Start by marking “Masterpieces in Miniature: The Detectives: Stories by Agatha Christie” as Want to Read:
Masterpieces in Miniature: The Detectives: Stories by Agatha Christie

Masterpieces in Miniature: The Detectives: Stories by Agatha Christie

A collection of short whodunits from the world's most popular crime writer brings together thirty-nine of her finest mystery tales, featuring her famed sleuths Miss Marple, Hercule Poirot, Parker Pyne, and Harley Quin as they take on some of their most baffling cases.
Contents:
Part I: Parker Pyne: Meeting Parker Pyne / by Agatha Christie ; The case of the middle-aged wife ;
Published November 5th 2005 by Minotaur Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Masterpieces in Miniature, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Masterpieces in Miniature

Ahmad Sharabiani
Masterpieces in Miniature: The Detectives: Stories, Agatha Christie
عنوان: جعبه مینیاتور؛ در 12 ص؛ مترجم: حسین یعقوبی؛ نمایش رادیویی، با صدای اکبر زنجانپور؛
Brackman1066
Oct 08, 2014 Brackman1066 rated it really liked it
I had read all the Poirots and Marples in this book, but don't think I'd read any Parker Pyne or Harley Quin. Fun, if you're in the mood for some golden age stories!
Katrina
May 29, 2012 Katrina rated it liked it
A fun collection of short stories featuring four of Agatha Christie's detectives. Harley Quin has always been a personal favorite, and I enjoyed reading his development from start to finish. He brings an enigmatic, mystical element to what can otherwise be somewhat formulaic stories. I have to admit that Christie hasn't held up over time quite as well as I remember her from my youth. Some of the mysteries are still excellent-others fall a bit flat. There are also a few uncomfortable moments from ...more
Stephanie
Jun 07, 2016 Stephanie rated it really liked it
This is a lovely collection of her stories featuring four of her famous detectives: Parker Pyne, Mr. Harley Quin, Poirot and Marple. There are, I gather, other volumes with Parker Pyne collections and Mr. Quin collections, but I'd never read stories of either of them. This was a great introduction to them. If you've ever watched the show Poirot, you've at least heard of most of the Hercule Poirot stories gathered here. The Miss Marple stories were classic Marple.

I enjoyed getting to know Parker
Elisha Condie
Sep 26, 2010 Elisha Condie rated it really liked it
I bought this big fat book with a lovely giftcard from my lovely sister in law (thanks, Mares!). And it's a lovely book.

It's a collection of short stories about all of Agatha Christie's detectives. I did like a couple of the ones about Poirot, but have to admit he isn't my favorite. My favorite is Parker Pyne, a bald, comforting looking man who advertises to cure people's unhappiness, and then ends up doing it with the help of a cadre of character actors at his disposal.

Perfect book of short
Elizabeth McDonald
Anyone who has looked through my reviews knows I am a Christie fan through and through, and I have loved Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot since middle school. This fat short story collection introduced me to two other delightful characters, however. Mr. Parker Pyne not only solves mysteries, but socially engineers them for the benefit of his clients. Meanwhile, the mysterious Mr. Harley Quin appears out of nowhere at just the right moment to clear up whatever mystery threatens the happiness of wor ...more
Judine
Jul 23, 2008 Judine rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I definitely enjoyed seeing a variety of Christie's characters and I liked that each of her detectives were quite distinct. I only have two qualms: Parker Payne is more of a "Mr. Fix It" for people than a detective, and I'm uncertain why Harley Quin is listed as the detective rather than Mr. Satterthwaite. Good read for mystery fans (though my copy has quite a few typos).
Clickety
Jul 23, 2008 Clickety rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
I think I've always loved Agatha Christie's works, but I particularly enjoyed reading the short stories that featured some of her lesser-known characters (Parker Pyne and Mr. Quin). Most of the collections I have feature one or two of those stories at most. Reading them together gave me a much clearer understanding of her vision for the characters.
Angybone
Mar 09, 2008 Angybone is currently reading it
So far so good. This was my first exposure to Harley Quin. What an enigmatic character! These stories would be ideal for discussion/interpretation. Wonderful stuff!!!!
But did anybody think that Poirot and Satterthwaite were two sides of the same coin?
Janette
Mar 25, 2012 Janette rated it really liked it
This is almost 700 pages of short stories....Parker Pyne, Harley Quin, Hercule Poirot, Miss Marple. Lots of fun, loved them all.
Cat Priamos
Aug 06, 2013 Cat Priamos rated it it was amazing
Parker Pyne and Harley Quin were ones I wish she had written more of. But Poirot was and always is brilliant. Fantastic short stories that always leave you guessing.
Alex
Oct 14, 2010 Alex rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome collection of Agatha Christie short stories. Recommended to AGatha Christie fans like myself.
Tara
Nov 15, 2011 Tara rated it really liked it
This collection of Agatha Christie's short fiction is a treat. The Parker Pyne and Harley Quin stories were entirely new to me.
Frankie
Jun 11, 2011 Frankie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, owned
Truly wonderful to see Christie's masterful handling of the short story form. This is her forte. An enjoyable treat for die-hard and casual fans alike!
Raymond Bial
Apr 07, 2015 Raymond Bial rated it it was amazing
A collection of many of Agatha Christie's best stories. many of which were well worth reading again and several that not yet enjoyed. Each is truly a masterpiece.
Becca
Becca rated it really liked it
May 13, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2015
Hema
Hema rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2012
Taryn
Taryn rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2015
Sarah Eisele
Sarah Eisele rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2013
Rebecca Hercock
Rebecca Hercock rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2013
Chaitra Sathyanarayan
Chaitra Sathyanarayan rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2014
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2009
Kathryn Sawyer
Kathryn Sawyer rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2015
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2014
Cynthia Getford
Cynthia Getford rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2015
Stuart Frazer
Stuart Frazer rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2011
Catriona Rogers
Catriona Rogers rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2009
Aibrean
Aibrean rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2013
  • Duchess of Death: The Unauthorized Biography of Agatha Christie
  • Murder for Christmas
  • Agatha Christie
  • Agatha Christie: A Biography
  • Three By Tey: Miss Pym Disposes, The Franchise Affair, and Brat Farrar
  • Agatha Christie at Home
  • Agatha Christie and the Eleven Missing Days
  • Between the Thames and the Tiber: The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes in Britain and the Italian Peninsula
  • Classic Tales and Fables for Children
  • Oxford Blood (Jemima Shore, #5)
  • His Burial Too (Inspector Sloan #5)
  • The Affair of the Mutilated Mink (Burford Family Mysteries, #2)
  • Detection Unlimited (Inspector Hemingway Mystery #4)
  • Blood Never Dies (Bill Slider,#15)
  • The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Web Weaver
  • Death Dines In
  • Scandal in Fair Haven (Henrie O, #2)
  • The Scandal of Father Brown (Father Brown, #5)

More about Agatha Christie...