Start by marking “Trailer Mechanics: A Guide to Making Your Documentary Fundraising Trailer” as Want to Read:
Trailer Mechanics: A Guide to Making Your Documentary Fundraising Trailer

Trailer Mechanics: A Guide to Making Your Documentary Fundraising Trailer

In order to raise money to make a documentary, it is essential to produce a trailer that will capture the imagination and confidence of grant-makers and investors. "Trailer Mechanics" guides the filmmaker step-by-step through the entire process of making such fundraising trailers.
Published January 28th 2005 by magafilms (first published January 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Trailer Mechanics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trailer Mechanics

Nicola Lees
Dec 30, 2012 Nicola Lees rated it really liked it
This book (I read the 2nd Edition) is ostensibly about how to make a short trailer that you can use to persuade TV commissioning editors, grantors and other investors to give you money so you can make a full-length documentary, but it's actually much more than that.

The book combines analysis of what makes a good pitch trailer work, with interviews with industry professionals (myself included) and a sheaf of worksheets that you are encouraged to fill in / cut out / pin next to your computer. It
Bella
Jun 02, 2009 Bella rated it liked it
Shelves: film
Fernanda Rossi is the Queen of the documentary, I acknowledge that. She has worked on some of my favorite documentaries. But this book didn't help me as much as I thought it would, since I was in the process of making a documentary trailer for fundraising purposes. She spends a lot of time asking you, the filmmaker, about your "motivation" and "commitment" and idea of "success". Perhaps she is doing this to narrow the field a little, but I personally didn't need any of that psychological ...more
Steev Hise
Apr 08, 2009 Steev Hise rated it really liked it
Shelves: filmmaking, own-it
I just took a workshop from this author and it was great, so i'm looking forward to reading this.
btw, for any filmmakers in san francisco, she's going to be there this weekend giving the same workshop. i highly recommend it. day 1 is about documentary story structure, day 2 is about making fundraising trailers.
Jun 19, 2008 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Should you wake up and find yourself thinking, "I want to make a documentary!", you should read this book. It's sobering. After you've read it, if you still want to make a documentary, then you probably should :)
Candacy A.
Candacy A. rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2009
James Anthony
James Anthony rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2014
Bob
Bob rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2008
Fivel
Fivel rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Iakov
Iakov rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
Buck Kahler
Buck Kahler rated it did not like it
Sep 17, 2014
Ellen
Ellen marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2007
Tracy
Tracy added it
Oct 23, 2007
Šarūnas
Šarūnas marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2010
Rogermuchmorehotmail.com
Rogermuchmorehotmail.com marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2012
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2013
Emad-eldin Elsayed
Emad-eldin Elsayed marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2013
Matt Morgan
Matt Morgan marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2013
Adam Mccormick
Adam Mccormick marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Jojo
Jojo marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015