Gotcha!

Gotcha! (Sisterhood #21)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  792 ratings  ·  118 reviews
Sometimes, justice is a long time coming. That's the case with Julie Wyatt, whose story strikes close to home for the original founder of the Sisterhood, Myra Rutledge, and her best friend - and fellow Sister - Annie. Julie is convinced her greedy daughter-in-law Darlene had something to do with the mysterious circumstances surrounding her son Larry's death.
Published June 25th 2013 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2013)

Sharon
This will probably be the last Fern Michaels Sisterhood book I ever read. It is not well written and the storyline is implausible, if not unbelievable. The "victim" gets a contract with Oprah, wins the lottery, and inherits the estate of a gazillionaire? Really? The bad guys are just greedy, mean, self-absorbed, not violent, evil criminals. The punishment was over the top for the crime. Financial ruin is one thing, the physical abuse, and the enjoyment of it, is another. It made the vigilantes n...more
Aspoon
This was the first book I’ve read by this author and I was highly disappointed considering I was going off the reviews of other readers. The book started off great with Julie and Mace getting to know each other and the chemistry building between the two…I was really getting into the book with their storyline…then Mace had to return to New York to finish up his personal affairs, which I saw coming so no big deal there…but then the story just took a turn to the “absurd” side. Out of the clear blue...more
Christine Lussier
The ladies are back...the "older" ladies that is! The guys join in at the end. Obviously don't want to give anything away.

I did miss having "the girls" & Charles more involved, the "plan" was a little hit or miss/over the top feeling, reminded me of book 1.

That said, I was thrilled to have the "Sisterhood" new series happening :)
Christy Miller
This was not one of the better books in the series. It seems it is the same old thing, go in and beat the crap out of people! Really? Two women in their 60's doing this? I know it's fiction, but also she mentions Huntsville being a small town. Has she ever been to Alabama? I've been here 57 years. Huntsville is not a small town. It is a City. Also had to look up Rosemont. Thought it was fictional. Anyway it is between Tuscaloosa and Montgomery! No where near the Gulf! So hurrican? I think not. M...more
Trish
I love the Sisterhood series, but this one was not a favorite. I loved Julie's story but felt this book was less sisterhood and more Myra and Annie out on their own. Something that has always bothered me about Fern Michael's books are the way that all the characters use the same type of speech all the time. People from Virginia and people from Alabama have their own mannerisms and sayings, they don't all use the same jargon and that doesn't show through (which I feel is always the case). This bo...more
I am ashamed to say I read this. I just wanted something light that would be a little fun. This was poorly written and totally implausible. It was light, I guess I got that much. I do not recommend.
Mason
Keeping a child from their grandmother can be a very bad thing, especially in the eyes of the Sisterhood.

Narrator Laurel Merlington does a superb job bringing the wonderful characters of author Fern Michaels’s Sisterhood Series to life in GOTCHA! Merlington’s cadence holds you spellbound throughout the story. Her vocalizations have you believing there’s more than one narrator. Her utterance gives great depth to the emotions of the story.

This time around Julie Wyatt has contacted the Sisterhood f...more
DelAnne Frazee
Title: Gotcha (The Sisterhood)
Author: Fern Michaels
Publisher: Zebra Books
Published: 6-25-2013
ISBN: 0758266022
ASIN: B00BHLJLD8
Pages: 273

This, the next offering of the sisterhood finds that the first string has retired from the sisterhood and the second string is about to test their mettle. Only Myra Rutledge, Annie De Silva and Myra's husband Charles Sutcliff, a former MI-6 operative remain on call for the sisterhood from the original books.

"Gotcha" is the first book of what I hope are many in th...more
Carol  MacInnis
Julie Wyatt lives in the small town of Rosemont, Alabama. She has two sets of twins, one set girls and the other boys, as well as a son Larry. Larry has passed away and Julie believes his wife, Darlene is responsible for his passing. Larry was married once before and his first wife gave him a beautiful baby girl before she died. Larry doted on Olivia and became her mama and papa. Then Darlene came along and Larry married her and insisted she legally adopt Olivia and raise her as if she were her...more
R J Mckay
The Sisterhood helps those seeking justice when there doesn't seem and other way to obtain it. In Gotcha, Myra and Annie come to the aid of Julie Wyatt, whose son Larry died unnecessarily and whose Granddaughter is being kept from her. The Vigilantes take on Darlene Jimson Wyatt, Larry's second wife and the step-mother to little Olivia. Myra is especially touched by this mission, as it reminds her of the death of her own daughter.

Myra and Annie arrive in Rosemont, Alabama, to talk to Julie and f...more
Barb Klein
I was sent a free print copy of "Gotcha" by Fern Michaels, published by Zebra Fiction in order to provide a review of the book. When I started reading this book, I was sure it would be one that I enjoyed. However, I was wrong.

This story is one of vengeance and vigilantes. I did not disagree that the “bad guys” should be punished, but I was not a fan of the methods used. In fact, I quit reading the book. There are some whom I’m sure would like this read, but they have a stronger constitution than...more
Allyson Abu-hajar
This was an interesting read. Take one angry young grandmother, who suspects her son was murdered by his wife, and the wife keeps his young daughter, from another marriage to get her hands on the inheritance, which leads the grandmother to contact a group of seemingly gentle older women, who belong to the sisterhood, to settle the score. Thrown in the mix, is several dogs with heartwarming characteristics.

Only two of the older women show up to help Julie Wyatt, but they have lots of ideas and t...more
Sue
I have read several of books in this series and find this book drags along in some places. The story line was good about a grandmother and a granddaughter she is trying to save from a wicked stepmother, and the help she gets from the viglantes.
Kathy Saunders
Praise for Fern MichaelIt and her latest Sisterhood Series book- Sometimes, justice is a long time in coming. That's the case with Julia Wyatt, whose story strikes close to home for original founder of The Sisterhood, Myra Rutledge, and her best friend, Annie. Julie is convinced her greedy daughter-in-law, Darlene, had something to do with the mysterious circumstances surrounding the death of her son, Larry. She also desperately wants to ensure the safety of her beloved granddaughter, Olivia. Th...more
Amy White
this is apparently part of a series about strong women who seek revenge. the writing is sometimes choppy and it is definitely not high literature. The book had a very interesting storyline and was a quick read. I will probably track down more of "The Sisterhood" books by Michaels, if for nothing else than to find out how these characters came to be. The end was a tiny bit gory, but the tale had some good twists and turns. Good beach/roadtrip read!
Jackie
This was a "come back" book in the Sisterhood series which was ok. Predictable and an easy read. Guess I'm tried of the revenge, get even themes.
Catherine Dorsa
Loved it.

every women who has been in a similar situation can identity with this book. makes for fast read ing. I ilike smart women.
Mary Fyock
I've read all the "Sisterhood" series by this author and by the time I finished the book, I'm convinced she didn't write it. Sure, there's revenge in it, but everything else is off. There were some very obvious grammatical errors, the pacing wasn't quite right, and why would you do to Mace in chapter 17 with no hints? Then take a secondary character and push him into a primary character in the last chapter? This is not at all like the other books and I was very disappointed.
The best part was the...more
Rebecca Heintz
This book is filled with hate and countless implausible plot twists. I did not enjoy it.
Allen
#21. First of the continuing series, this one was over the top. I liked it.
Kathy Warren
Great read and fast-paced. The long-awaited return of the sensational Sisterhood!
Debbie Lowrey simpson
Love the sisterhood series!!! Never let down by these books!
Brian Howard
VERY POOR WRITING!!!!!
Amylxsnxs
Very disappointing.
Carol
Been awhile since there was a new book. I've read a bunch of the Sisterhood series and really enjoyed them. This one has a little different take on it than do some of the others. Time is a big element where a woman first wrote them five years previously asking for help then writes again. They are astounded that they somehow missed this woman's concern. There are many twists and turns throughout the book. Annie and Myra are the two primary helpers this time and it works well for the story.
Val
This was definitely not at the caliber of earlier books in the series. The ladies should just retire and relax.
Jane
Received this from my friend, Darlene, married to Larry, who gave it to our book club as a gag. It was certainly an easy read and mostly enjoyable. I really couldn't understand why the main character had to become a billionaire - it didn't seem to add anything to the story. I hated the methods used to exact revenge in the end. Seems with all the money she had, bribery would have been better/easier than torture. But then again, that's why it's fiction.
Suka
Jacque
When I recieved this book, I didn't know it was the latest in a series. It was written so that even though I hadn't read the previous books, I was still able to follow along and enjoy the story. It has peaked my interest enough to go back and read the previous stories to get each charachter's backround story and how they each came to be a part of this little "posse". I enjoyed the story and would recommend this book to others.
Patricia Solla
Loved the storyline. The reader is teased with the hint of a new assignment for the sisterhood. Then we get some filler info about of what might be to come, only to find out that there's more to the story than meets the eye. Myra and Annie are the main characters but get help from an unusual part of the sisterhood and then we are given a very slight hint into what might happen next in the sisterhood.
  • First Sight
  • Redemption (Beartooth, Montana, #2)
  • Sea Glass Island (Ocean Breeze, #3)
  • Keep No Secrets
  • Return to Willow Lake  (Lakeshore Chronicles #9)
  • Relatively Dead
  • Starting Now (Blossom Street, #9)
  • Groomed for Murder (Going to the Dogs, #2)
  • Tell Me (Savannah #3)
  • Touching the Sky (Land of the Lone Star, # 2)
  • She Can Scream (She Can... #3)
  • The Last Kind Word (Mac McKenzie, #10)
  • The Summer Everything Changed
  • The Disappearance (Luke Garrison, #1)
  • Anything but Civil (Hattie Davish Mystery, #2)
  • Taking Charge of ADHD: The Complete, Authoritative Guide for Parents
  • The Gray Ghost Murders (Sean Stranahan Mystery #2)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I...more
More about Fern Michaels...
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3) The Jury (Sisterhood, #4) Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)