Start by marking “Excessive Entanglement” as Want to Read:
Excessive Entanglement

Read Excerpt

Excessive Entanglement

Praise for Excessive Entanglement:

"d’Arbeloff’s Excessive Entanglement is a prophetic political thriller. The book reads fast and furious; I’d suggest not picking it up unless you have an open evening."
- Joe Mack, The Current

“Excessive Entanglement is a riveting and brilliant political thriller. As a politician—one, in fact, who does not always share the lead character’s
Published November 15th 2012 by Createspace (first published September 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Excessive Entanglement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Excessive Entanglement

Jen
Mar 27, 2013 Jen rated it it was amazing
The first novel from Nick d'Arbeloff (not a YA writer) is awesome. I expected some generalized awkwardness, especially being a self-published piece, but there isn't any. I don't know who edited for him, but the two did an amazing job on this novel.

It's a political thriller, a near-future science fiction story, a to-the-point look at religion in politics, and a mystery. How in the world does a first time author accomplish all 4? Beautifully...that's how.

There's no one main character, but several
John Johnstone
Jul 25, 2013 John Johnstone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Before selecting this book, I got quite excited by the synopsis and reviews I read, as scifi and West Wing politics are two of my favourites. Was I premature?, not a bit, this was a great book and met all my needs in one. This is a must for scifi fans that like political thrillers - Star Trek meets the White House.

From the start I was hooked, the author Nick d'Arbeloff in his first novel has worked some real magic. The book is such an easy read and keeps you interested throughout. He has obvious
Heather
Apr 25, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
Cerulea - 27 light years distant - a fresh start. Imagine a multinational mission to colonize a new world in 2033 with all that is good about the human race, while leaving behind all that is bad. But by whose definition, whose standard? Nick d'Arbeloff presents an insightful and engaging look into the dynamics of politics versus religion under the banner of the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment's separation of church and state, the avoidance of excessive entanglements. His characters are ...more
Nick d'Arbeloff
May 26, 2013 Nick d'Arbeloff rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The book is a fast-paced political thriller which seeks to ask and answer a very specific question: if mankind was suddenly faced with an opportunity to shape a brand new civilization, how might we go about it? And equally important: Would our two warring political "tribes" even allow us to get to the launch pad?

It's a big concept thriller that doesn't let the reader off the hook. If you like books that ask nothing of you, and you just go along for the ride, I'd say don't read it. If you like to
George
Jun 27, 2013 George rated it really liked it
AN ALL TOO BELIEVABLE STORY
Marlene
May 01, 2013 Marlene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Excessive Entanglement is an ambitious story that delivers tense confrontations and high emotion. When an Earth-like planet is discovered, coupled with a breakthrough in FTL technology, the leaders of Earth's nations work together to send a colony representing the entire world.

With crises taken from today's headlines, Nick d'Arbeloff paints a future world trapped in murderous conflict. The arguments are so real, there were times it made my stomach hurt. There are no easy answers given, and the e
Ann
Mar 28, 2013 Ann rated it really liked it
This book really provokes a lot of thinking. When the inhabitants of earth get set to colonize a new planet, there are so many problems to discuss. What form of government, what role of technology, what about religion. People are dying that offer opinions. Should the world leaders accept private financing? A good read about the possible future of earth.
Ellen
Aug 01, 2013 Ellen rated it really liked it
No spoilers here! I don't usually read this "style" of book, but, it kept my interest. I have never been much for politics, and after reading this understand certain "processes" even though it was set in the near future! Thank you for the interesting read Nick. Makes a person think of what will the future have in store for humanity!
Bonny
Feb 16, 2016 Bonny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like techno-science fiction and thrillers this is a great choice. I found it to be very timely, in fact rather painfully reflective of current political issues. The story is original and creative, and I found myself hungry for a sequel at the end.
Lkai
Apr 10, 2013 Lkai rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a well thought out, well researched, well presented speculative fiction. There are a few editing issues (a missing word here and there) But overall, very engaging. Mr. d'Arbeloff argues very well on both sides of the secular/religious coin. Loved the ending.
Crystal
Crystal rated it really liked it
May 04, 2013
Johnson Tran
Johnson Tran rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2013
Natasha
Natasha rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2014
Marlene Quattlebaum
Marlene Quattlebaum rated it it was ok
Feb 24, 2015
Audrey Lawson
Audrey Lawson rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2013
Barb
Barb rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2014
Sean Mcweeney
Sean Mcweeney rated it really liked it
May 12, 2013
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2013
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2013
Lbug
Lbug rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2013
Lita
Lita added it
Feb 01, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
John Mccrory
John Mccrory marked it as to-read
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Monica Sanchez
Monica Sanchez marked it as to-read
Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers marked it as to-read
Michael Sanchez
Michael Sanchez marked it as to-read
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Micah Rasmussen
Micah Rasmussen marked it as to-read
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Violet
Violet marked it as to-read
Shawn
Shawn marked it as to-read
Max
Max marked it as to-read
PJ
PJ marked it as to-read
Jenn Haile
Jenn Haile marked it as to-read
Russell Moore
Russell Moore marked it as to-read
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Crystal Lombard taylor
Crystal Lombard taylor marked it as to-read
  • The Fractured Road - Part 1: East and West
  • A Cold Black Wave
  • Day 8: New Human War (Part 1)
  • Teller of Tales
  • The Light in the Darkness
  • The Adventures of Don Valiente and the Apache Canyon Kid
  • Real Illusions: Stories
  • A Matter of Importance
  • The Night Sweeper (The Sweeper Chronicles #1)
  • Sail Away: Journeys of a Merchant Seaman
Nick d'Arbeloff was born and raised in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

After graduating from Georgetown University with a degree in English literature, Nick began a successful career in high technology. In the 1990s, he co-founded one software company and founded another.

As the threat of climate change became increasingly apparent, Nick was invited to train under former Vice President Al Gore in 2006 as
More about Nick d'Arbeloff...