Start by marking “When We Go Walking” as Want to Read:
When We Go Walking
Preview

When We Go Walking

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Wendy and her exuberant family of walkers discover new things on Rambling Road every day in all kinds of weather. No one keeps the things they find except for Wendy: numbers and letters, ribbon and string, a bucket, a ball, a wheel from a wagon. But what will she do with all this stuff? One snowy day when no one can go walking, Wendy, using her treasure trove of found obje ...more
Hardcover, 1 page
Published April 23rd 2013 by Two Lions

To ask other readers questions about When We Go Walking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When We Go Walking

Polly
I want to like this book more than I do, but it isn't quite right. It has some nice things about it, but the quirkiness isn't really quirky enough for me.
Bonnie
When the family goes on their daily walks, they each find different treasures to appreciate along the way.
Leanne Hooper
A great little book about the treasures you can find when you go for a walk!
Samantha
Follow a family on their nature walks and see what can be made out of the many tresures they find.

This book has a great family at the center of it and they are spending quality time together interacting with nature, but the pacing is strange and the treasures don't amount to a fantastically wonderful necessary thing, which is what I was expecting.

Illustrations were rendered in oil paint and collage. I really enjoyed the collage aspect of the artwork. It gives readers a feast for the eyes as litt
Janet
The text of this title is a bit awkward and lengthy. However, the concept of the family taking a walk in all four seasons and actually looking at what is in their surroundings is wonderful which is way the title receives four stars. And it is each of the four family members who are looking that the objects or scenery that interests them and sharing with the others makes this really good. As I read and looked at the illustrations I kept thinking this must be an English when in reality the illustr ...more
Love recycling stories!
Debrarian

Neat book about a strolling family noticing things in their environment while the little girl collects found objects and eventually creates cool interactive art. (I think "On Rambling Road" would be a more distinctive title.)
Vicki
This is such a joyful and uplifting book with wonderful illustrations. However my neatnik compulsion comes through as I am reading wondering where is all of the items being collected by Wendy going to end up - can you say "hoarder"?? This reminds to me too much of my mother-in-law. If you can ignore that idea while reading this book, it is nice family book.
Alison
A family goes on walks throughout the seasons and the daughter collects things as they go. Then come winter when it is too cold to go outside the girl uses the things she has collected to recreate the road in her room and allow her family to have the same experience as when they are out walking.
The Library Lady
The rhythm of the text is somehow awkward, but I love the concepts. And as the seasons change, there is lots to look at and talk about in the pictures. This might inspire art projects with "found" objects, and perhaps even family walks to discover new things in the neighborhood.
Rita M
Enjoyed by 2-3 4 year old grandkids. Nice story of family taking a walk together in all seasons. I appreciate family oriented books.
Lindsay
I was hoping for something more remarkable to come of all the protagonist's collecting. Might work for an Earth Day request.
Jen
May 20, 2013 Jen rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: pb
eh. neat collage-y pictures. family exploring and walking, too long to read in storytime. kinda underwhelming.
Tara Kothari
It reminded me of the things I used to collect as a kid.. But I am not sure I enjoyed the way it was written.
Julie
Fun extension activity ideas.
Cailin
Jae
Jae added it
Oct 08, 2014
Candace Dibble
Candace Dibble marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sally Jean, the Bicycle Queen Shrinking Violet Beatrice Spells Some Lulus and Learns to Write a Letter My Three Best Friends and Me, Zulay Three Cheers for Catherine the Great!