Start by marking “Undefeated: Overcoming Prejudice with Grace and Courage” as Want to Read:
Undefeated: Overcoming Prejudice with Grace and Courage

Undefeated: Overcoming Prejudice with Grace and Courage

"Undefeated" is a collection of stories about individuals who have triumphed in the face of prejudice. Dismissed because of their religion, demeaned because of their gender, or persecuted for their race, these are individuals from a variety of backgrounds. A Christian in one nation's majority may be persecuted in another land. The same applies to a Jew or a Pagan. What of ...more
Published November 2012 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Undefeated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undefeated

Tracy Adkins
Dec 10, 2012 Tracy Adkins rated it it was amazing
This book made me smile!

I was having a bad day so I thought I'd read some of this book, which I'd picked up last month. The stories made me sad, angry, happy and cry, all at the same time. Reading about how these people were able to go for their dreams in spite of some terrible things happening to them, has made me stronger and more determined to reach my dreams. It's made me realize that I can. After reading this book I have hope for myself again. Thank you, Mr. Emrys!
Kendra
Positive, heartwarming short stories across a wide range of life discussing people overcoming prejudice, pain, and ignorance and coming out the stronger for it. Well-written, light read that makes one "Hurrah!" for what was fought and overcome.
Samaire Provost
Jul 12, 2013 Samaire Provost rated it it was amazing
I loved these stories of triumph over adversity. They are short enough that you can read them here and there, whenever you have 10 minutes to spare. All put together, they make a great feel-good book I love. I keep picking it up again and again to re-read some of my favorite vignettes.
Similar to a "Chicken Soup" book, only better!!!
Highly recommend!
Darlene Ferland
Feb 07, 2013 Darlene Ferland rated it really liked it
I deeply intense read . . . disturbing yet giving hope for unity without prejudice . . . It is the type of book that can be put down because sometimes you do have to step back and take a deep breath. It is really for anyone. . .
N.E. White
Aug 14, 2013 N.E. White rated it really liked it
Inspiring, interesting, short summaries of people who have overcome adversity. The author people from a variety of backgrounds, though it felt to me there were quite a few sport stories. Regardless, each person overcame incredible odds in order to succeed.

Overall, I enjoyed the summaries, but would have liked a more intimate portrait of some. I would recommend this book to anyone seeking casual, but personal, inspirational stories.
Mindie Hollars-lee
Mindie Hollars-lee rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2013
Chase King
Chase King rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2013
Stifyn Emrys
Feb 02, 2013 Stifyn Emrys rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2013
Psyche Lamplighter
Psyche Lamplighter marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2012
Rebecca Rueda
Rebecca Rueda marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2012
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2012
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Kimdieu Tran
Kimdieu Tran marked it as to-read
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Redcheeks64 ALFORD
Redcheeks64 ALFORD marked it as to-read
Philipp
Philipp marked it as to-read
Rochelle Roth
Rochelle Roth marked it as to-read
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Max
Max marked it as to-read
Elizabeth Case
Elizabeth Case marked it as to-read
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Shelley Lee
Shelley Lee marked it as to-read
Sara-jean Semmler
Sara-jean Semmler marked it as to-read
Mandy Face
Mandy Face marked it as to-read
William Sanders
William Sanders marked it as to-read
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2013
Scott Haraburda
Scott Haraburda marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2013
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2013
Jeremy Mcdermott
Jeremy Mcdermott marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2013
Corey Olomon
Corey Olomon marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2013
Tony
Tony marked it as to-read
Pam Riggsby
Pam Riggsby marked it as to-read
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Kyrja Kyrja
Kyrja Kyrja marked it as to-read
Jaymi Moore
Jaymi Moore marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2013
Stifyn Emrys has written on subjects as diverse as history, religion, politics and language. He has served as an editor for fiction and non-fiction projects, and his first book, "The Gospel of the Phoenix," a new perspective on the life of Jesus, was published in July 2012. A first anniversary Special Edition has been published, including 60 pages of author commentary, classic illustrations and ...more
More about Stifyn Emrys...