Start by marking “Moonrise Kingdom” as Want to Read:
Moonrise Kingdom

Moonrise Kingdom

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Moonrise Kingdom is set in 1965 on an island off the coast of New England. It's the end of the summer and the seasonal hurricanes loom on the horizon. Set against this background is a romance between two twelve-year-olds: Lucy Bishop, (who lives on the island with her parents [Bill Murray and Frances McDormand] and three younger brothers) and Sam (an orphan who is camping ...more
ebook
Published May 2012 by Faber and Faber

To ask other readers questions about Moonrise Kingdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moonrise Kingdom

Eli
Seems like I'm giving 5 stars to every book I read these days. But what can I do? This script was amazing. If you imagined every scene, you could see how beautiful it was, how magical and at the same time realistic things were happening between the people. The only problem was that, surprisingly, there were lots of unknown words to me, I had to check the dictionary every second.
And there's something nice about the name. Though I read somewhere that some critic thought that it wasn't proper for
Adam
Moonrise Kingdom is my favourite movie of the year (2012 has indeed been a disappointing year for cinema, especially for foreign-language and arthouse releases, though it has given us some killer mainstream releases in the likes of Django Unchained and Skyfall, but that's no knock against Moonrise Kingdom), and may be my second favourite film directed by Wes Anderson, after Rushmore, but the screenplay is likely the third best for a Wes Anderson-directed movie, since The Royal Tenenbaums reads s ...more
Kristin
This book was actually a short screenplay on which the movie was based. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I definitely want to see it now because I really loved the screenplay! It was so charming and funny! I would recommend it to anyone beacause it is a light and fast yet enjoyable read.
Mic
see the movie: it'll make you a better person
Rosemary
After seeing the film, which I loved, it was fun to read the screenplay. I haven't read many screenplays, so it was interesting to see how the characters are developed and the landscapes described, then to remember how it was all brought to life in this charming, quirky and moving film.
Uri Baruchin
First time I'm reading a Wes Anderson script. It's interesting to see how his typical composition of alternating tableaux vivant moments with measured kinetic explosions persists on a language level.
Also I have a particular soft spot for this one. It's delightful.
Hecatombe
First time reading a screenplay, it was fantastic. I loved Wes Anderson's creativity, the story is very original. The end is not what you really expect, which is good but leaves you with a strange, indescribable feeling.
Sloan ibanez
I LOVED the movie soooo much!!!!! I really really can't wait to read the book. I love Wes Anderson and the whole idea of the movie. I want to know more about Suzy and Sam. This is a Must read for me!!!!!
Megan
Oct 29, 2012 Megan marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I just recently saw a commercial for the movie, and just had to check out the book! It looks great and I can't wait to read it!
Kiera
Loved reading this as an ebook. Reading it after seeing the film really brought Anderson's craftsmanship home.
David
It was interesting seeing how little of Wes Anderson's visual style is portrayed in the script.
Catie
Catie marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Freema Telotoy
Freema Telotoy marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
David Leo
David Leo marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Isabella
Isabella marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Willa
Willa marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
☆ vaℓentina ☆
☆ vaℓentina ☆ marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Raquel Vella
Raquel Vella marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Kellie
Kellie marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Abbie Simons
Abbie Simons marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Dotti Loaiza
Dotti Loaiza marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Diana Rodriguez
Diana Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
  • Little Miss Sunshine: The Shooting Script
  • Inglourious Basterds
  • In Bruges: A Screenplay
  • O Brother, Where Art Thou?
  • The Short and Incredibly Happy Life of Riley
  • For the Man Who Has Everything
  • Demeter
  • Not a Fan Follower's Journal
  • Siren (Siren, #1)
  • The Psy-Changeling Series Books 6-10 (Psy-Changeling, #6-10)
  • Carrie Diaries TV Tie-in Sampler
Wesley Wales Anderson is an American director, writer, and producer of features, short films and commercials. He was nominated for a 2001 Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for The Royal Tenenbaums.
More about Wes Anderson...
The Royal Tenenbaums The Grand Budapest Hotel: The Illustrated Screenplay Rushmore Fantastic Mr. Fox: The Making of the Motion Picture The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou

“What happened to your hand?
It got hit by a mirror.
How'd that happen?
I lost my temper at myself.”
17 likes