Pet Hotel #1: Calling All Pets!

Pet Hotel #1: Calling All Pets! (Pet Hotel #1)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A fun, funny new chapter book series full of adorable pets and silly adventures!

Twins Meg and Charlie are moving into their great-great-aunt's hotel, and they're in for some surprises! The run-down hotel is full of cool old rooms, a rooftop garden, even an elevator. There's also one big problem -- it doesn't have any guests.

But when Meg and Charlie volunteer to look after...more
Published June 25th 2013 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Pet Hotel #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pet Hotel #1

Liz Butler
So, we've officially embarked in full time reading of chapter books with Isabella.
So I figure why not include those books here as well, right?

Anyway, Isabella LOVES animals, so this book was right up her animal loving alley.
So much so, we've already ordered the sequel from Amazon.
Personally, I'm looking forward to some of the other books we've got coming our way.

But I really am enjoying reading with her!
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Twins Meg and Charlie (as well as their Mom and Dad) are moving into their great-great-aunt's run-down hotel. They soon befriend their neighbors and their neighbors' pets. The family fixes up the hotel, but it's now a hotel for pets - not people!

Finch put together a fun and cute book for beginning chapter readers. The chapters are quick and have illustrations throughout the book. The drama is light and animal related. There is plenty of humor and lightheartedness throughout the story. Pet Hotel...more
Lisa Miller Chandler
book description:

But when Meg and Charlie volunteer to look after a neighbor's golden retriever puppy, the fuzzy little furball gives them a great idea. They're going to tran...more
Nicole Hewitt
3.5/5 Stars
This review and many more can be found on my blog - Best Kids' Reads.

My nine-year-old daughter is a big animal fan and she really loved these books. They are great fun and also very cute! They have lots of adorable illustrations, which was always a big draw for my daughter when she was a bit younger (not to say that she doesn't still like them now, but she's willing to read books without them now that she's older). I would say that these books would be perfect for the second and third...more
The Wishing Well
Pet Hotel is a new chapter book series that would be appropriate for second or third graders or even precocious first graders.

Holly Letson
*Pet Hotel* is a cute animal-related series for children, where 2 children move to their great-great-Aunt's hotel with their parents, and turn it into a pet hotel. I would recommend it to animal lovers of all ages.
---------------
This book, the first of the series, focuses on Paco the dog, and how he brings the children to come up with the idea of changing the Diamond Hotel into the Pet Hotel. Pet Hotel is different from normal hotels, as its' guests are animals, instead of humans, so there's a...more
Carol
Meg and Charlie move into their great-great-aunt's hotel with their parents. The hotel is rather rundown but it is very unique and interesting. Unfortunately, they have no guests as there are nicer hotels in town. The twins come up with a fabulous idea to turn the has-been inn into a Pet Hotel. The entire family gets on board with the idea and the fun begins! This is a sweet intermediate series for boys and girls. The people and pets are adorable.
Sharie
Oct 30, 2013 Sharie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: f13
Great branching book from easy reader to chapter book. And the love of animals.
Kristi Napolitano
Kristi Napolitano marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Maloy Kids
Maloy Kids marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Catelin Talbert
Catelin Talbert marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Liz
Liz added it
May 09, 2014
Emma
Emma added it
Apr 27, 2014
♥Juvia♥
♥Juvia♥ marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Alexia
Alexia marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Krb
Krb added it
Apr 07, 2014
Gwendolyn Keenan
Gwendolyn Keenan marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Beth
Beth added it
Apr 03, 2014
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Pet Hotel #2: A Big Surprise Pet Hotel #3: A Nose for Trouble Pet Hotel #4: On With the Show!