Start by marking “Take What You Want” as Want to Read:
Take What You Want

Take What You Want

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  825 Ratings  ·  114 Reviews
She needs an escape…and he’s exactly what she had in mind.

College senior Ellen Price spends every spare minute studying to get into medical school. Until spring break yawns before her, as empty as her wallet.

With no money to hit the beach, she fills her empty to-do list with a plan: for just one week, she will become the kind of take-no-prisoners woman she secretly wishes
Published March 12th 2013 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Take What You Want, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take What You Want

Wait for You by J. LynnEasy by Tammara WebberThe Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica SorensenMore Than This by Jay McLeanThe Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
Can't Put Them Down
112th out of 309 books — 251 voters
Tangled by Emma ChaseCrashing Back Down by Kristen Hope MazzolaEasy by Tammara WebberGame On by Tracy SolheimForever Too Far by Abbi Glines
Books 2013 II
68th out of 146 books — 151 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristen
4 Shining Stars

Wow! I fell head-over-heels in love with this fairly unique short story!

It was the perfect smorgasbord of new adult, adult contemporary, coming of age, and steamy erotica. I really enjoyed this one!
Bri
Mar 16, 2013 Bri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of new adult, erotic romance, and comtemporary romance

This book had basically everything I look for in a good, hot read. A likeable heroine, a hot hero (who rides a Harley and wears black rimmed glasses and dirty talks just enough to be hot...HUZZAH), a contemporary setting, and a plot. I like sex as much as the next girl, but I need something holding everything together in between those romps. I loved reading the growth both Ellen and Josh took, and I liked that it didn't just revolve around their relationship, but outside factors, as wel
Jaime Arkin
I'm so damn glad I picked this up.

You guys know me by now... I'm picky about my romance and becoming pickier and picker about my new adult stuff. This story will renew your faith in the 'new adult' genre (assuming your like me and had lost your faith).

In Take What You Want, we meet Ellen Price. She's spent the last years studying hard to get into med school and working to pay her way. When her friends take off for the beach over Spring Break and all Ellen has to look forward to is an empty apa
GraceMyBookSnack
She is the shy and smart one who just wants one memorable spring break before heading to medical school. For once in her life Ellen Price was going to take what she wants...starting with the very hot guy at the bar. Josh Markley wondered what game the girl he'd been admiring from his pre-med classes was playing at when she didn't recognize him at the bar. She wants a one night stand with him, and he surely isn't about to pass that up. One intense night leads to one week of passion, each telling ...more
Talltree
Jun 19, 2015 Talltree rated it really liked it
Shelves: genre-ya-na
Hot and sweet read about a h who's coming out of her chrysalis and claiming herself and a wonderful guy who's had a crush on her for a while! I loved that both MCs had their very own character arc too! 4 stars.
Marlene
Mar 24, 2013 Marlene rated it it was amazing
Originally published at Reading Reality

Can you change who you are? Can you pretend to be someone else?

Take What You Want by Jeanette Grey is sex-into-love story about the power of positive thinking, or maybe that's the power of turning lemons into very wicked lemonade.

Ellen Price has always been a good girl. Not in the sense of being a goody-two-shoes, but in the sense of being responsible. She's a pre-med student and she's barely making ends meet between financial aid and waiting tables.

She's e
caren
Jul 20, 2013 caren rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Have you ever wanted to forget your life for one day and just…be somebody else? Come on, who hasn’t? That’s exactly what Ellen Price sets out to do. Her friends are off on an extravagant vacation she can’t afford, and instead of wallowing in self-pity, she’s decided to be somebody else. To take what she wants. In the form of that hot guy sitting at the bar…

What begins as one steamy night quickly turns into a week full of panty-melting romance and seduction with her new stranger, Josh.

B
Andrea
Mar 03, 2013 Andrea rated it it was amazing
The story of two college students who decide to use Spring Break, a week and a day, to step out of their quiet lives, Take What You Want is a story that turned up the heat and stole my heart.

Guys, I don't even know where to begin with this book! The story totally took me by surprise, getting off to a wicked hot start. I usually prefer to know the characters a little bit before I know them, if you catch my drift. But Grey really made this work. Take What You Want begins with Ellen, who can't affo
Brighton Walsh
Mar 14, 2013 Brighton Walsh rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of new adult, erotic romance, and comtemporary romance
Shelves: favorites
4.5 Stars

Jeanette has a wonderful way of weaving complex characters and plot, even within the confines of a novella. It's not easy to give the readers enough back story, current story, conflict and resolution to make for a satisfying read, but she does it and she does it well.

And you know what else she does well? The sex. Not only is it steamy (because, whoa baby, it is), but it's emotional and plot driven--two of my very favorite (and necessary to me) things in Erotic Romance.

Ellen and Josh are
Lynn Spencer
Feb 04, 2015 Lynn Spencer rated it really liked it
This book reminded me quite a bit of the Sweet Dreams YA romances I read growing up - except much steamier. So, what do I mean by that? Well, the YA romances I'm referring to would often have a set-up that was very much a teen/coming of age dilemma, often at least a little bit contrived. For instance, the story might revolve around popularity at school, deciding where or even if to go to college, etc...

And so it is here. We have a coming of age dilemma in the form of a heroine who wants to use
Jess
Mar 15, 2013 Jess rated it it was amazing
As per the usual, Jeanette Grey is a fabulous storyteller. In Take What You Want, she crafted an easy to read, completely compelling story about two people who are well matched and braced to take what they want. Josh is swoony mcswoonerson, and Ellen is adorable and real in a way that I think many women can relate to. Lovely, steamy read that'll keep you turning the page.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Shey‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 Stars

Although for me this was a short read but this new author to me Jeanette Grey’s writing style was brilliant. Ms. Grey was able to tell the story of two college students out for spring break seeking to find themselves and instead they find each other and love.

Ellen Price had always been a shy stay in the background women and when her friends leave for spring break and she isn’t able to go with them she decides to take a break from hers
Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho)
Left behind by her friends on Spring Break, Ellen decides to cut loose and over come some of her shyness. She gets all dressed up and heads to a local bar in hopes for making a connection.

Josh is just enjoying a beer at the bar and avoiding spending time with his parents during Spring Break, when the good looking Ellen seats down next to him and offers to buy him a drink.

Ellen and Josh share an amazing night of sex together. Josh is left confused and Ellen can't believe what she has done.

Both ar
Aman
Jan 30, 2013 Aman rated it really liked it
Reviewed @ Enticed by Books

Going into this book I thought it would be a sweet romantic story, but I was surprised with how hot & steamy it turned out to be. No complaining there. Take What You Want is a very realistic story about two college seniors who stayed in for their spring break, played a game of pretending for a week, and ended up falling in love for real. There wasn't any major drama or conflict in the story besides both the character not revealing their true selfs, which was handle
Kathie (katmom)
Mar 13, 2013 Kathie (katmom) rated it really liked it
This was a quick little read.

Ellen is a hardworking college student. Never has the time or the money to do anything fun. When her friends head off to the beach for spring break she decides to do something totally OUT THERE.

She remakes herself to some extent as she buys a few new (hotter) clothes and heads out to a bar. She is going to have a spring break fling with a stranger, and there will be no commitments...just hot fun.

Josh is shocked when Ellen walks in. She looks different. He does too, t
Kimberly
Mar 12, 2013 Kimberly rated it liked it
Recently I have been enjoying new adult contemporary romances and jumped at the chance to review Take What You Want by Jeanette Grey. She offered a delightful tale about anonymity. A chance to be the brave, confident person you have always dreamed you were and the result that happens. This was a fast paced, smexy read that I consumed on a cold Sunday afternoon and one I would recommend.

The tale begins when we meet Ellen Price a pre-med student in her senior year. All of her friends have gone off
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
A very cute steamy story about two people discovering who they really are and finding the courage to grab hold of it.
Irene
Mar 21, 2013 Irene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Firstly I must say thank my Twitter friends who raved about this book over the last few weeks as I wouldn't have come across this wonderful writer.
How could I have missed Jeanette Grey's work?
The chemistry/attraction between Ellen and Josh is instant and my god do they make the page sizzle!
This author knows how to write a sex/love scene. I'm not one who usually likes a lot of detail but Jeanette's writing is so tastefully done and because it's all plot driven I found myself drawn in an
Jill Sorenson
May 29, 2013 Jill Sorenson rated it it was ok
Lisa
Mar 20, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it
My only complaint is that I didn't want Josh and Ellen's story to end.
Stella
May 07, 2013 Stella rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, for-review, 2013
Take What You Want was my first story by Jeanette Grey but definitely not the last! Her storytelling sucked me in and I gobbled it up in no time, closing my ereader with a happy and contented sigh.

Take What You Want was a wonderful surprise of a story! A flammable sexy story with some sweet and romantic moments that pulled at my heartstrings. My first Jeanette Grey story but definitely not the last! Jeanette Grey's writing is gripping and evocative, the first few lines will suck you in and you
Rebekah Weatherspoon
This story was totally sweet and totally adorable. Determined to turn her spring break and herself around, college senior Ellen Price spruces up her look and sets out for a sexual conquest. LOVE ENSUES!

Ellen was shy and nerdy, but thank god she was the one driving the story and the actions. She didn't wait for Josh to make all the moves or rely on him for her own sense of self-worth. Her growth came from within.

Josh was sweet and sexy and smart. His issues with his parents and his future were ve
Once Upon a Twilight
Apr 18, 2013 Once Upon a Twilight rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
I'm not going to waste time summarizing this book. Anyone can read the Goodreads summary that is provided above. What I am going to do is begin my rant about how much I loved reading this story. The story itself is only about 130+ pages long. Ordinarily this is where I'd tell you how I wish the book had been longer. I am not going to do that here. Why? This book was the perfect length for what the story was about and I want to give kudos to Jeanette Grey for not throwing in a bunch of extra fluf ...more
Shelly
Mar 23, 2013 Shelly rated it liked it
When I started reading this story, I really thought I was not going to be able to finish it because it jumps right in there with the sex. Or should I say that Ellen and Josh jump right in. Normally I don’t find myself reading about college romances even between older adults because there just seems to be a temporary quality to anything that’s associated with the term college romance. This story did keep my attention and I found myself rooting for the couple’s happily ever after; I should have re ...more
Rosario (http://rosario.blogspot.com/)
Ellen Price is in her last year of college. She dreams of going to medical school after that, so she spends all her time and energy on study. And then comes spring break. Her friends are all going off on a holiday she can't afford, so she decides that, since she's staying home, what she'll do is take a holiday from her usual serious, responsible self.

Ellen's plan is simply to dress up in sexy clothes (her serious attitude extends to her clothing) and pick up a stranger in a bar. The thing is, th
Dabney
Nov 18, 2013 Dabney rated it it was amazing

this review was originally published at DearAuthor.com

Dear Ms. Grey:

Wow, do I like this book. Which surprises me because, prior to readingTake What You Want, your New Adult romance, I’d yet to encounter a NA that did much for me. I had thought I was either too old and cranky and/or too surrounded by actual New Adults to enjoy tales of their travails, but now, after readingTake What You Want, I realize I just hadn’t found the right one.

Ellen Price is a pre-med senior who keeps her head d
Kat
May 28, 2014 Kat rated it it was ok
Bueno..

description

El libro estuvo bien, pero la verdad es que no lo vi muy creible, en serio, ¿quien es tan despistada como para no darse cuenta de que tiene un bombon en clase y después lo ve en un bar y ni lo reconoce?

E N S E R I O.

description

Y bueno, fue bien, el libro fue absolutamente todo sobre ellos dos en la cama y blah, blah..

A ver, estuvo bien, ok, pero me aburrió bastante.. Y los personajes no me llegaron, no hubo casi ni drama, y el desarrollo de la historia fue.. le falto algo, idk.

Y bueno lo que sea, 2/
Maria
Apr 01, 2013 Maria rated it liked it

This is a short and really sweet story.

Ellen and Josh are pre-med students.

Spring break.

Ellen can't afford to go with her friends to Bahamas, so she stays at campus. That's how she "meets" Josh.

She pretends she's just a waitress... and he plays along.

I strongly recommend this book. You can easily read it in one sitting.

I loved both Ellen and Josh. Although sometimes Ellen can seem a little dense... (really, Josh takes his glasses off and you don't recognise him? a hot guy, with o
Ying Yuvejwattana
Mar 28, 2013 Ying Yuvejwattana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars of Colleage Romance

I feel warm and happy after reading this book. It's beautiful love story about how you can change yourself and take what you want.
It's always my dream to turn myself from a nerd to a sexy girl. And that's what Ellen, a shy pre-med student, did it. And that's how she met Josh, a handsome hottie with green eyes, in the bar. Their releationship started from sex and charade. But, they eventually fell in love. With the love, they are stronger and be able to discover who t
Fanny
Jul 14, 2014 Fanny rated it liked it

Fue entretenido a pesar de que la historia fue un gran cliche.

3 Estrellas!
Free Books, .99 &...: Giveaway: "Take What You Want" By: Jeanette Grey 1 15 Mar 07, 2013 02:39PM
  • Plus One
  • The Story Guy
  • Making It Last (Camelot, #4)
  • Seven Sexy Sins (Love in Reverse, #1)
  • Mine at Midnight
  • Cruel Venus
  • Do Over
  • Stripped (City Lights #1)
  • Loud is How I Love You (Hub City, #1)
  • Listed: Volume II (Listed, #2)
  • The Fifth Favor
  • Shaken
  • Just One Night (Take a Chance, #1)
  • Chaste (McCullough Mountain, #3)
  • Here Comes The Light