Start by marking “The Corruption of Mila” as Want to Read:
The Corruption of Mila

The Corruption of Mila

Mila takes a hands off approach to dating. She's independent and picky and thinks she knows it all. When her best friend decides to set her up on a blind date with a guy who an-swers to the name of Jax, Mila decides to take a leap of faith. After all, with a name like Jax, how can he not be a dream boat?

Like most blind dates, however, Jax doesn't meet the expectations that
ebook
Published December 31st 2012 by Astraea Press

To ask other readers questions about The Corruption of Mila, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Corruption of Mila

Tammie
The Corruption of Mila is a really cute short story about a blind date; I liked that it emphasized love rather than sex and we got the reasons behind Jax's faith and the decisions he made. One thing I have to add is, there was a line about him not being ready for sex at one point in his life just because he wanted to wait until he was married. Maybe he wasn't ready for it, but I don't think that is always the case. There are plenty of people that decide to wait until marriage for whatever reason ...more
Jenniffer
Mar 18, 2014 Jenniffer rated it liked it
Mónica
Apr 08, 2014 Mónica rated it really liked it
Una historia corta bastante linda.

Al leer corrupción pensé en OTRO tipo de corrupción, pero es un libro teen.
Jessica Vargas
Dec 15, 2016 Jessica Vargas rated it it was ok
No puedo negar que el principio me gusto; pero ese final?. bueno a este libro le falto mas historia
Megan
Apr 24, 2013 Megan rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary-ya
There's a fine line to walk when it comes to honest conversation, and this story crossed it. Some of it felt like they were opening up to each other or hashing things else, but there were few avoidance techniques. No one changed the subject when they were uncomfortable (and there was lots of uncomfortable). I have to say that I did love the beginning, with the surprise and the shift in Mila's perspective, but after that it started to go downhill.
Charissa
Mar 17, 2013 Charissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Christian romance (but not preachy). I liked the characters Mila and Jackson (Jax). As they meet on a blind date, their back story comes out slowly and helps you see that you can't judge a person by first appearances. Fun, quick read with a few action scenes to get your heart thumping for the main characters.
Sara
Sep 21, 2014 Sara rated it it was ok
Comencé a leer este libro porque vi que eran pocas páginas, que sería una historia corta, rápida...
Y por el título, me hice una idea de el tema... Pues es todo lo contrario, no le veo ningún sentido al título, no le veo sentido a la historia en si, pero bueno, al ser una historia corta, no cuesta mucho termimarla.
Vanessa Gilbert
Apr 23, 2014 Vanessa Gilbert rated it it was ok
No me gustó mucho, por las siguientes razones:
1. Ok, estaban intentando conocerse pero sin embargo las conversaciones parecían más de "abrir el corazón" Y pienso que no fueron correctas para una primera cita.
2. No me gustó el título.
Pero hay aspectos en el libro que me gustaron bastantes como los tecnológicos y eso.
Laurel
Jan 23, 2013 Laurel rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-1, novella
Hmm..not really sure what to think, so I went the safe way and gave it the 'meh' rating of 3 stars. I'm also not sure if this novella has an agenda or not. I don't like books like that; it doesn't matter whet the agenda is of if I agree with it. If there was an agenda: boo. If not, it was just ok. Really, really short and not much happened.
InD'tale Magazine
J.F. Jenkins does a great job exploring Mila’s thoughts as she tries to figure Jax out, comparing him with the bad boys of her past, trying to figure out why she finds a nerd so attractive.

Full review in March 2013 issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Shannon Renee
May 07, 2014 Shannon Renee rated it it was ok
Meh. I don't know what I was expecting when I picked this up, but man did it fail to deliver across the board. It was preachy, it was fluffy, it features characters that were underdeveloped and hollow, and I felt like it had to take a stand on everything (rape, abuse, sex, marriage). Ugh. Glad it was short.
The Book
Jun 01, 2013 The Book rated it it was ok

This book was just ok for me. It was very short and the story line really doesn't go anywhere. The book leaves you hanging. I couldn't get into the story, because there wasn't much going on.

2 Stars

Billie Jo
Melissa
Jan 26, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it
Really great book but it left me wanting so much more of Mila and Jax's potential future.
Vani
Feb 15, 2014 Vani rated it it was ok
Tendría que haber sido más largo u.u
Vanessa Walker
Jan 30, 2013 Vanessa Walker rated it did not like it
Thats it? It was 20 pages
Mel
Apr 01, 2015 Mel rated it liked it
estuvo lindo, no se porq lo hizo corto, si lo hubiera seguido seria una muy linda historia, me gusto la trama :) :(
JiuWaa
Dec 26, 2014 JiuWaa rated it it was ok
Fue dulce pero fue tan corta que no conoci realmente a los personajes. Apluado que el protagonista masculino no haya sido el tipico chico malo.
Camila Mosquera
Jun 02, 2015 Camila Mosquera rated it liked it
La historia tenía cabida para una historia más extensa y una gran evolución de los personajes que no se logró, esperaba mucho más y no me emocionó tanto como creí.
Camila
Camila rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2014
Itzel Abigail
Itzel Abigail rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2016
Erika
Erika rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2013
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it liked it
May 25, 2013
Ana.castro.seute
Ana.castro.seute rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2014
Son
Son rated it it was ok
Jan 22, 2013
Lisse Cunha
Lisse Cunha rated it really liked it
May 10, 2014
Billie Jo
Billie Jo rated it it was ok
Jul 07, 2013
Sabrina Rincon
Sabrina Rincon rated it it was ok
Feb 18, 2014
Carol Blackman
Carol Blackman rated it did not like it
May 14, 2014
Anyelie
Anyelie rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Astraea Press Boo...: The Corruption of Mila available for review 1 8 Jan 07, 2013 01:43PM
The Artist Formerly Known as J.F. Jenkins.

Yes, I've changed my pen name. If you're redirected here after looking up one of my old books, that's why. Rather than rebuild my profile here on Goodreads, I've simply decided to combine my books into one place.

Who am I?

I am Cloud S. Riser and I'm a storyteller. Step into my worlds. There is a little bit of everything. Romance, mystical creatures, bizarre
More about Cloud S. Riser...