Start by marking “Memoir & Misadventures of a Mad Inventor” as Want to Read:
Memoir & Misadventures of a Mad Inventor

Memoir & Misadventures of a Mad Inventor

Young Robert Barley survives being struck by flaming rocket plane. Flaming hair, and a knot on the back of the head would have been enough to discourage most boys, but it only lit the fire under Robert's passion for inventing. Robert's first invention was a rocket plane. At the age of six, he borrowed one of his brother's bottle rockets, and glued it to the side of a toy ...more
Published October 1st 2012 by Outskirts Press

To ask other readers questions about Memoir & Misadventures of a Mad Inventor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Memoir & Misadventures of a Mad Inventor

Charline Ratcliff
Sep 11, 2014 Charline Ratcliff rated it it was amazing
I don't normally choose to read short story type books (they always seem to be over before I can blink), but in the case of “Memoir & Misadventures of a Mad Inventor” by Robert E. Gross, I opted to make an exception. I’m sure you're probably wondering why, so let me explain... It was because of the hilariously funny story shared on the book’s back cover.

I read: “young Robert barely survives being struck by flaming rocket plane,” and then my eyes moved down to “flaming hair and a knot on the
Robert Gross
Dec 13, 2013 Robert Gross rated it it was amazing
Memoir: Misadventures of a Mad Inventor - Robert E. Gross
is a short, sweet, hilarious, beautiful book that will take readers inside the innocence, resourcefulness, and crazy imagination of a young boy with a lot of time on his hands.

Gross travels back in time to his own youth, when he was growing up in a farm, as he re-visits his summer adventures as a mad Inventor, to bring readers a glimpse of his own mind at an age when everything is possible, or at least worth the try.

Robert's adventures wit
SometimesIWonder
SometimesIWonder rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2013
Maximillian
Maximillian marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2013
Abhay Kulkarni
Abhay Kulkarni marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
Sophia F
Sophia F marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2013
Reann
Reann marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013