The Corruption of Mila

The Corruption of Mila

2.78 of 5 stars 2.78  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Mila takes a hands off approach to dating. She's independent and picky and thinks she knows it all. When her best friend decides to set her up on a blind date with a guy who an-swers to the name of Jax, Mila decides to take a leap of faith. After all, with a name like Jax, how can he not be a dream boat?

Like most blind dates, however, Jax doesn't meet the expectations that...more
ebook
Published December 31st 2012 by Astraea Press

Tammie
A really cute short story about a blind date. I liked that it emphasized love rather than sex and we got the reasons behind Jax's faith and the decisions he made. One thing I have to add is, there was a line about him not being ready for sex at one point in his life just because he wanted to wait until he was married. Maybe he wasn't ready for it, but I don't think that is always the case. There are plenty of people that decide to wait until marriage for whatever reason and are ready, they just...more
Mónica
Una historia corta bastante linda.

Al leer corrupción pensé en OTRO tipo de corrupción, pero es un libro teen.
Jenniffer
Vani
Tendría que haber sido más largo u.u
Megan
There's a fine line to walk when it comes to honest conversation, and this story crossed it. Some of it felt like they were opening up to each other or hashing things else, but there were few avoidance techniques. No one changed the subject when they were uncomfortable (and there was lots of uncomfortable). I have to say that I did love the beginning, with the surprise and the shift in Mila's perspective, but after that it started to go downhill.
Megan
Hmm..not really sure what to think, so I went the safe way and gave it the 'meh' rating of 3 stars. I'm also not sure if this novella has an agenda or not. I don't like books like that; it doesn't matter whet the agenda is of if I agree with it. If there was an agenda: boo. If not, it was just ok. Really, really short and not much happened.
Charissa
Christian romance (but not preachy). I liked the characters Mila and Jackson (Jax). As they meet on a blind date, their back story comes out slowly and helps you see that you can't judge a person by first appearances. Fun, quick read with a few action scenes to get your heart thumping for the main characters.
InD'Tale Magazine
J.F. Jenkins does a great job exploring Mila’s thoughts as she tries to figure Jax out, comparing him with the bad boys of her past, trying to figure out why she finds a nerd so attractive.

Full review in March 2013 issue of InD'tale Magazine.
The Book

This book was just ok for me. It was very short and the story line really doesn't go anywhere. The book leaves you hanging. I couldn't get into the story, because there wasn't much going on.

2 Stars

Billie Jo
Melissa
Really great book but it left me wanting so much more of Mila and Jax's potential future.
Vanessa Walker
Thats it? It was 20 pages
She Si
She Si added it
Mar 26, 2014
Evelyn Hinostroza
Evelyn Hinostroza marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Soledad Luc
Soledad Luc marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Astraea Press Boo...: The Corruption of Mila available for review 1 8 Jan 07, 2013 01:43PM
Legend of the Oceina Dragon (The Dragons Saga, #1) Legend of the Inero Dragon (The Dragons Saga, #2) Legend of the Touched (The Dragons Saga, #3) Vala: Agendas A Slow Burning Fire