Start by marking “His Broken Angel (The Glorious Victorious Darcys, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
His Broken Angel (The Glorious Victorious Darcys, #1.5)

His Broken Angel (The Glorious Victorious Darcys #1.5)

From the author of Her Sky Cowboy comes a sexy new novella about rebellion, redemption, and the healing powers of love and tolerance amid budding global chaos.

Doc Blue has never had it easy. Born a Freak, the offspring of a Vic—a native Victorian—and a Mod—a time traveler from the future—he’s lived on the fringes of society, hiding his true identity and preternatural heali
Published May 7th 2013 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about His Broken Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Broken Angel

Jes Jones
Oct 12, 2014 Jes Jones rated it liked it
A short and easy read that holds true to the action, adventure and romance of the rest of the series.

Amazingly, this short story reminded me of the movie 'Valentine's Day'. A slue of characters that seem separate at first but end up having certain relationships in common, or portions of their lives that overlap. Ciotta brings in Doc Blue's brother, a distant(unheard of) cousin of Amelia Darcy and Tucker Gentry's sister.

I found two things a bit hard to understand. The first being that Doc Blue
Melindeeloo
May 29, 2013 Melindeeloo rated it liked it
Shelves: steampunk
His Broken Angel is a short connected to Ciotta's Glorius Victorius Darcys steampunk series, and falls after the first book Her Sky Cowboy: The Glorious Victorious Darcys which I started but didn't finish - I liked the idea of the series but didn't get immediately hooked.

Well I have to admit I had the same problem with this short, while I liked the idea of the hero Doc Blue, I had to force myself to keep picking this story back up after setting it back down several times until about 2/3rds throu
PointyEars42
Chapter Nine: "Now she knew her destiny lied with one of Tuck’s crew."

'lied'

Is there an editor at Signet Eclipse who owes the author a refund for services not rendered or do I have to stop reading American penned books altogether? I know this is a series about time-travel & the consequences thereof, but the abuse of the past tense in both Her Sky Cowboy and His Broken Angel turns these steampunk romances into pure horror for me.
Molly Smith
Jan 15, 2014 Molly Smith rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. Loved to see Blue find love, he was a character I really liked and was so torn by. However, I really want to see what happens when Tucker finds out. How will that go? I hope not to awfully - I would love to see Blue back on the Maverick. I would not recommend this to someone who hasn't read the series - well, you could but you would not have the connection to the characters nor the backstory.
Jess
Oct 14, 2013 Jess rated it it was ok
Shelves: steampunk, z_13
Oh. Well. Yeah. Skimmed.

It's hard to get on board for instalove. It's short, so I'll grant some leeway, but you've got to do more than tell me she's pretty and he's brave. We were cheated in that Tucker and Amelia didn't show up. If you're going to make me buy a side-shoot story, I'd better get some series plot.

(view spoiler)
Monica Pulliam
Jul 26, 2014 Monica Pulliam rated it really liked it
From the pan into the fire

From the pan into the fire

I think Doc is jumping pretty fast into the fire. But, Lily did too when she boarded that zepplin. They are perfectly matched and I see them accomplishing their goal to bed together. It s riveting and k e pto me reading to the end. I wanted more.
Sherry
Apr 01, 2013 Sherry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this story was wonderfully sweet and interestingly furthered the story line introduced in the first book. I can't wait for the next book and thankfully, I only have to wait 2 days for my preordered book to be released!
Tanya
May 17, 2013 Tanya rated it really liked it
Shelves: steampunk, 2013
I really liked Doc Blue and Lily together, but it left so many questions unanswered. Just wondering how many will be cleared up soon since the next book focuses on Simon and Wilhemina. So many of the questions involve Tucker and his crew.
Stephanie
Jun 05, 2013 Stephanie rated it really liked it
This was a short, fun read while waiting for the next book in the series. As a novella, things went quickly, but it gave additional insight into some characters introduced in the first book. I hope to see the relationships developed more in the next book.
Cristina
Jul 06, 2013 Cristina rated it liked it
3.5, pretty good but too short and had a oddly fast ending.
Melissa
Apr 14, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: steampunk
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2013
Raven
Raven rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2013
Janice
Janice rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2015
Hawk's Angel
Hawk's Angel rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2016
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2015
J
J rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2013
Sarah O'callaghan
Sarah O'callaghan rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Artemis
Artemis rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2014
Teri Sue
Teri Sue rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was ok
Apr 14, 2016
Liz
Liz rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2015
Tricia
Tricia rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2013
Margaret Hren
Margaret Hren rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2013
Kat Jones
Kat Jones rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2013
Jessie Peterman
Jessie Peterman rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
May 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Touch of Steel (Clockwork Agents, #2)
  • Skies of Fire (The Ether Chronicles, #1)
  • Albion of the Wind - 風のアルビオン (Zero No Tsukaima, #2)
  • The Curious Case Of The Clockwork Menace (London Steampunk, #3.5)
  • Tethered (Iron Seas, #2.5)
  • The Damsel and the Daggerman (Blud, #2.5)
  • My Lord Mayhem (Disenchanted & Co., #0.5)
  • Gilded (The St. Croix Chronicles, #2)
  • Bloody Claws (Kassandra Lyall, Preternatural Investigator, #3)
  • Dying to Live (Elite Operatives, #4)
  • Branded Ann
  • Night of Fire (The Ether Chronicles, #2)
  • Hidden Truths (The Oregon Series, #2)
  • A Pack of Lies
Storytelling comes naturally to award-winning author Beth Ciotta. Limiting herself to one sub-genre does not. Dubbed “fun and sexy” by Publisher’s Weekly, Beth specializes in writing Romantic Comedy with a Twist of Suspense and is published in contemporary, historical, and paranormal romantic fiction. “I can’t think of anything more fulfilling than writing stories where everyone (except the villai ...more
More about Beth Ciotta...

The Glorious Victorious Darcys (2 books)
  • Her Sky Cowboy (The Glorious Victorious Darcys, #1)
  • His Clockwork Canary (The Glorious Victorious Darcys, #2)