Start by marking “Lucky (Lucky Santangelo, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lucky (Lucky Santangelo, #2)

Lucky (Lucky Santangelo #2)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  7,752 ratings  ·  188 reviews
Sultry Lucky Santangelo takes her game of love and power to all corners of the globe as she fights for her father's honor.
Published August 1st 1985 by Simon & Schuster (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Lucky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucky

Melyssa Dawn Michaels
This is Book 2 in the Lucky Santangelo series and much like Chances before it, this one does not disappoint. I had the pleasure of reading these books, both Chances and Lucky years ago, and have recently gone back to visit them again.

It is written in such a way that only Jackie Collins can do.Intrigue, romance, sex, liars and players all rolled into a fabulous 600 page adventure. Completed with quite possibly the best Heroine ever created and you get the idea, its a non stop ride.

I have always
Andrea Newland
Smut book, but it was entertaining, Lucky is a woman not to be messed with :)
Kelly
I may be a decade or two late in reading the Lucky Santangelo series but by golly I feel like it is worth the wait.

I didn't enjoy this second novel as much as the first. I loved Chances because it was such an in depth study of the life of Gino Santangelo from his humble beginnings to his big shot present, it was so developed and detailed and so wonderfully crafted that you were within Gina every step of the way. When he hurt, you hurt. When he was happy, you were happy...

As this novel was entit
Lanette
I enjoy reading family sagas and this one doesn't disappoint. Jackie Collins earlier novels are worth reading. This was the very first one that I'd read. I liked Lucky because she was adventurous and terribly head strong. Anything having to do with Gangsters, Thugs, crime- I'm in! This book, I could just fall into, after some deep reading or life's problems. Better than mindless television!
Lorma
I just love me some Jackie Collins!!! I especially enjoy reading the Santangelo family sagas and later on discussing it with my cousin who was also a big fan. Lucky Santangelo is your typical head strong, gutsy, Italian mob princess you just can't get enough of.
Gemma
This book was fun to read. I liked how Lucky doesn't let anyone push her around and how she's her own woman. jackie Collins did a good job on this book.
Carrie Kellenberger
Gino Santangelo and his beautiful daughter Lucky are back in the second installment of the Lucky Santangelo series. Lucky is ambitious, talented, wild, and notorious for getting what she wants on her own terms.

All of my favorite characters are back in Book Two. Olympia Stanislopolous and her father Dimitri are still as rich and spoiled as ever, Gino has fallen in love again, and Lucky finds Lennie, the man who is destined to be her future partner. You can always count on Jackie Collins for a gre
Angie
Wow! So much love for this book. I first read the Lucky series about 20 years ago when I was a teenager, and I recently did a reread. I really like Ms. Collins' writing style with the short chapters and her ability to write from so many different POVs. Lucky Santangelo is a sexy heroine that you can admire, respect, and read about with glee. Don't mess with Lucky. Ever. Seriously. I can't believe how fresh this novel feels after all this time. I guess with all the simpering heronies that have be ...more
Keith B
I finally read a Jackie Collins book! 30 summers too late-this is an '80's book when Sammy Davis Jr was still out & about. Sensational(istic) writing, after a few pages I realized this novel's all about money power & fucking, but interesting enough plot to continue to the end. Too many damn characters I started losing track!! I felt that the heroine (Lucky Santangelo) bit unrealistic, especially the mobster daughter who gets away with actual murder, her marrying a decades older billionai ...more
Chris
This is a really great beach read--another one I just couldn't put down. Even though it was written in 1985, it still is fascinating. Two of her characters reminded me of Aristotle and Christina Onassis. This is the 2nd book about Lucky Santangelo, and her family. I love books about strong women, and this one does not disappoint. I'm not familiar with the mob bosses, so I am not sure just who her Gino Santangelo character is based on. But really think the Lucky character has many of the characte ...more
Stephanie
In Collins' sophomore release of the Santangelo saga we get reaquainted with the business savy and headstrong Lucky Santangelo, daughter of the notorious Gino "The Ram" Santagelo, former mob boss.

Not one iota of what Collins' writes in this book comes off as being unrealistic or boring. Writing a book like this takes pure, unadulturated talent. How she manages to come up with new and exciting characters, keep us thouroughly updated on old ones, intertwine all of their storylines flawlessly and l
ѕєяєηιтι
Serinin ilk kitabı "Kurtulanlar" mükemmel bir kitaptı O kitabı bitirdikten sonra bu kitabı okumayı çok istemiş ama elimde olmadığından okuyamamıştım neyse sonunda muradıma erdim:)

İlkine yakın bir performans Santangelo ailesini okumak müthiş keyif kesinlikle Babamız Gino ile başlayan macera kızımız Lucky odaklı devam ediyor bu kitapta yine herşey var aldatlamalar sırlar şiddet intikam aşk.. ilk kitaptan merakta kaldığımız bazı şeyleri de bu kitapta çözdük (view spoiler)
Lori Schiele
I have read Jackie Collins novels in the past and decided to try one again. The biggest issue I have with her novels is that she has too many characters and it is hard to keep them straight. By the end of the book, all of the characters manage to come together, but in the meantime, it can be very confusing.
Ruth
It had been years since I visited Lucky Santangelo, but I recently decided to pay her another visit. This is the second book in a series about Lucky & her family. I do suggest reading, "Chances" first, but this book is More awesome than Chances. It most definitely holds its share of surprises & shockers. If you like a book w/ a good ending...this is one, but getting there is most definitely a suspenseful adventure. A Little better than most Jackie Collins reads (imo) & it is worth ow ...more
Heather
While I was reading Poor Little Bitch Girl I saw the mini series LUcky Chances and immediately went out and bought al, the Santangelo books I could get my hands on. Lucky is one if my all time favourite female characters. She kicks ass, knows what she wants, she's smart, strong and doesn't take any shit from anyone. She's made of total win. I love reading about how she became a huge roaring success in the saga. I much prefer these older books actually building the hotel empire and learning about ...more
David Charrier
Steamy Thriller

An easy read for mature readers. Jackie Collins lives up to her reputation!

Clear your schedule and enjoy the book.

Lisa
Good book, thought I would read a different one to what I usually read and really enjoyed this.
Leah
Guilty pleasure, I loved lucky and this series, couldn't wait to finish and start the next
Crabs
always in love with her books from the time i was 15!!

Collins, you rock!!
Bookcase Jim
Take with a grain of salt..

I read this as a frustrated 16 yr old (male) virgin and found the sex scenes particularly titillating. So much so that the story kept flowing and I wasn't particularly concerned with the quality of writing, the cliches, the superficiality of it all. I enjoyed it a lot.
Not long ago (about fifteen years after reading Lucky)I came across Hollywood Wives, the other Jackie Collins novel I read. Wow, it was junk. I assume I'd have the same opinion of Lucky today, but hey, w
Louise Garner
Great holiday read. Long, but pacey enough. Not taxing!
Lebogang Kutumela
lovely book. i love the Santangelo bunch
Jeanne
Another great Lucky story by Jackie Collins!! I got pulled into the story immediately and was totally engaged throughout the entire book!! One small error by the author (sorry, I’m a stickler for details): The story starts in the summer of 1978; Gino returned from "tax" exile in July of 1977; Gino is dating Tiny Martino’s ex-wife, Susan. Gino says that Tiny passed away two years earlier (would have been 1976) and he had attended the funeral in Los Angeles. Well, that would be kind of hard since ...more
kelly
I did not like this one. At all.
Theresa Williams
i. enjoyed this just ad i did chancrs
Paul Butler
Found this slow at first but as it went on it became a totally brilliant read!!!
Jacquelyne Gumpert
Amazing!!!!!!! Absolutely loved it..
Siti
Money money money everywhere money ..but money cannot give peaceful life..
Nicole Jade
What's The Name o...: Which Jackie Collins book? [s] 3 149 Aug 29, 2013 09:43AM
Jackie Collins Fans: Lucky 1 3 Nov 15, 2012 12:41AM
Jackie Collins Fans: * Do you have a -Lucky Santangelo - inside you? 1 6 Nov 14, 2012 08:11PM
  • Mistral's Daughter
  • Once Is Not Enough
  • Lace
  • Queenie
  • Deceptions
  • Rivals (Rutshire Chronicles #2)
  • To Be the Best  (Emma Harte Saga #3)
  • Message from Nam
  • Jacqueline Susann's Shadow Of The Dolls
  • Windmills of the Gods

There have been many imitators, but only Jackie Collins can tell you what really goes on in the fastest lane of all. From Beverly Hills bedrooms to a raunchy prowl along the streets of Hollywood; from glittering rock parties and concerts to stretch limos and the mansions of power brokers-Jackie Collins chronicles the real truth from the inside looking out.

Jackie Collins has been called a "raunchy
More about Jackie Collins...
Chances (Lucky Santangelo, #1) Hollywood Wives Poor Little Bitch Girl (Lucky Santangelo, #7) Lady Boss Vendetta: Lucky's Revenge

“Falling in love is like getting hit by a truck and yet not being mortally wounded. just sick to your stomach, high one minute, low the next. Starving hungry but unable to eat. hot, cold, forever horny, full of hope and enthusiasm, with momentary depressions that wipe you out.

It is also not being able to remove the smile from your face, loving life with a mad passionate intensity, and feeling ten years younger.

Love does not appear with any warning signs. You fall into it as if pushed from a high diving board. No time to think about what's happening. It's inevitable. An event you can't control. A crazy, heart-stopping, roller-coaster ride that just has to take its course.”
249 likes