Start by marking “Ask Wendy” as Want to Read:
Ask Wendy

Ask Wendy

Go ahead . . . ask her anything

Over the radio and now on her popular TV talk show, Wendy Williams has always been approached for her blunt, in-your-face words of advice. How's she doin'? "Ask Wendy" has become more than just a fan-favorite TV segment; it's her calling card. Wendy has helped her viewers cope with everything from backstabbing girlfriends and deadbeat boyfrie
Published May 7th 2013 by William Morrow (first published April 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Ask Wendy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ask Wendy

Dr. E
May 11, 2013 Dr. E rated it liked it
I have a new appreciation for double-dub. Although I don't agree with her stance on everything, her direct and honest communication translate well in text. Easy, fairly entertaining read.
Sheri
Jan 24, 2014 Sheri rated it really liked it
Williams’s purpose in writing her book, Ask Wendy, is to let her readers know that there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Although times maybe hard just keep moving. Ask Wendy offers happiness, power, and worth. It teaches us that we should forget all the reasons why something’s won’t work and believe the one reason that it will. Ask Wendy is truly an inspiration. It captures so many emotions and situations that so many readers can relate to.
Ask Wendy is especially well written. This s
Michael
Aug 24, 2016 Michael rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-memoirs
How you doing Wendy? Before I review this book,I am embarrassed to say how much I love Wendy Williams! There are people that are either love or hate her,not so many people in between. However,I absolutely love her,she is blunt and straight to the point. Faithfully I watch her TV show, laughing hysterically at how she carries herself. Needless to say,I was elated reading this,cause 'Ask Wendy' is my favorite segment on her show. Now unto the book review,which I happen to love more than I should!

T
Leah
Jun 23, 2013 Leah rated it it was amazing
This book was a fun, sassy combination of two of my favorite things: advice columns and Wendy Williams. I felt like I was hanging out with Wendy or watching an extra-long episode of her show the entire time I was reading it and I loved every sparkly, snappy, and dramatic moment of it. Poke fun or disagree all you want, but she did provide some amazing gems. My favorite was in the closing letter to readers:

"I've always known that every answer to every question we have in our lives lies within. Ju
Asta Sinusas
Sep 14, 2013 Asta Sinusas rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Wendy's advice! I liked how she discussed her own life experiences and how they have influenced her advice, especially how she met her husband. I also thought she had an interesting perspective on friendship.
I appreciated her approach but thought she could have done a better job defining when a situation is OK or not OK - for instance handbag shopping is a great treat, but only if you've paid all your bills FIRST!
I appreciated that the quizzes throughout the book were balanced
Martha Fendt
Oct 27, 2013 Martha Fendt rated it liked it
(3.5 stars)
I'm a big Wendy Williams fan, I love her,was even I'm her studio audience twice! So when she started promoting this ok I purchased it asap on my ipad. It wasnt like an AMAZING change my life book nor was I expecting it to be..it was a fun, light read. The advice was pretty decent, nothing crazy. I liked the way it was written because it was sort of like she was talking to the reader. The were a few personal stories thrown into the mix which I liked. If you happen to be a fan of Wendy
Sunflowergurl
Aug 28, 2014 Sunflowergurl rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I enjoyed reading this book because I can picture Wendy actually narrating it. I like her candid and frank answers to many of the questions in this book. I think most of the answers she gave, I would have to agree with. Maybe I'm just getting too old. I honestly read this for fun and not necessarily to look for answers regarding certain life situations. Though, it was kinda nice that she affirmed a lot of decisions I made with similar situations. I would recommend this if you like Wendy.
Ashlyn Benta
Jan 20, 2014 Ashlyn Benta rated it it was amazing
Ask Wendy is my favorite segment of her show & I've loved it even when she was on the radio, so when she announced this book, I knew I had to get it & I was not disappointed at all.. Great advice as always!..
Monique
Dec 05, 2013 Monique rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book
I'll be honest I don't watch the Wendy show but thought this book might be interesting. It was and reads like her show sounds - loud & colorful. She gives it to you straight no chaser but it is too over the top for me. Glad I checked it out from the library.
Sha
Aug 22, 2015 Sha rated it it was amazing
it was a quick read but I enjoyed it. she is too funny and she has such a huge personality.
Diana
Jun 17, 2013 Diana rated it it was amazing
love you wendy
Catherine
Jul 06, 2014 Catherine rated it really liked it
She suggests breast feeding mothers should nurse in bathroom stalls. Seriously? Feed babies in the same place where people shit? Yet, only 4 pages later she writes,"Do not shit where you eat. These are the words I live by." Go figure. Other than that, I love her honest and straight to the point answers and I agree with most of them. Sometimes we need to hear that we're a tad overweight and we need to get off our ass and do something about it. Fun and easy/quick read.
Deannah
Jul 26, 2013 Deannah rated it really liked it
I listened to the audiobook earlier today, and enjoyed it. I find audiobooks (although I like the feel of physical books and turning pages) better, since you get more of a sense of the book's tone.

This specific book, through audio format, felt more personal, as if Wendy wa sitting before me, giving advice as she usually does on her morning talk show. I do have some questions to ask her about a few things, but I found myself agreeing with much of what she had to say.
Genevieve Bartow-Popovitz
Mar 09, 2014 Genevieve Bartow-Popovitz rated it really liked it
good book . it 'ASK' Wendy so her answers are hers.... I did not agree on only 2 of them tho.
but I like Wendy so like every other human being I take EVERY thang with a grain of salt.
and a fresh pair of eyes - which Never hurts, and given her good spirit as a human being you can embrace without loosing yourself
Nancy
Oct 25, 2014 Nancy rated it liked it
Shelves: memoir, non-fiction
I didn't buy this book for the self-help, I was more interested in learning about Wendy's life. Unfortunately, the book got rained on and I had to throw it out so I didn't finish it. The advice she gives is solid. Some things I agreed with, some not. I am a huge fan of the show but this book did not deliver the personal anecdotes I was looking for.
Charlotte
Jan 19, 2015 Charlotte rated it liked it
Shelves: celebrity-s-book
Great Book!

Loved the format....Wendy wisely structured her advise book along the lines of her tv program and kept the information brief and varied. It was a quick read ...300 pages went rather quickly...demonstrating that the Purple Chair Sitting Diva is in touch with the times.
Latasha Lynn
Jan 26, 2016 Latasha Lynn rated it really liked it
Never finished, but I appreciated some very useful information and opinions Wendy gave her audience. While I don't agree with everything she advises, she does give a lot of good common sense guidance. I may get this again.
Celine Parker
Sep 22, 2013 Celine Parker rated it liked it
Wendy has great advice, although I don't agree with all of it. My favorite parts of the book were her personal stories at the beginning of each chapter. I would have loved to read more of that, but I get it, this is an advice book.
Whitney
Oct 15, 2013 Whitney rated it liked it
This was a fun, quick read. Wendy Williams' lovers will love it. I didn't agree with her advice all the time, but we both grew up in two totally different places (NJ vs. GA). She's funny, dramatic, and full of good stories and advice. It reads like a gossip magazine.
Michelle
Nov 11, 2013 Michelle rated it it was ok
Okay. It was a breezy and silly book of advice from Wendy. It's a guilty pleasure. It was a quick read and I contrasted my advice with what Wendy said. Apparently, I think every neighbor problems should be solved by calling the landlord or the police.
Natalie
Mar 13, 2015 Natalie rated it really liked it
I really like how opinionated Wendy is! Great book and a very easy read, although I could have done without the quizzes!
Ann
Jun 05, 2013 Ann rated it liked it
Although I don't agree with all of Wendy's advice, I appreciate her "telling it like it is" stance. Some of her comments were spot on; some not so much. Was a fast and entertaining read.
Ohnoro
Nov 17, 2013 Ohnoro rated it really liked it
It was a good variety of questions but if you have read similar type of books. It's kind of repeative.
Johnny Bobby
Aug 03, 2015 Johnny Bobby rated it really liked it
It really felt like Wendy was sitting in her big purple chair talking directly to me! Although I don't 100% agree with everything she says, it was still very funny to see her side of things
Erin
Aug 20, 2013 Erin rated it it was ok
Meh... I really thought I'd love this but it's not for me. In some instances the advice was good but for the most part I'd rather be reading anything else.
Ileana Pacheco
Oct 09, 2014 Ileana Pacheco rated it did not like it
Pretty much like reading a silly magazine. Fun when you don't want to think or have nothing better to do.
Tiara
Ok

it's an advice book most of the questions are things I don't need help with.it was funny at times though.
Joy Grey
Oct 30, 2015 Joy Grey rated it really liked it
I like Wendy and the advice she gives. I can't say that I agree with everything, but the book was entertaining.
Chris Gordon
Dec 26, 2013 Chris Gordon rated it liked it
Easy read. Sort of disappointed since I didn't take much away from it. Loved reading her blunt answers to everyone's questions- quite entertaining.
Tracee
Aug 07, 2013 Tracee rated it liked it
I thought the book was okay; it was a quick, entertaining read. I mostly agreed with her advice, especially when it comes to work relations.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • It's Hard to Fight Naked
  • Love Him or Leave Him, But Don't Get Stuck With the Tab: Hilarious Advice for Real Women
  • Never Say Never: Finding A Life That Fits
  • The Sunday Only Christian (Still Divas #3)
  • The Globalisation of Love
  • Snapped
  • The Revenge of Anguished English: More Accidental Assaults Upon Our Language
  • Transgender Liberation: A Movement Whose Time Has Come
  • The Pure Heart of Yoga: Ten Essential Steps for Personal Transformation
  • Anything But Ordinary Addie: The True Story of Adelaide Herrmann, Queen of Magic
  • Damn Yankees: Twenty-Four Major League Writers on the World's Most Loved (and Hated) Team
  • The Wealth of My Mother's Wisdom: The Lessons That Made My Life Rich
Wendy Joan Williams is an American media personality and New York Times bestselling author. She hosts her own syndicated talk show, The Wendy Williams Show. Williams is known for being a former DJ in New York City, where she gossiped about entertainers and conducted celebrity interviews. Williams gained notoriety for her on-air spats with celebrities. Her books include the New York Times bestselle ...more
More about Wendy Williams...