Start by marking “The Corruption of Mila” as Want to Read:
The Corruption of Mila

The Corruption of Mila

2.63 of 5 stars 2.63  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Mila takes a hands off approach to dating. She's independent and picky and thinks she knows it all. When her best friend decides to set her up on a blind date with a guy who an-swers to the name of Jax, Mila decides to take a leap of faith. After all, with a name like Jax, how can he not be a dream boat?

Like most blind dates, however, Jax doesn't meet the expectations that
ebook
Published December 31st 2012 by Astraea Press

To ask other readers questions about The Corruption of Mila, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Corruption of Mila

Tammie
The Corruption of Mila is a really cute short story about a blind date; I liked that it emphasized love rather than sex and we got the reasons behind Jax's faith and the decisions he made. One thing I have to add is, there was a line about him not being ready for sex at one point in his life just because he wanted to wait until he was married. Maybe he wasn't ready for it, but I don't think that is always the case. There are plenty of people that decide to wait until marriage for whatever reason ...more
Mónica
Una historia corta bastante linda.

Al leer corrupción pensé en OTRO tipo de corrupción, pero es un libro teen.
Jenniffer
Vanessa Gilbert
No me gustó mucho, por las siguientes razones:
1. Ok, estaban intentando conocerse pero sin embargo las conversaciones parecían más de "abrir el corazón" Y pienso que no fueron correctas para una primera cita.
2. No me gustó el título.
Pero hay aspectos en el libro que me gustaron bastantes como los tecnológicos y eso.
Sara
Comencé a leer este libro porque vi que eran pocas páginas, que sería una historia corta, rápida...
Y por el título, me hice una idea de el tema... Pues es todo lo contrario, no le veo ningún sentido al título, no le veo sentido a la historia en si, pero bueno, al ser una historia corta, no cuesta mucho termimarla.
Shannon Renee
Meh. I don't know what I was expecting when I picked this up, but man did it fail to deliver across the board. It was preachy, it was fluffy, it features characters that were underdeveloped and hollow, and I felt like it had to take a stand on everything (rape, abuse, sex, marriage). Ugh. Glad it was short.
Camila Mosquera
La historia tenía cabida para una historia más extensa y una gran evolución de los personajes que no se logró, esperaba mucho más y no me emocionó tanto como creí.
JiuWaa
Fue dulce pero fue tan corta que no conoci realmente a los personajes. Apluado que el protagonista masculino no haya sido el tipico chico malo.
Mel Echelon
estuvo lindo, no se porq lo hizo corto, si lo hubiera seguido seria una muy linda historia, me gusto la trama :) :(
Vani
Tendría que haber sido más largo u.u
Megan
There's a fine line to walk when it comes to honest conversation, and this story crossed it. Some of it felt like they were opening up to each other or hashing things else, but there were few avoidance techniques. No one changed the subject when they were uncomfortable (and there was lots of uncomfortable). I have to say that I did love the beginning, with the surprise and the shift in Mila's perspective, but after that it started to go downhill.
Megan
Hmm..not really sure what to think, so I went the safe way and gave it the 'meh' rating of 3 stars. I'm also not sure if this novella has an agenda or not. I don't like books like that; it doesn't matter whet the agenda is of if I agree with it. If there was an agenda: boo. If not, it was just ok. Really, really short and not much happened.
Charissa
Christian romance (but not preachy). I liked the characters Mila and Jackson (Jax). As they meet on a blind date, their back story comes out slowly and helps you see that you can't judge a person by first appearances. Fun, quick read with a few action scenes to get your heart thumping for the main characters.
InD'tale Magazine
J.F. Jenkins does a great job exploring Mila’s thoughts as she tries to figure Jax out, comparing him with the bad boys of her past, trying to figure out why she finds a nerd so attractive.

Full review in March 2013 issue of InD'tale Magazine.
The Book

This book was just ok for me. It was very short and the story line really doesn't go anywhere. The book leaves you hanging. I couldn't get into the story, because there wasn't much going on.

2 Stars

Billie Jo
Melissa
Really great book but it left me wanting so much more of Mila and Jax's potential future.
Vanessa Walker
Thats it? It was 20 pages
Joelle.bcn
Joelle.bcn marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Camii Maddox
Camii Maddox marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Ana Paula
Ana Paula marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Erika
Erika added it
Mar 28, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Astraea Press Boo...: The Corruption of Mila available for review 1 8 Jan 07, 2013 01:43PM
Legend of the Oceina Dragon (The Dragons Saga, #1) Legend of the Inero Dragon (The Dragons Saga, #2) Legend of the Touched (The Dragons Saga, #3) A Slow Burning Fire Vala: Agendas