Start by marking “Heart of War” as Want to Read:
Heart of War

Heart of War

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  7 reviews
This compilation of seven previously published works, edited to form a single narrative, follows the Donovans through four generations of American wars, from World War II to the War in Afghanistan.
Published February 1st 2013 by Capstone Press(MN)

To ask other readers questions about Heart of War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of War

Addison Lutz
This book is a about a TRUE American family with at least one family member from each generation going into the United States military for each war from World War II to the Iraq War. The book was very exciting with a twist around every corner you go; I would recommend this book to any action craving, young, reader who wants to become a future United States soldier. Some people, though, might not think differently that this book should be read by young readers because of the "violence", but oppos ...more
Georgina Martin (Bookz and Bitz)
For more reviews go to George's Bookz and Bitz

Let me start by saying this request for an eGalley was a total 'cover sale' I couldn't resist what looked to be an awesome cover, and so figured I'd request it and see what it was like. So I knew I wasn't the usual demographic (being neither young nor a boy) but I can read and enjoy most things, so went in open minded.

There are seven books in the Bloodlines range, Heart of War brings them all together in one one volume that follows the military fami
Beverly
Heart of War is a collection of eight stories that follows the Donovan family, a family that has served in the military from WWII to Afghanistan. Each story follows one member of the Donovan family through their experiences in a particular conflict. The reader gets an up close and personal account of what war is really like.

This book was recommended to me by one of my 5th grade students. In fact she liked it so much she loaned me her copy. It’s not unusual for students to mention titles of books
Ethan
"Heart of war" by Zachery Sherman is a fictional tale of a family's Involvement in America's conflicts from WWII to the Iraqi War. In the book it tells of each individual's story in a certain war and there is eight total stories. Each story has a tie to the last storie through objects and relationships. I personally liked this book because it keep you refreshed by implementing new stories and ending the last. Overall, this book was great for a short historical fiction read.
Mact
M. Zachary Sherman is a former Marine. The Donovan Family is a four generation that was in the Army. It was from World War II Through the Afghanistan war. They had a lot of people from their family to serve for the country. They had some close encounters with the enemy. Some was in the snow and some was in the heat. Overall I think that The Heart of War is an outstanding book for young readers who want to learn about wars and how you have to be on the look out for anything that looks suspicious.
Lauri
Jan 19, 2013 Lauri rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lauri by: Requested from NetGalley.
Shelves: pdf, classroom
I was fascinated by each of the Donovan family members and their experience's at war. I know this will be a great addition to my classroom library. Each family member is wonderfully represented and their stories are quite compelling. A page-turner, not to be missed by anyone who enjoys reading historical military stories.
Thomas woodbery
This book is amazing. It puts you on the front lines. IT is a good book if your wanting to learn about the military.
Dillon
Dillon marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Ty Sanders
Ty Sanders marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Jlahr
Jlahr marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Jiang Jason
Jiang Jason marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Kim
Kim added it
Aug 05, 2014
Jacob
Jacob marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Andre
Andre marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Enrique
Enrique marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Lachlan
Lachlan marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Jared H
Jared H is currently reading it
Dec 06, 2013
Karen Saccomando
Karen Saccomando marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2013
paula
paula marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
Shrapnel: Aristeia Rising America's Army #1 - Knowledge is Power Fighting Phantoms Control Under Fire A Time for War