Start by marking “Families in Many Cultures” as Want to Read:
Families in Many Cultures

Families in Many Cultures

Large or small, close or faraway, families take many shapes all over the world. What does your family look like?
Published September 1st 2007 by Pebble Plus (first published August 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Families in Many Cultures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Families in Many Cultures

Elizabeth Mcdonough
Adamson, Heather (2008). Families in Many Cultures. Mankato, MN: Capstone Press.

Subgroup:
Raised by a Grandparent
Genre:
Non-Fiction
Topics:
Different families from around the world, highlights a family raised by grandparents
Synopsis:
This nonfiction book shows different families from around the world. The book shows a family that is being raised by grandparents (this is in North America). The book has maps and it highlights which continent the page is discussing. All of the countries they display ar
Madonna
Apr 16, 2011 Madonna rated it liked it
Shelves: family-unit
This is a good book to read to the students during a family unit. The book is realistic and shows real-life pictures of diverse families. I like the way the book includes different families from different countries. This can show students diversity and let them value different cultures. I like how the book shows the different cultures in a "western" way because it symbolizes that we are all similar in some kind of way. It can show that regardless of one's culture, there is always something that ...more
Mariela
Mar 24, 2012 Mariela rated it really liked it
Shelves: text-set
A nonfiction book about families from different cultures and countries. It asks children to relate their family with other families around the world, “How is your family like other families?” It also emphasizes the fact that all families are different, whether in shape, or size, and asks the question: “What does your family look like?”
Apr 12, 2011 Sarah rated it liked it
Not as good as I wanted it to be, the families profiled here are very Western, even when they don't live in Western countries. A Chinese family blowing out birthday candles, a family in Israel representing Asia.
Brianna Sobba
Sep 21, 2015 Brianna Sobba rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
This book takes about different things that different cultures have in common. It does a very good job of including cultures from around the world. I like that there is a globe that shows where each country is. It does a wonderful job of portraying the cultures in the illustrations.
Karelle Royal
Non-fiction.
S/S: Great book to teach about different cultures/families around the world.
Great pictures & maps.
good picture book with limited text for beginning readers.
Lots of repetition.
Claudia Popovic
Culture makes us who we are . This pictures shows us homes, clothes, schools and family life from all around the world.
Stella
Stella rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2012
Tricia
Tricia rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2015
Mrs. Crummie
Mrs. Crummie rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2014
Donna
Donna rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2009
Seyi Taiwo
Seyi Taiwo rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2017
Kristen-Marie Freeman
Kristen-Marie Freeman rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2014
Stephanie Pinckney
Stephanie Pinckney marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2012
Allison Doran
Allison Doran marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2013
Melanie Diaz
Melanie Diaz marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Brian Li
Brian Li marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Judy Park
Judy Park is currently reading it
Jan 17, 2016
Patty Junco
Patty Junco marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
I live in South Dakota with my husband and my two boys. I also have a dog named Quincy.

I usually do my writing on my laptop at the dining room table. Or I use the computer in my office.

I love writing nonfiction books because I learn all sorts of interesting things about our world.

I hope you read some of my books and learn, too. Maybe you will even get an idea for something you'd like to write!
More about Heather Adamson...