Start by marking “Calling All Pets! (Pet Hotel #1)” as Want to Read:
Calling All Pets! (Pet Hotel #1)

Calling All Pets! (Pet Hotel #1)

A fun, funny new chapter book series full of adorable pets and silly adventures!

Twins Meg and Charlie are moving into their great-great-aunt's hotel, and they're in for some surprises! The run-down hotel is full of cool old rooms, a rooftop garden, even an elevator. There's also one big problem -- it doesn't have any guests.

But when Meg and Charlie volunteer to look after
Published June 25th 2013 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Calling All Pets!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Calling All Pets!

Liz Butler
Sep 28, 2013 Liz Butler rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
So, we've officially embarked in full time reading of chapter books with Isabella.
So I figure why not include those books here as well, right?

Anyway, Isabella LOVES animals, so this book was right up her animal loving alley.
So much so, we've already ordered the sequel from Amazon.
Personally, I'm looking forward to some of the other books we've got coming our way.

But I really am enjoying reading with her!
Stefani
Mar 15, 2016 Stefani rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
I thought it was awesome and I am planning on to read the 2ed book if u like animals this a book for u
Nicole Hewitt
May 29, 2013 Nicole Hewitt rated it really liked it
3.5/5 Stars
This review and many more can be found on my blog - Best Kids' Reads.

My nine-year-old daughter is a big animal fan and she really loved these books. They are great fun and also very cute! They have lots of adorable illustrations, which was always a big draw for my daughter when she was a bit younger (not to say that she doesn't still like them now, but she's willing to read books without them now that she's older). I would say that these books would be perfect for the second and third
Moon Shine Art Spot ~ Lisa
book description:

But when Meg and Charlie volunteer to look after a neighbor's golden retriever puppy, the fuzzy little furball gives them a great idea. They're going to tran
The Wishing Well
Jul 31, 2013 The Wishing Well rated it really liked it
Pet Hotel is a new chapter book series that would be appropriate for second or third graders or even precocious first graders.

Holly Letson
*Pet Hotel* is a cute animal-related series for children, where 2 children move to their great-great-Aunt's hotel with their parents, and turn it into a pet hotel. I would recommend it to animal lovers of all ages.
---------------
This book, the first of the series, focuses on Paco the dog, and how he brings the children to come up with the idea of changing the Diamond Hotel into the Pet Hotel. Pet Hotel is different from normal hotels, as its' guests are animals, instead of humans, so there's a
Skye Hegyes
Feb 08, 2016 Skye Hegyes rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
The Good
This is a cute book for children starting to learn how to read chapter books. It is a quick little adventure about two children who unintentionally come up with a way to save their great-great aunt's hotel.

The Bad
It was a really quick read. Some parts of it felt really rushed. The children take care of a couple of random animals without thought of what it could mean, and when they finally reveal the new hotel for animals, it's the adults' idea and only lasts a chapter.

The Review
Overall
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Twins Meg and Charlie (as well as their Mom and Dad) are moving into their great-great-aunt's run-down hotel. They soon befriend their neighbors and their neighbors' pets. The family fixes up the hotel, but it's now a hotel for pets - not people!

Finch put together a fun and cute book for beginning chapter readers. The chapters are quick and have illustrations throughout the book. The drama is light and animal related. There is plenty of humor and lightheartedness throughout the story. Pet Hotel
Carol
Dec 31, 2013 Carol rated it really liked it
Meg and Charlie move into their great-great-aunt's hotel with their parents. The hotel is rather rundown but it is very unique and interesting. Unfortunately, they have no guests as there are nicer hotels in town. The twins come up with a fabulous idea to turn the has-been inn into a Pet Hotel. The entire family gets on board with the idea and the fun begins! This is a sweet intermediate series for boys and girls. The people and pets are adorable.
Cym
Dec 13, 2015 Cym rated it really liked it
My eight-year-old chose this book from the book fair held at their school. I am glad she liked it since she's very fond of pets, especially dogs.

She finished this book in less than two days. It's a fast read and there's excitement going on. The instances of excitement were mostly the same, though. I guess that's one way of keeping the book interesting.

I loved the illustrations, especially the one with the cross section of the hotel. I kept referring to it as the rooms were described.
Grace
Jan 16, 2015 Grace rated it it was amazing
This book made me think wow puppies are cute
AnnieG
Oct 23, 2016 AnnieG rated it really liked it
It was really good but unfortunately I can't remember the date or month or even the year I read it which is the worst and also really sucks:(
Sharie
Oct 30, 2013 Sharie rated it really liked it
Shelves: reading-level-es
Great branching book from easy reader to chapter book. And the love of animals.
Audrey
Apr 22, 2016 Audrey rated it really liked it
Shelves: pet-shelfie
It was easy to read. But it was fun. It was cute. It was amazing.
Jenna Petrillo
Jenna Petrillo rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Brittany Hesslink
Brittany Hesslink rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2013
Paige
Paige rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Haven
Haven rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2014
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was ok
Jul 22, 2013
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2013
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2016
Marisa
Marisa rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2014
Makayla Fink
Makayla Fink rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2016
Katherine
Katherine rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2015
Christy
Christy rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2015
Desiree Frias
Desiree Frias rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2015
Izzy
Izzy rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2015
Reagan
Reagan rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2015
Peggy Cochran
Peggy Cochran rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2014
Debbie McNeil
Debbie McNeil rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Pet Hotel (4 books)
  • Pet Hotel #2: A Big Surprise
  • A Nose for Trouble (Pet Hotel #3)
  • On With the Show! (Pet Hotel #4)