Start by marking “Masterpieces in Miniature: The Detectives: Stories by Agatha Christie” as Want to Read:
Masterpieces in Miniature: The Detectives: Stories by Agatha Christie

Masterpieces in Miniature: The Detectives: Stories by Agatha Christie

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  370 ratings  ·  19 reviews
A collection of short whodunits from the world's most popular crime writer brings together thirty-nine of her finest mystery tales, featuring her famed sleuths Miss Marple, Hercule Poirot, Parker Pyne, and Harley Quin as they take on some of their most baffling cases.
Contents:
Part I: Parker Pyne: Meeting Parker Pyne / by Agatha Christie ; The case of the middle-aged wife ;
Published November 5th 2005 by Minotaur Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Masterpieces in Miniature, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Masterpieces in Miniature

Brackman1066
I had read all the Poirots and Marples in this book, but don't think I'd read any Parker Pyne or Harley Quin. Fun, if you're in the mood for some golden age stories!
Erin Eve
Loved the Parker Pyne character; he wasn't a detective as I was expecting but a person who made it his profession to make other people happy. His background in statistics gave him a good idea of why certain demographics of the population were unhappy and his methods of solving their problems were always imaginative and unexpected. The character of Harley Quin was wonderfully mysterious; there was always the hint of the supernatural about him but never any solid proof of it. He was always on hand ...more
Katrina
A fun collection of short stories featuring four of Agatha Christie's detectives. Harley Quin has always been a personal favorite, and I enjoyed reading his development from start to finish. He brings an enigmatic, mystical element to what can otherwise be somewhat formulaic stories. I have to admit that Christie hasn't held up over time quite as well as I remember her from my youth. Some of the mysteries are still excellent-others fall a bit flat. There are also a few uncomfortable moments from ...more
Elisha Condie
I bought this big fat book with a lovely giftcard from my lovely sister in law (thanks, Mares!). And it's a lovely book.

It's a collection of short stories about all of Agatha Christie's detectives. I did like a couple of the ones about Poirot, but have to admit he isn't my favorite. My favorite is Parker Pyne, a bald, comforting looking man who advertises to cure people's unhappiness, and then ends up doing it with the help of a cadre of character actors at his disposal.

Perfect book of short
Elizabeth McDonald
Anyone who has looked through my reviews knows I am a Christie fan through and through, and I have loved Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot since middle school. This fat short story collection introduced me to two other delightful characters, however. Mr. Parker Pyne not only solves mysteries, but socially engineers them for the benefit of his clients. Meanwhile, the mysterious Mr. Harley Quin appears out of nowhere at just the right moment to clear up whatever mystery threatens the happiness of wor ...more
Judine
I definitely enjoyed seeing a variety of Christie's characters and I liked that each of her detectives were quite distinct. I only have two qualms: Parker Payne is more of a "Mr. Fix It" for people than a detective, and I'm uncertain why Harley Quin is listed as the detective rather than Mr. Satterthwaite. Good read for mystery fans (though my copy has quite a few typos).
Clickety
I think I've always loved Agatha Christie's works, but I particularly enjoyed reading the short stories that featured some of her lesser-known characters (Parker Pyne and Mr. Quin). Most of the collections I have feature one or two of those stories at most. Reading them together gave me a much clearer understanding of her vision for the characters.
Angybone
Mar 09, 2008 Angybone is currently reading it
So far so good. This was my first exposure to Harley Quin. What an enigmatic character! These stories would be ideal for discussion/interpretation. Wonderful stuff!!!!
But did anybody think that Poirot and Satterthwaite were two sides of the same coin?
Gail
a good book to have around for those times when you want something light and fun.
Cat
Parker Pyne and Harley Quin were ones I wish she had written more of. But Poirot was and always is brilliant. Fantastic short stories that always leave you guessing.
Frankie
Truly wonderful to see Christie's masterful handling of the short story form. This is her forte. An enjoyable treat for die-hard and casual fans alike!
Tara
This collection of Agatha Christie's short fiction is a treat. The Parker Pyne and Harley Quin stories were entirely new to me.
Janette
This is almost 700 pages of short stories....Parker Pyne, Harley Quin, Hercule Poirot, Miss Marple. Lots of fun, loved them all.
Alex
This is an awesome collection of Agatha Christie short stories. Recommended to AGatha Christie fans like myself.
DiForBooks
Masterpieces In Miniature - The Detectives - Stories by Agatha Christie (2005)
Charlotte
This book is a must have for those long winter nights.
Rachel
Apr 17, 2009 Rachel added it
This was a great book. I love Agatha Christie's work.
Arezu
جالب بود ولی بازم نه خیلی خوب و شوک کننده
Ki
A fantastic collection.
Arridjalu Ahmad
Arridjalu Ahmad is currently reading it
Dec 25, 2014
Anbas
Anbas marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Anjie
Anjie marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Sharon Johnson
Sharon Johnson marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Gitte
Gitte marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Ali
Ali is currently reading it
Dec 05, 2014
  • Agatha Christie and the Eleven Missing Days
  • Agatha Christie
  • Agatha Christie at Home
  • Three By Tey: Miss Pym Disposes, The Franchise Affair, and Brat Farrar
  • The Affair of the Mutilated Mink (Burford Family Mysteries, #2)
  • The Scandal of Father Brown (Father Brown, #5)
  • The Rose and the Yew Tree
  • Jane and His Lordship's Legacy (Jane Austen Mysteries, #8)
  • The Complete Works of O. Henry
  • Death Dines In
  • Murder on the Moor (Rex Graves Mystery, #4)
  • Detection Unlimited (Inspector Hemingway Mystery #4)
  • Death By Design (A Scrapbooking Mystery, #1-3)
  • Photo Finish (Roderick Alleyn, #31)

Agatha Mary Clarissa Miller was born in Torquay, Devon, England, U.K., as the youngest of three. The Millers had two other children: Margaret Frary Miller (1879–1950), called Madge, who was eleven years Agatha's senior, and Louis Montant Miller (1880
More about Agatha Christie...
And Then There Were None Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #10) The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Hercule Poirot #1) Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple, #1) The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Hercule Poirot, #4)