His Broken Angel (The Glorious Victorious Darcys, #1.5)

His Broken Angel (The Glorious Victorious Darcys #1.5)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  10 reviews
From the author of Her Sky Cowboy comes a sexy new novella about rebellion, redemption, and the healing powers of love and tolerance amid budding global chaos.

Doc Blue has never had it easy. Born a Freak, the offspring of a Vic—a native Victorian—and a Mod—a time traveler from the future—he’s lived on the fringes of society, hiding his true identity and preternatural heali...more
Published May 7th 2013 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about His Broken Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Broken Angel

Twice Tempted by Jeaniene FrostFrost Burned by Patricia BriggsEver After by Kim HarrisonHeart of Obsidian by Nalini SinghHouse Rules by Chloe Neill
2013 Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy (January - June)
179th out of 290 books — 1,114 voters
Soulless by Gail CarrigerThe Iron Duke by Meljean BrookClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareChangeless by Gail CarrigerBlameless by Gail Carriger
Steampunk/Romance
140th out of 224 books — 684 voters

More lists with this book...

Melindeeloo
His Broken Angel is a short connected to Ciotta's Glorius Victorius Darcys steampunk series, and falls after the first book Her Sky Cowboy: The Glorious Victorious Darcys which I started but didn't finish - I liked the idea of the series but didn't get immediately hooked.

Well I have to admit I had the same problem with this short, while I liked the idea of the hero Doc Blue, I had to force myself to keep picking this story back up after setting it back down several times until about 2/3rds throu...more
Monica Pulliam
From the pan into the fire

From the pan into the fire

I think Doc is jumping pretty fast into the fire. But, Lily did too when she boarded that zepplin. They are perfectly matched and I see them accomplishing their goal to bed together. It s riveting and k e pto me reading to the end. I wanted more.
Molly Smith
I really enjoyed this one. Loved to see Blue find love, he was a character I really liked and was so torn by. However, I really want to see what happens when Tucker finds out. How will that go? I hope not to awfully - I would love to see Blue back on the Maverick. I would not recommend this to someone who hasn't read the series - well, you could but you would not have the connection to the characters nor the backstory.
PointyEars42
Chapter Nine: "Now she knew her destiny lied with one of Tuck’s crew."

'lied'

Is there an editor at Signet Eclipse who owes the author a refund for services not rendered or do I have to stop reading American penned books altogether? I know this is a series about time-travel & the consequences thereof, but the abuse of the past tense in both Her Sky Cowboy and His Broken Angel turns these steampunk romances into pure horror for me.
Jess
Oh. Well. Yeah. Skimmed.

It's hard to get on board for instalove. It's short, so I'll grant some leeway, but you've got to do more than tell me she's pretty and he's brave. We were cheated in that Tucker and Amelia didn't show up. If you're going to make me buy a side-shoot story, I'd better get some series plot.

(view spoiler)
Stephanie
This was a short, fun read while waiting for the next book in the series. As a novella, things went quickly, but it gave additional insight into some characters introduced in the first book. I hope to see the relationships developed more in the next book.
Tanya
I really liked Doc Blue and Lily together, but it left so many questions unanswered. Just wondering how many will be cleared up soon since the next book focuses on Simon and Wilhemina. So many of the questions involve Tucker and his crew.
Sherry
I thought this story was wonderfully sweet and interestingly furthered the story line introduced in the first book. I can't wait for the next book and thankfully, I only have to wait 2 days for my preordered book to be released!
Cristina
3.5, pretty good but too short and had a oddly fast ending.
Melissa
Regina Kammer
Regina Kammer marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Verin
Verin marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Chris Huntley
Chris Huntley marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Elle
Elle marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Michele Bolay
Michele Bolay marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Pat Agheana
Pat Agheana marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Charity Garner
Charity Garner marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Hanna
Hanna marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Racheal
Racheal marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Sarah added it
May 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Storytelling comes naturally to award-winning author Beth Ciotta. Limiting herself to one sub-genre does not. Dubbed “fun and sexy” by Publisher’s Weekly, Beth specializes in writing Romantic Comedy with a Twist of Suspense and is published in contemporary, historical, and paranormal romantic fiction. “I can’t think of anything more fulfilling than writing stories where everyone (except the villai...more
More about Beth Ciotta...
Fool for Love (Cupcake Lovers, #1) Her Sky Cowboy (The Glorious Victorious Darcys, #1) Out of Eden (The McGraws, #1) The Trouble with Love (Cupcake Lovers, #2) Anything But Love (Cupcake Lovers, #3)