Start by marking “Connected (Connections, #1)” as Want to Read:
Connected (Connections, #1)

Connected (Connections #1)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  18,491 Ratings  ·  2,085 Reviews
What if a ‘Once in a Lifetime’ could happen twice?

Suffering from a past full of tragedy, Dahlia London's soul has been left completely shattered. Happily ever after is a far cry from reality in her world. But, when she is reconnected with her past, the bonds that form are irrefutable.

When River Wilde, lead singer of The Wilde Ones, comes back into Dahlia’s life, the inten
Published March 22nd 2013 (first published 2013)

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireReal by Katy EvansClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareEntwined with You by Sylvia DayReckless by S.C. Stephens
Best Books Published in 2013
73rd out of 3,243 books — 7,118 voters
Collide by Gail McHughThe Forgotten Ones by Laura   HowardBreathe into Me by Amanda  StoneWait for You by J. LynnRunning on Empty by L.B. Simmons
Lucky '13s
16th out of 215 books — 1,405 voters

More lists with this book...

Aestas Book Blog
Mar 22, 2013 Aestas Book Blog rated it really liked it

WOW. That ending. Just… WOW.

Its not often that a book can really pull the rug right out from under me with a revelation like that but I swear to you I did NOT see that ending coming!! Wow. Wow. WOW.

Amazing!! I loved it!

The majority of the book read as a solid 4-star read for the most part. I liked the characters, I liked the story, and enjoyed my read. There were a few scenes here and there that were just phenomenal, but for the most part, I sat at a very happy 4 stars. Until the end. The las
Smitten's Book Blog

'Could love at first sight be real?'

Aaaahhhh, this book screwed with my mind. For most of the way through, I was thinking, ah, very sweet, lovely rock star romance, with a bit of angst, some ugly-cry-inducing heartbreak and a gorgeously hot River Wilde!

Something... no everything about him drew my attention.

And then... Bam! This book turns everything you thought you knew about River and Dahlia's story on it's head and rips the world right out from under you!

My mind was spinning at the en
~ Becs ~
For 48 hours you can win either a signed paperback or an ebook of Connected at Sinfully Sexy!

When our eyes connected it felt like minutes, in reality it was mere seconds. At that moment, something happened inside of me. The connection was like nothing I’d ever felt before. It was an electric pull that willed me in and forced me to keep looking at him.

This was such a sweet and intriguing debut from Kim Karr. I will say that my reading experience during the first part was fairly similar to watch
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
“One day, if you change your mind . . . just know you’ll always be my once in a lifetime.”

~~

*Books with a major cliffhangers should have a fucking warning!!!*
description

THE FUCKING ENDING....!!! I don't know if I want her to answer the phone or no...Actually I want her to. I am sooo not Team River.. I don't even like Dahlia.

Now, to my review
3.5 Stars!

The author needs to work on her dialogues and scene play a bit, because this book would be amazing if it some powerful quotes and dialogues. :P
Because
Michele ~ la Smoocherina
2.5-3 Stars. This meandering love fest was more then I could handle. Lots of "shaking his head" and "licking his lips" or "biting her lips". The way they kiss is even weird. When Dahl, our heroine asked River where he learned to kiss like that, he said he wasn't just kissing her, he was whispering in her mouth. Ok. Whispering against ones's mouth a la Luke Motherfucking Stark Style is one thing, but River being the kiss whisper was another thing entirely.

There is a plot, but it's plunked in here
Samantha Young
May 19, 2013 Samantha Young rated it it was amazing
I was pulled in from the first word and felt every single emotion—Dahlia's grief, conflict, and the amazing chemistry between her and River.
Connected is an incredibly emotional, romantic, sexy and addictive read. The cliffhanger had me screaming "Nooooo!" at my kindle!
Can't wait for book two.

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Mar 30, 2013 Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads rated it really liked it
This Review was posted at Angie's Dreamy Reads!!

4 HMMMMM....... STARS (Sigh...River ;))

WHEW **deep breathes** WOW! WOW! WOW!

I’d use one word to describe this books and that’s JUICY!!!!! There are LOTS of little twists and turns that happen throughout it. It’s one of those that you have to pay attention to while reading. It’s got romance, suspense and a little bit of mystery and intrigue. It more than meets the eye. Honestly It’s really impossible to review this book without giving away some cl
Chris- Bookaddict
Mar 12, 2015 Chris- Bookaddict rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paperback
Review tweaked now that Book is out :)

I was excited When Kim Came to me and asked me to read and review this book . Kim kicks it outta the park with this debut novel . It is full of Hotness, love, romance, heart ache. The Characters in this Book are AMAZINGBALLS !!!!!

"The sound of her voice sends a jolt of electricity through my body that lights up deep within my soul."

This story is amazing. It will make you laugh and cry. Is it possible to find your soul mate ?? Is love at first sight real? I
Kimberly
Mar 11, 2013 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved
There are a couple of things I want to mention before I get into this review. First off, I need to tell you that when you finish the Epilogue, you will say to yourself HOLY $HIT or something of that variety. This book's ending is...wow. There is a cliffhanger per se, but trust me when I say that it made the book THAT MUCH BETTER! Yes, there is going to be a second book. Do I recommend you wait to read this book until the second one comes out - NO! This book is so good that you need to read it no ...more
Lili
Oct 03, 2013 Lili rated it really liked it
I. AM. SHOCKED.

OMG!

What a great way to set up book 2!

This book was completely different than what I was expecting. I love that! This author kept me guessing the whole time! What a great surprise this was! 4.5 stars!
Kim Person
First, I must THANK Kim for the ARC of Connected in exchange for an honest review. Ladies, I didn't know what to expect when I received Connected beyond knowing that there was a "boy in the band." In my typical fashion that had me.....................................

Well, that was just the beginning of my emotional journey that led me to hell sometimes, my happy place other times, my "WHOA MOMMA" other times and a seriously WTH just happened moment.

Dahlia's life with her loving parents was pictu
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Dec 04, 2013 Stacia (the 2010 club) marked it as did-not-finish
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Smut Monday Club pick
Got about 35 to 40ish% in and had to throw in the towel with Connected. This was another "nothing new to see here" kind of book, which is the main reason I'm giving it the heave-ho. I'd heard the ending got crazy but I didn't want to have to keep reading in order to get to that point. The language phrasing bordered on cheese sometimes, which also wasn't helping.

But it wasn't just a kiss. It was so much more. When our tongues met, it felt like our souls connected with each other as they passed t
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 24, 2013 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
description

"I never imagined I could feel so connected to anyone as much as I feel connected to you. I knew I loved you from the moment I saw you. How could I not? Loving you is as easy as breathing."

This book ends with a shocking epilogue so be prepared as the next book isn’t due out until the fall. Will this reader be reading it? The answer is...HELL YES, things just got interesting!

“Could love at first sight be real?”

Connected has a lot to do with the concept of love at first sight, an instant conne
HILLZ
Mar 21, 2013 HILLZ rated it it was amazing
First off, I knew I would LOVE this book because she mentions music from the get go. I love books that tell you what the characters are listening to or incorporates lyrics, even if they aren't books with rock stars in them. If there is a rock star, that's a bonus.

This book has a rock star, BIG BONUS. River Wilde, lead singer/guitarist of the Wilde Ones! YUMMY!

I also love when a heroine has her inner struggle and ultimately ends up going with her gut. Dahlia London does just that.

The sex scenes
♥Rachel♥
May 29, 2013 ♥Rachel♥ rated it really liked it
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: MM
3.5 Stars

Dahlia has had only two profound romances in her life. One in her past, Ben, the man she grew up who was there through every moment of happiness and tragedy. He was her first love, her first everything. There’s not hardly one memory that doesn’t include Ben.

And then there’s River, her future. Dahlia met him in college, and felt an instant earth shattering connection. It was mutually felt, and it left her running away so she wouldn’t do something she regretted. When Dahlia and River cro
Melanie Dawn
Mar 05, 2013 Melanie Dawn rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. As I sit here trying to catch my breath from this most amazing book, the only word that comes to mind is Brilliant. This story literally left me breathless and craving more. I was given the great honor to beta read this book for Kim. Thinking I would take a few days to soak it all in, I curled up on the sofa to read just a few chapters. Before I knew it, I was neglecting everyone and everything around me to get to the end of the story. I promise, you will devour every page of this boo ...more
Elizabeth (Liz)
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

GENRE: Adult Contemporary Romance

HEAT LEVEL: Hot

WARNINGS: Book #1, Story Continues In Book #2

SPECIAL NOTE: Ridiculously A-maz-ing Cover!!

4 Stars

CONNECTED is a sexy, emotional and wonderfully romantic debut from new author Kim Karr!

The losses in Dahlia London's distant and recent past define tragic. Fairytale endings are just that...fairytales. Struggling to rebuild her life and her soul, Dahlia returns to her combined love of photography and music and, in
Liis McKinstry
Apr 13, 2013 Liis McKinstry rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Liis by: Amy Tannenbaum
Where to start...

fudge!shitakemushrooms!donkeyhole!mo-foandallthatisholy!*

Ok, I feel marginally better.

This book was recommended to me by someone whose opinion I hold in high regard. And now all I want to do is have a ‘discussion’ with her to find out WHY in god’s name she would inflict this kind of turmoil on me. WHY?!?

I finished this book in 6 hours and I can honestly say that I loved every second of the 360 minutes that were dedicated to the amazing story of River and Dahlia.

The beginning of
Sarah ❤
5 “You’re perfect, really” Stars

You were my once in a lifetime.
This I knew from the moment your eyes met mine.
You were my once in a lifetime.
This I knew the first time I whispered into your ear and my heart stopped.
You were my once in a lifetime.
This I knew when your face touched my spirit.
You were my once in a lifetime.
This I knew when I kissed your lips and felt it in my soul.
So where did you go, where did you go?

All I can really say is that I love River Wilde!!

"...continually scrolling th
Krystle
Jul 28, 2013 Krystle rated it it was amazing
WOW JUST WOW so much more than a 5star read AMAZING ALL THE WAY THROUGH

I really need to stop saying this is one of my fav books ever because when I come a cross a book like this I feel like a fraud.(one of my favourite books ever) I have read a lot of books that make me have a sinking feeling in my stomach but soon as it comes its gone!!!! well not with this one I had a sick feeling from 12% that didn't sit well with me at all. I cried really nasty tears at this 12% mark. so much so that I email
Arlene

Wow!! I feel like my head just got whacked with a 500 pound sack of clusterf&ck bricks! I did NOT see that ending coming! That last little bit tossed me off my reading chair.... In shock!

Well played Kim Karr. Well played. You're good!

Okay, now that I got that out of the way let me tell you about this book...

For Dahlia tragedy had marked her path from
Tough Critic Book Reviews
It’s like a double chocolate fudge pop with no stick, Dom Perignon with no bottle opener, a condom with no penis. All the things you love and sometimes crave, but if they’re missing that one tiny thing, they can’t fully be enjoyed. You know they’re great, but sometimes that’s all it takes. One. Thing.

The beginning is what kept me from one hundred percent falling in love with Connected, the foundation of the story. That one thing.

I wanted more development of Ben and Dahlia’s relationship. More ti
Kirsty
Mar 22, 2013 Kirsty rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013
Oh. My. God. That was so good!

Dahlia London is our heroine and I really liked her character. The book starts off with Dahlia at college, living the typical student lifestyle. A great group of friends, going to the occasional party and madly in love with her boyfriend, Ben. Ben was her true love in every sense of the word, they started off as friends which soon turned in to more and they were happy. Everything is going well in Dahlia's life, until one night at a bar on Halloween she comes across
Kathryn
Jul 19, 2015 Kathryn rated it really liked it
I had the privilege of being a beta reader for this lovely book and I can't wait until you too have the chance to read it! I know you will fall in love with River and Dahlia too!

It's so hard to write a review that doesn't include spoilers, especially when you've read a book as good and exciting as this! Connected grabbed me on the first page, and even though I've finished reading, it hasn't left me yet. The twists and turns will tie you in knots, but trust me, you will not want to be cut loose!
Love N. Books
Jan 24, 2013 Love N. Books rated it it was amazing
I was given the GREAT privilege of being a beta reader on this book and let me tell you.... we have a winner on our hands. This book is brilliant and is going to win you all over. Kim Karr is definitely going to be big... really, really big.

The way I know that a book will be a bestseller? When I am still thinking about the characters and scenes in this book days, weeks, months... later. I'm still thinking about River and Dahlia. I'm still thinking about brilliant (and H.O.T.) scenes that Kim wro
Reading is my Time Out
Mar 23, 2013 Reading is my Time Out rated it it was amazing
Holy hotness Kim Karr!!! I can't even begin to put in words how much I LOVE this book!! I was all over the map of emotions while reading this gem... I was smiling like a goofball in love, crying like I just lost my first dog, and then blushing because of the amazeball love scenes.... WHOA.... The scenes. M-E-O-W!!! Kim has now introduced me to one of my top 5 book crushes... RIVER WILDE! 5 out of 5 stars on the knock my socks off scale.... For sure!!!

I immediately fell in love with Dahl (Dahlia)
Robin
HOLY MOTHER OF........... It has been 24 HOURS since I finished this and the ENTIRE book is still on my freaking mind! I cannot get that ending out of my HEAD!!!!!!!! What a freaking read, this book will have you all over the map with emotions. I literally did not want to put this book down it went everywhere with me, this was one of those reads where I really wished I could read and drive.

“I wasn't just kissing you. I was also whispering in your mouth.”

Oh did I love RIVER he was absolutely ju
I read CONNECTED a few weeks ago and I instantly fell in love with it because it was different. It wasn't anything I'd read recently or even ever. Kim takes you on a roller coaster ride that doesn't want to let you off. At first when it starts, you think, 'oh I've read this'. but then it goes into uncharted territories that you'll be clamoring for the end to see where it's all leading up!

The story starts with Dahlia dating Ben Covington while they're at Stanford. It's Halloween and Dahlia is not
Michelle [Helen Geek]
04/06/2013 --
How many times are we going to be sold the same books with different covers. All the New Adult is starting to read the same. These newcomers don't really have anything new to offer. If I wanted to read the same books over and over again, I wouldn't spend "new" money for them. Unfortunately, this book isn't bad, but it isn't new and original either.
Yari
Mar 18, 2013 Yari rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege to receive an ARC of Connected from Kim for the blog that I am part of Books, Babes, and Cheap Cabernet.

This book is one of those books that long after you have finished you catch yourself still thinking about the story and trying to figure out how it will end. Having said that yes there is a MAJOR cliffhanger that leaves you wanting more.

Kim did an awesome job telling the story of River and Dahlia. From their first encounter at a bar the connection that they shared was a o
  • Mogul (Groupie, #3)
  • Relentless (Shattered Hearts, #2)
  • Picture Perfect (Renegade Saints, #1)
  • Wreck Me (Wrecked, #1)
  • Rock Me Slowly (Buried Alive Rockers, #1)
  • Everything Changes
  • Light in the Shadows (Find You in the Dark, #2)
  • Give Me Love (Give Me, #1)
  • Access Restricted (Access, #2)
  • Moving Forward (Timing is Everything, #1)
  • Rock My Bed (Black Falcon, #2)
  • True Love Story
  • Ambrosia (Book Boyfriend, #2)
  • On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5)
  • The Education of Caroline (The Education of..., #2)
  • Real Ugly (Hard Rock Roots, #1)
  • The Stillness of You (Beautifully Damaged, #1)
  • Documentary (Documentary, #1)
Please feel free to check out my author page on facebook.

You may also contact me at AuthorKimKarr@gmail.com

I live in Florida with my husband and four kids. I've always had a love for reading books and writing. Being an English major in college, I wanted to teach at the college level but that was not to be. I went on to receive an MBA and became a project man
More about Kim Karr...

Connections (5 books)
  • Torn (Connections, #2)
  • Mended (Connections, #3)
  • Frayed (Connections, #4)
  • Bent (Connections, #5)

“Just know you’ll always be my once in a lifetime.” 126 likes
“I feel like fate has brought us together again. I also believe that one night, so long ago, just wasn’t the right time for us. But tonight is.” 67 likes