Start by marking “Maggie Vaults Over the Moon” as Want to Read:

Maggie Vaults Over the Moon

"A Triumph Over Gravity!"

Maggie Steele is a gritty farm girl from tiny Grain Valley, Kansas who pours her broken heart into the daring and dangerous sport of pole-vaulting. Driven by a secret that she dare not share with anyone, Maggie struggles over many obstacles as she attempts to soar waaay higher than her critics think a girl should ever go. Gripping in its portrayal
Published October 11th 2012 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Maggie Vaults Over the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maggie Vaults Over the Moon

Fran
Mar 14, 2013 Fran rated it it was amazing
Grant Overtake

Life on a farm is quite different from that in the city. Maggie Steele is a young teenage girl whose ties to her family are more than just refreshing. Working along side of brother and father during harvesting season and helping with chores was a team effort and never considered work. But, one moment in time would forever change her life and one emergency call the dynamics of her family. What happens when your brother the person who centers you and cares
Diane
Aug 12, 2013 Diane rated it it was amazing
Grant Overstake, the author of Maggie Vaults Over the Moon, has created in Maggie Steele a courageous young woman who, despite self-doubt and grief, find wholeness in a most unusual way, through the sport of pole vaulting. Being non-athletic myself, I wasn't sure how I would relate to a story of a teenager who took up pole vaulting as away to connect with her brother, tragically lost in a car wreck, and a way to heal herself. This is a young adult novel. Even so, I found myself caught up in Magg ...more
Jolene Frook
Jan 17, 2014 Jolene Frook rated it it was amazing
Ready to fly?!! Maggie takes the reader from tragedy to triumph. A wonderful book for tweens and teens. Maggie Vaults Over the Moon has a tragedy without being gruesome, a love story that is innocent, and sports competitors that exhibit true sportsmanship. It is truly refreshing. The world needs more Maggies.

Timothy Tays
Sep 30, 2013 Timothy Tays rated it it was amazing
Excellent coming-of-age sports book, especially for female athletes.
Wapi Aponi
Feb 20, 2013 Wapi Aponi rated it it was amazing
I had some vague expectations when I picked up Maggie Vaults Over The Moon. Not being a huge sports fan in general, I was hesitant to read a book about vaulting, but the positive reviews won me over. I'm glad they did. There is so much more to Maggie than I ever imagined.

From the very beginning she brings us into one of the hardest and most painful moments of her life. Having experienced a great deal of loss at an early age myself, I was easily able to relate to her pain and the anger that follo
Shannon Clark
Mar 11, 2013 Shannon Clark rated it it was amazing
You know that saying-"Don't judge a book by its cover"? Well, it applies to this book. Most definitely! :) Grant Overstake, the author, contacted me about reading his book and reviewing it on my blog. I am so glad I did.

It's a young adult book that's appropriate for young adults as well as 4th and up. When do you ever find a young adult book like that? Some words that would best describe it would be-PURE, WHOLESOME, GENUINE-those can also describe Maggie, the main character.

Not an inappropriate
Ruth Hastings
Feb 21, 2014 Ruth Hastings rated it liked it
Not sure where I got this book recommendation from...didn't have a clue about the topic which is probably good cos I might not have chosen a book about pole vaulting! But actually quite enjoyed it! The competition kept me excited, liked the little bit of romance, still not sure about the brother part, but definitely kept me reading! Slightly bizarre but still compelling!
Shelley
Mar 29, 2013 Shelley marked it as to-read
Shelves: guest
Author's guest post at my blog:
Kathy Hirschler
Kathy Hirschler rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2013
Jennifer Wright
Jennifer Wright rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2015
Alison Parnacott
Alison Parnacott rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2015
Kami
Kami rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Lora Wade
Lora Wade rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2013
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2015
Kodi
Kodi rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2015
Beverly Mortimer
Beverly Mortimer rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2013
Leah
Leah rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2013
Helen
Helen rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2013
Pamela
Jan 27, 2015 Pamela rated it it was amazing
What a wonderfully inspiring book! And keep a tissue handy because you will need it.
Karina Gioertz
Karina Gioertz rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2013
Carol Beat
Carol Beat rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2014
Marriott Cole
Marriott Cole marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2013
Brendan
Brendan marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2013
Amy
Amy added it
Feb 23, 2013
Denise Stover
Denise Stover marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2013
Flaire Era
Flaire Era marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2013
Doug
Doug added it
Apr 17, 2013
Ernestine Krehbiel
Ernestine Krehbiel marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Renée
Renée marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
MissSusie
MissSusie marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Micki
Micki marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Michaelia Liu
Michaelia Liu marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Clairey
Clairey marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Corinne
Corinne marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Amy Anderson
Amy Anderson marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2016
Maggie Vaults Over the Moon is the premier work of fiction by former Miami Herald Sports Writer and Kansas newspaper editor Grant Overstake. KIRKUS REVIEWS calls it "A fine YA novel about perseverance in sports and in life."
More about Grant Overstake...