Start by marking “The Agatha Christie Book Club” as Want to Read:

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  19 reviews
When Alicia Finlay walks out on her boring old book club and starts a new one devoted to her favorite mystery writer Agatha Christie she has no idea she's about to stumble upon a deadly mystery of her own. It's a mystery so baffling, it would leave even the Queen of Crime scratching her head...

Bored with her old book club, Alicia Finlay decides to start a new one—dedicate
ebook
Published May 12th 2012 by Larmer Media (first published May 8th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Agatha Christie Book Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Agatha Christie Book Club

Lela
A fun, light, predictable book. Probably not for people who are not AC fans - do they exist? Lots of references to Christie books and some slightly strange characters. The food references made me salivate, but, alas, no recipes.
Pete F
I quite enjoyed this book but I found it a bit predictable, so for that reason only gave it two stars. Being an Agatha Christie fan the title of this book attracted me, so I downloaded it to my Kindle.

I felt a little disappointed at the anti-climax of Alicia's meeting with the missing lady she had been looking for. I could see what was happening long before the amateur detectives of the Agatha Christie Book Club. For someone who is an avowed Agatha fan, and who should have known something of the
Karen
Written for fans of cosy styled, more light-hearted mystery stories, THE AGATHA CHRISTIE BOOK CLUB will ring many bells in any readers who are also dedicated Agatha Christie readers. Set in Sydney, the ACBC is formed by Alicia Finlay when she finally has to throw in the towel on a more formal (aka stuffy) literature based book club (personal note - if you TRIED to hold off the wine and cheese at our book club meetings you'd be laughed out the door!).

Those dedicated fans of Agatha Christie will r
C.M. (aka Pearl Barley)
I'm rather partial to the cozy whodunnit and I've been a lifelong Agatha Christie fan. This tale, while not written by the great Dame herself, lends itself to her methodology of crime-solving and thus makes for a very interesting read with twists and turns that led to the truth in a roundabout way. It is also most unusual that it is set in Australia which I found quite novel.

Alicia forms the Agatha Christie Book Club with the intention of getting like-minded folk together to discuss Christie's
Marty Hatcher
This is a delightful book that took me no time to read. How can you not like a book whose first chapter begins with the following: "Alicia Finlay was in the wrong book club. She hadn’t realised it at first. Had come along, faithfully, every month for three months, the latest Pulitzer Prize-winning novel wedged under her arm, a strained smile on her lips, and pretended to be having fun. But there was no fun to be had." Alicia has had it with her Monday Night Book Club and its ridiculous rules, so ...more
Kat Lebo
By C.A. Larmer

I was drawn to the book by the title. I first cut my mystery teeth on Agatha Christie’s fine cozies, although I haven’t read her in years. It did take me a little bit of time to sink into that cozy mystery mindset, but once I did this book read pretty smoothly, considering the differences in terminology and spelling between American English and Australian English.

I’ve read this author before, so knew she was an Australian. The story takes place in Aus
Rose
I'm a fan of cozy mystery and of The Queen of Crime AC herself, so I just had to read this and was so glad I did. I really enjoyed the cast of characters in this book and the fact that because they all love AC, they are eager to investigate the disappearance of on of their members. I REALLY hope this is the beginning of a series and I would love to read more!
Sarahanne
A nice homage to Dame Agatha. I liked the setup and enjoyed the story. I'll. watch for more by this author.
Melissa
It was a fun but easy read. I mostly liked the references to Agatha Christie's books and learning a little about her past.
Carra
A bit too long and predictable, but all in all a good, light read.
Joyce

Delightful read...lots of twists and turns that keep you guessing until the end.

Mary
A really fun read. I will look for more of Larmer's work.
Penny Burkeen
I love mysteries. This one had several twists and turns. Nice.
Lexie
Prelim Review: Though sometimes rambling further abroad then I thought it should (its not just Missy that has problems reigning in her digressions) this was a genuinely intriguing book that certainly took many of the staples from Christie's fiction that it pays homage to without being ridiculous. (at least not overly so)
Tanya Marie
Very much enjoyed this one - any fan of Agatha Christie mysteries will want to read it. My only complaint would be that it went on a bit longer than it could have - maybe should have been edited and shortened somewhat but overall a fun read for any Marple or Poirot follower.
Julie
Not as good as Agatha Christie, but it was fairly interesting especially as it turned out completely opposite of what they thought. It was interesting to learn about the mysterious days AC went missing.
Kathy
A group in Sydney form a book club to read Agatha Christie classics. Soon one member disappears and the group has a real mystery on their hands. Enjoyable quick read.
Kristi
Fun mystery, enjoyable characters. The Agatha Christie book club made a great setting for these amateur sleuths.
Crissy
Crissy is currently reading it
Jul 30, 2015
Lesley Brooks
Lesley Brooks marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Mary Bronson
Mary Bronson marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Megan McIntire
Megan McIntire marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Rachel
Rachel added it
Jul 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Six Mary Westmacott Novels (Giants' Bread / Absent in the Spring / Unfinished Portrait / The Rose and the Yew Tree / A Daughter's a Daughter / The Burden)
  • Adventures in Prayer
  • Enough: Discovering Joy Through Simplicity and Generosity
  • Agatha Christie and the Eleven Missing Days
  • Henry Wood Time And Again (Henry Wood Detective #2)
  • Mad Hungry: Feeding Men and Boys: Recipes, Strategies, and Survival Techniques
  • Agatha Christie: A Biography
  • Duchess of Death: The Unauthorized Biography of Agatha Christie
  • Breaking the Rules
  • The Real Katie Lavender
  • Agatha Christie
  • Nigellissima: Instant Italian Inspiration
  • The Women of Christmas: Experience the Season Afresh with Elizabeth, Mary, and Anna
  • Halley's Bible Handbook
  • Bébé Day by Day: 100 Keys to French Parenting
  • Agatha Christie, Woman of Mystery (Oxford Bookworms Library: Stage 2)
  • Yellow Iris: A Short Story (Hercule Poirot)
  • Farewell, My Deuce (The Reed Ferguson Mystery Series)
The author of nine books, Christina Larmer was born in tropical Papua New Guinea, educated in Australia and has lived and worked around the world including New York, Los Angeles and London. An editor by trade, she now freelances and writes fiction from her home in the East Coast hinterland of Australia, which she shares with her musician husband, two boys, random koalas and countless snakes.

Also w
More about C.A. Larmer...
Killer Twist (Ghostwriter Mystery #1) Dying Words (A Ghostwriter Mystery #4) A Plot to Die For (Ghostwriter Mystery #2) Last Writes (Ghostwriter Mystery #3) Words Can Kill (A Ghostwriter Mystery #5)