Start by marking “China Diaries & Other Tales from the Road” as Want to Read:
China Diaries & Other Tales from the Road

China Diaries & Other Tales from the Road

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating Details ·  3 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
After forty-something countries on five continents, John Rydzewski thought he saw it all...that is, until he went to China. There, he found the Chinese Groundhog's Day, a coffee shop barista named "Shaky," girls named "Kinky," Asian scarecrows, Santa's honest-to-goodness workshop that supplies the world with all its Christmas gifts, Elvis on the Silk Road, and himself in a ...more
Published October 1st 2012 by Inkwater Press

To ask other readers questions about China Diaries & Other Tales from the Road, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about China Diaries & Other Tales from the Road

John Rydzewski
Dec 12, 2012 John Rydzewski added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote
Everyone,

First of all, I apologize that you cannot see the actual book cover, I'm still working to fix that technical glitch. If you go to Amazon, you will be able to see the book cover, and also get a free preview of the cover, Foreword, the Table of Contents, and Chapters 1 and 2.

Here's a bit of a backgrounder. I wrote the book in real time when I was living, working, and traveling in China and Asia from 2006-2010. Unlike some of literature out there on China written by Westerners, I took a d
Betty
Feb 07, 2013 Betty rated it it was amazing
As one who loves to travel, I have long desired to visit the mysterious countries of Asia. But even though I did manage to tour Japan, I have never been to its huge neighbour, China. So I was delighted when Author John Rydzewski offered me a copy of his book, “China Diaries & Other Tales from the Road.”

John is an itinerant writer who has travelled through more than forty countries on five continents and decided, not only travel through China; but to live and work there for three years.

His
Kathleen
Apr 12, 2013 Kathleen rated it it was amazing

China Diaries & Other Tales from the Road is a book that vicariously takes you through the author, John Rydzewski's travels, while making you smile and laugh out loud along the way. John's keen sense of humor and observation succeeds in dispelling many of the preceived misconceptions the Western World holds with regard to Asia in general, and China in particular.

Even if you have no desire to venture to that part of the world, the cultural insights interspersed throughout the book will at lea
Tom Carter
Tom Carter rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2013
Fafac
Fafac marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Kayleigh
Kayleigh marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Melissa
Melissa is currently reading it
May 18, 2014
Katie Heugel
Katie Heugel marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016