved the part about comparing the evil guy (Vincent) to a politician! Made me laugh! The end leaves room for a sequel....
Jaime
Feb 17, 2013 Jaime rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This had a good message, but was a little too sci fi for my taste. Vampires and werewolves are one thing. Demons are in a whole other league.
Nicole
May 09, 2013 Nicole rated it liked it
Definitely a true YA story. Great for teens with a great message about the power of good vs. evil.
Aleah
Aug 04, 2013 Aleah rated it really liked it
good read! action packed. would love to read the sequel
  • Alexander Drake's Extraordinary Pursuit (Azra's Pith, Book 1)
  • Shifting Pride
  • Cascade Brides (Cascade Brides #1-3)
  • Death and Kisses
  • Grace Doll
  • Blood Oath (Gabby Girls Adventure, #2)
  • Return of the Dragon Riders (Dragon Stone Saga #2)
  • To Love or Die in a Steamy-Reamy World
  • Shadowburbia
  • A Hard Act to Follow
  • Reflection (Whitney Steel, #1)
  • Daisy: Between a Rock and a Hard Place
  • Yours Affectionately, Jane Austen (The Man Who Loved Jane Austen, #2)
  • Twenty-Five Years Ago Today
  • Starseed
  • Fall of Sky City (Devices of War, #1)
  • Fire Within (Guardian Witch, #2)
  • Matt Archer: Blade's Edge (Matt Archer #2)
I was born and raised in California and now live in rural Colorado on a small ranch with my husband, 7 of my 10 kids, a dog, cats, a spoiled horse, and a herd of goats.

I am the author of a children's picture book, "Grasshopper Pie" (WindRiver 2003), and three novels, "Heaven Scent" (Cedar Fort 2008), "Altared Plans" (Cedar Fort 2009), and "The Upside of Down" (Cedar Fort 2011)and numerous children
More about Rebecca Talley...