Start by marking “The Mammoth Book Of Science Fiction” as Want to Read:
The Mammoth Book Of Science Fiction

The Mammoth Book Of Science Fiction

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  4 reviews
An anthology of science-fiction stories since 1950 by such masters of the genre as: Stephen Baxter; Brian W. Aldiss; Michael Swanwick; Philip K. Dick; and Peter Hamilton. The collection includes tales of travel through space and time, aliens coming to Earth and the pull of black holes.
Hardcover
Published May 1st 2002 by Constable & Robinson (first published April 16th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Mammoth Book Of Science Fiction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mammoth Book Of Science Fiction

Werner
Aug 01, 2010 Werner rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Science fiction fans
July 31, 2010
Though I'd never put it on my "read" shelf earlier, this SF anthology is another one I'd read most of over the last several years, but just hadn't read all of so as to be able to review it. I'm hoping to spread my review over a couple of days, rather than try to write the whole thing tonight (since we're expecting a webcam call from our daughter later this evening).

Carroll and Graf's Mammoth series offers anthologies of stories drawn from practically any genre or theme that can be s
Richard Anderson
Some good stuff here.
Neyly
I find this a hard book to rate: I actively disliked some of the stories while thinking others really good. At one point, my rating would have been a one but I persevered. My final rating falls somewhere between "it was okay" and "I liked it." I'm going with two stars rather than three stars (which I considered because I liked a goodly number of the short stories), in part because the book needed a better editor: no excuse for misspelled words.

Jien
A few of the stories were not as good, but most of them were great enough to earn this anthology a five star rating.
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Simontt
Simontt marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Ravensscar
Ravensscar marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Jim Pike
Jim Pike marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Lucy
Lucy marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
David Southwick
David Southwick marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Goran Remborg
Goran Remborg marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Buddy
Buddy added it
Nov 14, 2014
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Nicole Donze
Nicole Donze marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Khryss
Khryss marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Kym
Kym marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Shane Devane
Shane Devane is currently reading it
Aug 09, 2014
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Wendy Christine Allen
Wendy Christine Allen marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Changes to new Science Fiction...? 1 1 Apr 06, 2014 08:24AM
Michael Raymond Donald Ashley is the author and editor of over sixty books that in total have sold over a million copies worldwide. He lives in Chatham, Kent.
More about Mike Ashley...
The Mammoth Book of New Sherlock Holmes Adventures The Mammoth Book of Comic Fantasy The Mammoth Book of Comic Fantasy II The Mammoth Book of Extreme Science Fiction The Mammoth Book of Apocalyptic SF