Start by marking “Wildflowers in the Median: A Restorative Journey Into Healing, Justice, and Joy” as Want to Read:
Wildflowers in the Median: A Restorative Journey Into Healing, Justice, and Joy

Wildflowers in the Median: A Restorative Journey Into Healing, Justice, and Joy

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
When Agnes Furey lost her forty-year old daughter Pat and six-year-old grandson Christopher to homicide in 1998 at the hands of Leonard Scovens, words could not describe the hole left in her heart. Even so, rather than hate, Furey chose peace, and she reached out to Scovens in prison.

Wildflowers in the Median tells the story of their journey of restoration. Through a colle
Published November 7th 2012 by iUniverse (first published November 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Wildflowers in the Median, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wildflowers in the Median

Mary Kay Keller, PhD
This book is a revolution of the word forgiveness. It takes us to a place where we can realize that forgiveness is not about condoning another person's behavior it is about facing up to the impact another's behavior has had on our life and bringing the impact to the person who needs to face up to their actions. It is also about understanding that another person's actions are not personal they are however understandable when we open our hearts to hearing the full story, the full story of being hu ...more
Amanda
Wildflowers in the Median is an artwork of words that reaches out to readers, opening them to the beautiful and violent emotions of the heart. It is not a story told from one point of view, from beginning to end, but it is a journey that two people, Agnes Furey and Leonard Scovens , take part in.
Bri
This book is a bit of a shock to the system. It is hard to fathom any kind of understanding or forgiveness in the wake of such violence and tragedy. But Agnes Furey and Leonard Scovens made me think and really challenged me to consider healing and relationships in a different light. I will read it again since it is so short, but what I do love about it is that it returns humanity to both people involved who have been broken.
Mona
Mona marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Becki
Becki marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Cyril Scovens
Cyril Scovens marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Kate Schartel
Kate Schartel marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Miranda
Miranda marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Kate Forkel
Kate Forkel is currently reading it
Sep 30, 2013
Lisa Nickerson
Lisa Nickerson marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
Kristin Froehlich
Kristin Froehlich marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
Akin
Akin is currently reading it
Dec 26, 2012