Start by marking “Little Dinos Don't Bite” as Want to Read:
Little Dinos Don't Bite

Little Dinos Don't Bite (Little Dinos)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  76 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Little Dino has lots of sharp teeth and starts using them to bite objects and other dinosaurs. He must learn to use them in the right way.
Board Book, 20 pages
Published February 1st 2013 by Picture Window Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Little Dinos Don't Bite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Dinos Don't Bite

Erica
This board book makes a lot more sense than Little Dinos Don't Hit.

We all know biters (I am a biter! Always have been)
They're awful little things, with their chompers all up on your flesh.
Biting happens for lots of reasons - anger, frustration, and disappointment; teething; some kids just like the feel of flesh between their teeth (it is super satisfying); misdirected emotions (it's so cute, it must be bitten!); etc.

This handy-dandy book shows what items are not ok for biting (shoes, toys, mom)
Enchantedchildrensbookreviews
Feb 20, 2013 Enchantedchildrensbookreviews rated it really liked it
Little Dinos Don’t Bite
Author: Michael Dahl
Illustrator: Adam Record
Publisher: Capstone Young Readers
ISBN: 9781404875364

A 20 page board book with lively illustrations.

A lesson every child should learn, especially in this books target age bracket (2-4 years) is that there is absolutely, positively, NO BITING! What better way to enforce this lesson than with Little Dino and his Mommy, who may be sweet, but doesn’t like getting her tail chomped on by big, sharp teeth. Ouch!
Biting can do some seri
Cheyenne
Aug 14, 2014 Cheyenne rated it it was amazing
Lexi really loves this book. We read it to her a couple of weeks ago and we've been reading it pretty much every day since then. She has stopped biting, so it looks like it worked.
Ali
Mar 04, 2014 Ali rated it it was amazing
Super cute little book with great primary color illustrations about good good behavior (i.e. not biting). The bit about not biting Mom was especially silly and fun.
Ashley
Oct 09, 2013 Ashley rated it it was ok
I had read Little Dinos Don't Yell and Little Dinos Don't HIT to my 28 month old daughter from our library which we visit at least 3 times a week if not more.
She has behavioral problems and I thought this might hell us/her/me especially sicne I'm due in February with another baby so I saw they had one for biting searching through the online catalog for board books I was so happy but reading this book to her made copy him biting her chair but when I put my finger close to her mouth she didn't bit
Paula
Mar 05, 2013 Paula rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this through NetGalley. I loved this book. From the lively, colorful, and often times funny pictures to the positive behavior reinforcement. Too many times, it's always don't do this and this and this, that its nice to have a book that says hey, you can do this and this and this. Kids will relate to the pictures and simple text as they know and we know kids who have bitten. It would be perfect for young children especially those who have a shown a pattern of biting, or to te ...more
Rachel Turner
Feb 18, 2016 Rachel Turner rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mother-goose
I love Michael Dahl's preschool books and this one is on par with the rest of them.
Wench
May 06, 2016 Wench rated it it was ok
Shelves: baby-of-wench, 2016
Sadly this gave Velociraptor ideas, rather than quashing them.
Carol
Here is a cute and simple way to teach very small children what is acceptable to bite and what is not. "Don't bite your shoes! And Don't bite your mom! Bite a snack instead, Little Dino". The large and colorful pages will appeal to little ones while they are being taught a valuable lesson. Little Dinos is a wonderful new board book series teaching babies very important behavioral concepts. Other titles include, "Don't Push" and "Don't Hit".
Kenya Wright
Dec 11, 2012 Kenya Wright rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book those most because the central lesson was "Don't bite your mom." Being that I am a mom, I found this book to be the best book of the night.

The illustrations were awesome. The drawings coincided with the lesson and added humour to each page. Overall I hope to see more about Little Dino. Especially ones that tell the kiddies to be nice to their moms.
Barbara
Jan 19, 2013 Barbara rated it liked it
This colorful board book featuring a mother dinosaur's instructions to her baby on what to bite and what (and who) not to bite is fun to read. While the dino might have sharp teeth with which to bite, that doesn't mean that everything he encounters is fodder for chewing. It would be a useful book for early readers.
Jay
Aug 01, 2015 Jay rated it really liked it
what an awesome little book! perfect for that toddler who's starting to bite everything. a cute, bright, kid friendly book to help teach right & wrong.

** thanks to NetGalley & the publishers for this copy!
Beth
Sep 25, 2013 Beth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: k-6
Excellent book to teach toddlers when biting is ok & when biting is not ok. Clarifies to kiddos that yes, teeth are for biting but only for biting food & snacks. Bite this, not that.
Amy Adams
Jan 12, 2013 Amy Adams rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
This book is so cute and funny! I love the illustrations, which focus on a little hipster dinosaur who likes to bite! I could see this one being read time and time again!
Sade
Feb 17, 2013 Sade rated it really liked it
Super cute book to teach little ones not to bite. I will definitely be referring this series of books to the mom's at my clinic to help with negative behaviors.
Ryan
Mar 20, 2013 Ryan rated it really liked it
4 Stars
I had to buy this book and the rest of the series after reading this title. It’s a big board book on simple but important etiquette lessons.
Lorin
Jan 15, 2013 Lorin rated it really liked it
I liked this book and my child likes this book. Great illustrations and a clever story. Thanks Netgalley for the chance to review this book.
ReadingWench
Jan 17, 2013 ReadingWench rated it really liked it
Got a kid who bites? You should consider reading them this book, it may help. I loved this little dinosaur who loves to bite.
Michelle's Book
Feb 09, 2014 Michelle's Book rated it really liked it
Great book for teaching about biting
Jen
Feb 22, 2013 Jen rated it liked it
Shelves: pb, dinosaur
teaches good manners.
Jennifer Foeller
Jennifer Foeller rated it liked it
May 27, 2016
Marianne
Marianne rated it liked it
May 20, 2016
Brenda
Brenda added it
Mar 30, 2016
Vampwolf(Likira) Wilberding
Vampwolf(Likira) Wilberding rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2016
Kim Lewis
Kim Lewis marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Rivers
Rivers rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Gayle
Gayle rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2016
Jenny
Jenny added it
Apr 05, 2016
Morita kids
Morita kids rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Michael Dahl is the author of over 100 children's books. Some of his most popular series are Finnegan Zwake, Library of Doom, and Dragonblood. He resides in Minneapolis, Minnesota, in a haunted house.

He also writes under aliases Chris Carey, Rick Thomas, and Mark Ziegler.
More about Michael Dahl...

Little Dinos (4 books)