Start by marking “Chronic Resilience: 10 Sanity-Saving Strategies for Women Coping with the Stress of Illness” as Want to Read:

Millions of women between 20 and 65 live with one or more chronic diseases. Chronic illness comes with stress and 'Chronic Resilience' provides a complete self-help blueprint for managing the difficulties chronic illness presents. The book offers techniques and ways to rebound from the pressures of having a body that's doing things you wish you could control.
Published August 1st 2013 by Conari Press

To ask other readers questions about Chronic Resilience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chronic Resilience

Rivke
May 06, 2015 Rivke rated it really liked it
This book is very helpful if you have been newly diagnosed with a chronic illness! The book offers not only support and understanding for your new situation but also guidelines and practical advice for helping you live with illness. I was able to immediately apply a lot of the advice in the book, such as: finding clarity about my values, setting small attainable goals and taking steps toward them daily/weekly, creating a health binder with all of your medical tests and info (very useful!), focus ...more
Gerard
Aug 09, 2016 Gerard rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Sometimes a book like this is needed for someone to comprehend what exactly is going on and how to cope with such.
Even though we all tell everybody else how to deal with things, we never quite "get it".
This book will help you through some of that.

I received the book for free through Goodreads Firstreads.
Aug 20, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Although she doesn't address it, Horn's advice is applicable to those of us with chronic mental illness. Many of her strategies could improve anyone's life, regardless of their state of health. Others serve mainly to ease the burden of those living with chronic illness. Either way, her strategies can simplify your life. Some are challenging, but all are feasible.
Pamela
Sep 11, 2013 Pamela rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Although the "ten tips" seem like common sense, they are presented in a way and with details that make this worth the read. I have RA and this book opened my eyes to how I am taking a back seat to my own care and things I can do to change that. I received this book as a Goodreads first read book. Thank you.
Rachel
Sep 07, 2014 Rachel rated it it was amazing
For anyone coming to terms with a chronic illness this book is like the friend you need to push you in the right direction. Written in a warm, realistic tone the advice and stories of real women are invaluable.
Wendy Kennar
Dec 10, 2015 Wendy Kennar rated it it was amazing
An invaluable book! I feel fortunate to have discovered this book. It's a guide, really, that will help me live (and hopefully thrive) with a chronic medical condition.
Lori Ford
Lori Ford rated it it was ok
Feb 14, 2016
Mackenzie
Mackenzie rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2016
Emily Kvalheim
Emily Kvalheim rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2016
Anna Porter
Anna Porter rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Kara
Kara rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Michaela Haas
Michaela Haas rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2013
Shelly
Shelly rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2013
Jozi
Jozi rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2014
Patricia
Patricia rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Kristine Scarrow
Kristine Scarrow rated it really liked it
May 04, 2016
Catherine Richardson
Catherine Richardson rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2015
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Melissa
Dec 29, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it
A great book with some great advice for living your best with chronic illness.
Rajeswari
Rajeswari rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2013
Alexis
Alexis rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2013
Gwen
Gwen rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2015
Hilary
Hilary rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2013
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2016
Paula Quenoy
Paula Quenoy rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2014
Tiff McHugh
Tiff McHugh rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2015
  • Yoga for Pain Relief: Simple Practices to Calm Your Mind and Heal Your Chronic Pain
  • The Tao of Bipolar: Using Meditation and Mindfulness to Find Balance and Peace
  • Anxiety and Avoidance: A Universal Treatment for Anxiety, Panic, and Fear
  • How to Be Sick: A Buddhist-Inspired Guide for the Chronically Ill and Their Caregivers
  • In the Kingdom of the Sick: A Social History of Chronic Illness in America
  • The Need to Please: Mindfulness Skills to Gain Freedom from People Pleasing and Approval Seeking
  • Diet Recovery 2: Restoring Mind and Metabolism from Dieting, Weight Loss, Exercise, and Healthy Food
  • The Book of Afformations: Discovering the Missing Piece to Abundant Health, Wealth, Love, and Happiness
  • The Gifted Choice
  • Back Care Basics: A Doctor's Gentle Yoga Program for Back and Neck Pain Relief
  • Beat Overeating Now!: Take Control of Your Hunger Hormones to Lose Weight Fast
  • 104 Ways to Starve Your Anger and Feed Your Soul
  • No Matter What: An Adoptive Family's Story of Hope, Love and Healing
  • The Wonders Of The Invisible World
  • The Good Stuff from Growing Up in a Dysfunctional Family: How to Survive and Then Thrive
  • Build Your Dreams: How To Make a Living Doing What You Love
  • Mindfulness Meditation for Pain Relief: Guided Practices for Reclaiming Your Body and Your Life
  • The Man Who Couldn't Eat
Danea Horn was born with VACTERL Association, a rare birth disorder that caused malformations in six systems in the body and left her with chronic kidney disease and other demanding health challenges. Her diagnosis was described by Doctor Hardy Hendren of Boston Children's Hospital as one of "nature's worst malformations."

Through this intense journey of physical challenge and self-exploration, Dan
More about Danea Horn...