Start by marking “Unexpected Top (Ball & Chain, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unexpected Top (Ball & Chain, #2)

Unexpected Top (Ball & Chain #2)

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Sometimes a wife has to go to extreme measures to save her marriage. When Cissy Holden doesn't feel appreciated, she takes matters into her own hands--literally--and introduces her wayward husband Len to the concept of a Female-Led Relationship (FLR). Will Len be on board with FLR, or has Cissy just made the biggest mistake of her life?
Published January 18th 2013 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Unexpected Top, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unexpected Top

Ni_kii
I have no idea how to express exactly what I felt about this novella. There is one overwhelming feeling that I need to get out the way because it’s absolutely ridiculous and has no bearing on the rating; I wish it were longer. The subject matter was so different that I would have loved to see it extended, to see the long-term workings of this relationship because it really was just the starting point of this service top relationship we got to see.

This is isn’t BDSM in the way that I have ever re
Tara Chevrestt
Now, THIS is what I call the ultimate female fantasy. Finally a BDSM book featuring a male and female relationship I can dig. Nice change.

Cissy and Len are married and they are at the point their marriage has...gone stale. I think we all know what's that like. They love each other, but something's missing.

Len doesn't help around the house, is rude, doesn't strive to please his wife in bed. He's gotten lazy. Cizzy decides to take him in hand. She makes a set of chores for him to do and once he do
Fedora
Four and a half stars.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I picked this up, and I find that I quite enjoyed this novella by Cassandra Carr.

Cissy and Len have been married for years and are childless by choice. But while Cissy knows she still loves Len, she's increasingly unhappy about their relationship and feels disrespected and UNloved. Not only that, she's a little frustrated about their sex life and how one-sided the satisfaction seems to be, and gets to the point where she knows they need a c
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
3.5 stars rounded to 4 on account of the unique subject matter.

This one had me so curious I just had to put everything else aside to plow through. Cissy and Len's relationship is about to hit the skids (and in some cases it has already) and so she tries a very drastic measure - which is the FLR type relationship. I really enjoyed how she eased him into it. I def. think if she would have come out and said it he would have been all over that as a no go. I thought it was very intriguing that I coul
Colleen B
While I didn't love this book as much as some of Cassandra Carr's other novels, I did still enjoy reading Power Shift. I felt like it was more "real life" than a lot of the other romance stories out there. It wasn't the story of some hot steamy spontaneous relationship. It was the story of a married couple having a plateau, of sorts, in their relationship. I could relate... because it was real life.

Len and Cissy love each other... but life is just happening. They both work. They both come home.
Michelle Eriksen
Cassandra Carr has outdone herself with this unique take on a Service Top relationship that comes after a 12 year marriage starts to go stale. This is a new subject matter for me in this field and I would have loved for it to have been longer and more developed, but since we are rating what was actually there I will say that it is Interesting, Sexy, Hot and a really fun read.

Cissy and Len's relationship is not what she wants anymore, Cissy feels like she is being taken for granted and being lef
Shannan Williams
Cissy isn’t too happy in her marriage to Len right now. They are lacking love and some other things; among them being that Cissy isn’t being taken care of in the bedroom. So Cissy goes online to see what to do to spice this marriage up and get back to what they once had.

This was a good read and I think that it captured my attention because it relates to real life. I believe a lot of people have this issue. The author wrote in a way the kept my attention the whole way through.

I give this book 5*
N. Kuhn
*I received this book free in exchange for an honest review*
This was an interesting take on BDSM, D/s relationships. I've read a lot of these books. This was my first with the Woman taking over. It was a great story about making a marriage work and finding something new to turn things around. I really loved this It was nice to see a couple that truly had to work at a marriage, instead of it always seeming so easy. For any woman who is married and feels unappreciated, you're going to love this bo
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
Such a great short little read. I love the progression and how Cissy and Len found a steamy way to reconnect as a couple and save their marriage, how Len found the courage to speak up for what he wanted and Cissy found the strength to go after what she needed from him. It was sweet when Len realised how much Cissy had been doing for him and all she had on her plate, how he started to help her out more and give her the respect she deserved. It was great when Len made a suggestion about trying som ...more
Phuong
Cissy and Len Holden have been married a long time and they have lost that sexual spark in the bedroom. Cissy feels like she's been taken for granted for too long and is desperate to change things because she doesn't want to lose Len, whom she's loved forever. She takes matters into her own hands by researching about Female-Led-Relationship and hopes by introducing Lento this, she can open his eyes to what's been missing and save their marriage. I admit I'm not a fan of FemDom stories but had to ...more
Jacque
Cissy is unhappy in her marriage. She loves her husband Len deeply but feels that she is unappreciated. Len never helps around the house and their sex life is two thumbs down. So she decides it's time for a change. Cissy introduces Len to the world of a Female-Led Relationship. Can he give into his desires and let Cissy control him or will it be too much?

I've read plenty of BDSM books but never one where it was a FLR relationship. This book was great! Author Cassandra Carr has done a fabulous jo
Buffy Kennedy
A lot of times, romance books are about a new couple or a reunited couple, so it’s refreshing to read stories about a married couple. Cissy and Len have lost their chemistry and Cissy’s desperate to get back, along with some respect from her husband. In her research, she learns of a Female-Led-Relationship (FLR). She decides to take a chance and try some things. The rest of the story is about the results and their journey together.

One of the things that really stands out for me in this book is t
Evita
What does a woman have to do to get the attention of her husband…and the respect and love she deserves in their relationship? Well, Cissy is a woman on a mission, she browses the web and finds a site with a lot of information about Female-Led-Relationships or FLR. She loves her husband, Len and decides this is her next step in ramping up their love life. She is apprehensive as to how he will take it, will he let her be on top, so to speak. Len also comes to realize how much he was taking his wif ...more
Marcie Wegner
I was surprised at how much I liked this book. I didn't know anything about it when I started reading it and at the start, the topic made me a bit uncomfortable. But the more I read, the more I liked the book. It was well written and the characters and situation was quite realistic. Don't let the topic put you off from a well written and enjoyable book.
Jenn
Unexpected Top by Cassandra Carr is a very interesting read, very different from typical romance books I've been reading lately. Instead of book about a new relationship, Unexpected Top is about a pre-existing relationship and how the couple deals with a lull in their relationship. This is the first time I've read a romance about an already married couple and I absolutely loved it.

Maybe I loved this story so much because it reminded me of aspects of my marriage (minus the dom aspect ;-)). It is
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
Unexpected Top is book two in the Ball and Chain, BDSM erotica series by Cassandra Carr. I've read this before and am rereading it for a challenge involving far too many 'U' titles. So, this story is about a husband and wife, Len and Cissy, and the sexual decline in their relationship. (view spoiler) ...more
Sami
Enjoyed this little novella. It was fresh and thought provoking.
Natālija
Overall, this was an enjoyable and hot femdom story. I gave it 3 stars only because the author didn't convince me that this is the kind of relationship that really suits their needs. It seems to be working for Len, but not for Cissy. Instead of being portrayed as someone who can actually take charge, she comes across as an insecure and weary wife looking for a way to divide up the household chores.
Lacey Wolfe
I really enjoyed this story. I think this might be my favorite book yet by Cassandra Carr. It still held her well crafted and spunky writing, but the overall aspect of the book really appealed to me. As well a lot of women can probably relate to Cissy.

Pick this one up. You won't be disappointed.
Christina
Ugh she was an unmitigated, ball busting, man-hating, bitch. Or at least thats the vibe I felt from her. I didnt enjoy this power swap story in the least. Serves me right for trying to read one I suppose.
Sam Carter
Sam Carter marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Arie Smith
Arie Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Kristie Wright
Kristie Wright marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Brat-tastic Jayk Parker
  • The Devil of Whiskey Row
  • Body Politics (Rod and Cane Society, #3)
  • Surrender
  • Domino Effect (Domino, #1)
  • Still (Long Slow Tease, #1)
  • Being Amber (New Atlanta, #1)
  • The Naughty Boy (Boy, #1.5)
  • Listed: Volume V (Listed, #5)
  • Taught to Kneel
  • Roark
  • Talking Trouble
  • Shadow of Doubt (SBG, #2)
  • Heat Rising (KinKaid Wolf Pack, #3)
  • Making Her His (A Singular Obsession, #1)
  • The Three Rs
  • Monsieur
  • The Ice Around My Heart (How Not to Be Seduced by Dukes)
Cassandra Carr is a multi-award winning romance writer. When not writing she enjoys watching hockey and hanging out online. Cassandra's books have won numerous "Best Book Of" awards and her novella Unexpected Top was nominated in the E-book Erotic Romance category of RT's Reviewers' Choice Awards.

She thinks the best part of being a writer is penning stories about love and sex while most others str
More about Cassandra Carr...

Ball & Chain (6 books)
  • Mr. Sir (Ball & Chain #1)
  • Rekindle the Flame (Ball & Chain)
  • Kink It Up
  • Collar Me in Paris
  • Sand, Sin and Tequila
Impact (Buckin' Bull Riders, #1) Talk to Me See the Light (Safe Harbor #1) Should've Known Better (Storm, #1) Hiding in Plain Sight (Safe Harbor #2)