Start by marking “Moonrise Kingdom” as Want to Read:
Moonrise Kingdom

Moonrise Kingdom

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  139 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Moonrise Kingdom is set in 1965 on an island off the coast of New England. It's the end of the summer and the seasonal hurricanes loom on the horizon. Set against this background is a romance between two twelve-year-olds: Lucy Bishop, (who lives on the island with her parents [Bill Murray and Frances McDormand] and three younger brothers) and Sam (an orphan who is camping ...more
Published May 2012 by Faber and Faber

To ask other readers questions about Moonrise Kingdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moonrise Kingdom

Seems like I'm giving 5 stars to every book I read these days. But what can I do? This script was amazing. If you imagined every scene, you could see how beautiful it was, how magical and at the same time realistic things were happening between the people. The only problem was that, surprisingly, there were lots of unknown words to me, I had to check the dictionary every second.
And there's something nice about the name. Though I read somewhere that some critic thought that it wasn't proper for
Moonrise Kingdom is my favourite movie of the year (2012 has indeed been a disappointing year for cinema, especially for foreign-language and arthouse releases, though it has given us some killer mainstream releases in the likes of Django Unchained and Skyfall, but that's no knock against Moonrise Kingdom), and may be my second favourite film directed by Wes Anderson, after Rushmore, but the screenplay is likely the third best for a Wes Anderson-directed movie, since The Royal Tenenbaums reads s ...more
This book was actually a short screenplay on which the movie was based. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I definitely want to see it now because I really loved the screenplay! It was so charming and funny! I would recommend it to anyone beacause it is a light and fast yet enjoyable read.
see the movie: it'll make you a better person
After seeing the film, which I loved, it was fun to read the screenplay. I haven't read many screenplays, so it was interesting to see how the characters are developed and the landscapes described, then to remember how it was all brought to life in this charming, quirky and moving film.
Uri Baruchin
First time I'm reading a Wes Anderson script. It's interesting to see how his typical composition of alternating tableaux vivant moments with measured kinetic explosions persists on a language level.
Also I have a particular soft spot for this one. It's delightful.
First time reading a screenplay, it was fantastic. I loved Wes Anderson's creativity, the story is very original. The end is not what you really expect, which is good but leaves you with a strange, indescribable feeling.
Sloan ibanez
I LOVED the movie soooo much!!!!! I really really can't wait to read the book. I love Wes Anderson and the whole idea of the movie. I want to know more about Suzy and Sam. This is a Must read for me!!!!!
Oct 29, 2012 Megan marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I just recently saw a commercial for the movie, and just had to check out the book! It looks great and I can't wait to read it!
Loved reading this as an ebook. Reading it after seeing the film really brought Anderson's craftsmanship home.
It was interesting seeing how little of Wes Anderson's visual style is portrayed in the script.
Daphne marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Julia Benedict
Julia Benedict marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Liam marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Emily marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Sophie Marie
Sophie Marie marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Day marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Lotta marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
coldpeaches marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Emilyyuraihh marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Nicole marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Meredith Ross
Meredith Ross marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Denise marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
GuitarGirl marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2015
Olga marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Imani marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
  • Little Miss Sunshine: The Shooting Script
  • Inglourious Basterds
  • O Brother, Where Art Thou?
  • In Bruges: A Screenplay
  • The Book of Everything
  • On the Blue Comet
  • For the Man Who Has Everything
  • Torture the Artist
  • The Deuce (Midtown Blue #1)
  • The Prestige - Screenplay
  • Filthy Rich
  • Grimm: The Essential Guide
  • Natural Theology
Wesley Wales Anderson is an American director, writer, and producer of features, short films and commercials. He was nominated for a 2001 Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for The Royal Tenenbaums.
More about Wes Anderson...

“What happened to your hand?
It got hit by a mirror.
How'd that happen?
I lost my temper at myself.”
“Who’s to say? But he didn’t deserve to die.” 3 likes