Start by marking “The Silver Dream (InterWorld, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Silver Dream (InterWorld, #2)

The Silver Dream (InterWorld #2)

3.5  ·  Rating Details ·  2,526 Ratings  ·  276 Reviews
Sixteen-year-old Joey Harker has just saved the Altiverse—the dimension that contains all the myriad Earths—from complete destruction. After mastering the ability to walk between dimensions, Joey and his fellow InterWorld Freedom Fighters are on a mission to maintain peace between the rival powers of magic and science who seek to control all worlds.

When a stranger named Ac
Published April 15th 2013 by Middle Grade

To ask other readers questions about The Silver Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Silver Dream

Rush by Eve SilverArclight by Josin L. McQueinUnraveling by Elizabeth NorrisUnbreakable by Elizabeth NorrisCrush by Nicole  Williams
#TeaTime Books
13th out of 16 books — 1 voter
The Butterfly Lion by Michael MorpurgoDear Olly by Michael MorpurgoChasing the Milky Way by Erin E. MoultonTracing Stars by Erin E. MoultonFlutter by Erin E. Moulton
E-Library [vol.3]
62nd out of 100 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Robyn
I'm not ok with the false advertising of this book. I put this on my Kindle wishlist because I own the first Interworld novel and had felt it was a reasonably good book, and because I tend to enjoy Neil Gaiman's work. On Amazon the listing is "The Silver Dream by Neil Gaiman, Michael Reaves and Mallory Reaves". The cover art of this book has 3 different font sizes. The largest font, right up near the top, perfectly centered, in bright white, says "NEIL GAIMAN MICHAEL REAVES". Beneath the giant ...more
Dean
Aug 09, 2013 Dean rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, after reading "Interworld" and being such a huge Gaiman fan I was honor-bound to read this.

This time I entered eyes wide open.

Neil Gaiman did not write this book.
Neil Gaiman came up with the concept.
Michael and Mallory Reaves wrote this book.
Ok, now I won't scale my expectations.

It was still "blah."
Not saying "bad."
It was nowhere near "bad," but it was "blah."

I felt like Reaves spent an awful lot of time reacquainting the reader with the worlds created, the powers used, the past trials and t
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
Este libro me gustó mucho y es, quizá, porque llegamos a conocer más a este montón de Joey Harkers que aparecen por ahí, a las organizaciones de Maldecimal, Lo Binario, InterMundo e incluso de los Agentes del Tiempo. Vamos, que el mundo loco que van creando Gaiman y Reaves se va haciendo más complejo y más difícil de imaginar con cada página que pasa, pero es genial... y muy original.

En El Sueño de Plata vemos que Joey ya es un activo regular de InterMundo, participa en misiones y tiene su prop
Was this really written by Neil Gaiman? There are three names on the cover, and there's been very little fuss about this, so I'm going to guess the answer is "no" - he may have had input but this wasn't a real Gaiman effort. It definitely read as though the author(s) weren't really thinking this through as much as they could have.

This is a sequel to InterWorld, and Joey is slowly - maybe - getting accepted by the others. He and his team are on a mission that goes badly, and somewhere along the w
Wulfran David
Sep 22, 2016 Wulfran David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me encanta. De la forma más sencilla en que pueda expresarlo, me encanta. El mundo creado, la amabilidad en la escritura, la versatilidad de sus secuencias. De manera simple, me encanta y espero con alegría el tercero.
Elizabeth Moreau Nicolai
Full review here.

Bottom Line: Fast paced, action filled book that will be enjoyed by readers of the first Interworld novel but probably not independently. Recommended for libraries who own the first book.

This is a case of a sequel absolutely not standing on its own. If you haven't read Interworld, go read it, it's fantastic. Then come back and read The Silver Dream. The story began in the first novel of a teen who gets lost on a class field trip and in his confusion "walks" between worlds contin
Rebecca (whymermaids)
The Silver Dream picks up two years after InterWorld left off, and Joey Harker is, if not well-liked, at least a substantial member of the group. His team is out on a mission when things go wrong and they’re saved by a strange female named Acacia, who turns out to be more important than she’s letting on. In addition, the evil forces of HEX and Binary are coming together and not everyone at InterWorld can be trusted.

Whereas InterWorld was filled with heavy scientific jargon, The Silver Dream was
Бранимир Събев
Поредната книжка на Нийл Геймън! Това е продължението на МеждуСвят, романчето, писано в съавторство с Майкъл Рийвс. Доколкото подразбрах, в това продължение не участва Геймън, язък. Дописано е от другия автор, Майкъл и щерката му Малъри. Аман от шуробажданащина, да ви кажа, среща се под път и над път - не само в политиката, не само в България.

След овладяването на способността да броди между различните измерения, Джоуи Харкър и неговите другари – борци за свободата на мултивселената МеждуСвят, им
Fate's Lady
Sep 17, 2016 Fate's Lady rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
When an author's name is at the TOP of a book cover in HUGE block letters, you sort of expect that author to have written the book. Unfortunately, this book was not written by Neil Gaiman, but by his partner in the Interworld novel Michael Reeves, and Michael's daughter.

This book falls victim to middle-of-a-trilogy syndrome. There is very little action in this book. We spend a lot of time re-hashing everything that happened in Book 1, and then segue immediately into setting up the conflict for
Alex Sarll
Interworld seems to have been one of Neil Gaiman's least noticed books. Yes, it's a collaboration with Michael Reaves, but I'd read and enjoyed his Shattered World years back, so it still seemed worth a look. And it wasn't great. I'd always thought a story with multiple parallel world versions of the same character as all the leads might be brilliant, but it sits badly with a young adult school-style setting - how can you have the protagonist be the requisite special-but-ostracised kid when they ...more
Daniel
Jan 05, 2014 Daniel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lol. Pasti saya korban kesekian yang ketipu sama buku ini. :v

Harusnya saya sudah curiga dengan tulisan Neil Gaiman yang gede-gede dan luar biasa mencolok di depan itu. Lagi pula, seingat saya Gaiman cuma ngeluarin dua buku sepanjang tahun 2013 kemarin: The Ocean At The End Of The Lane sama Fortunately The Milk. Sekuel Interworld ini kayaknya agak cukup mengejutkan.

Pantesan aja. Soalnya bukan doi yang nulis :v Strategi pemasaran yang bagus menurut saya dengan menuliskan penulis sebenarnya kecil-k
Matthew
May 04, 2013 Matthew rated it it was ok
Shelves: science-fiction
It is a perfectly readable book. But as a follow on to Interworld I was hoping for more. The 'subtle hints' lacked in subtlety. The romantic subplot seemed a bit forced and unnecessary.

I may just be judging it too harshly, having loved the first book (which I may also be remembering in an overly good light, I've not read since it was practically new out), but it just didn't live up to my expectations.
Jenn
Apr 24, 2013 Jenn rated it really liked it
3.85 stars -- Most of this book I enjoyed. At first, the plethora of characters who are almost Joey Harker drove me crazy, but (somehow, magically), Reaves managed to make each one an individual person. I liked the story, only partially saw the twists coming, and loved the ending! And while not his book, there is a certain Gaiman-esque feeling to the whole thing (which is good, as Gaiman tends to be careful about what he signs his name/brand to).
Shmarya
Jun 28, 2013 Shmarya rated it did not like it
Juvenile, shallow and confusing. Even though Gaiman's name is on the cover, this is not a Gaiman novel. It lacks his insight, thoughtfulness, depth and grit. There is none of his patented darkness, and the writing is mediocre at best. The plot is confused and unwinds slowly and without subtlety. Not recommended.
Constance
Jul 20, 2016 Constance rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pero, ¿Qué clase de idiota lee el segundo libro antes que el primero? Yo, obviamente. Como siempre, Neil Gaiman no me ha decepcionado, a pesar de que no había leído el primero, fue capaz de engancharme en la historia desde el primer momento, los personajes son maravillosos y a mayoría del tiempo logró mantenerme en suspenso. Al menos para mi, no fue un libro que pudiera predecir fácilmente.
Karen ⊰✿
Petty good book 2 that retains the fast pace and episodic nature of the first book. Unfortunately it is one of those series books where it lands on a cliffhanger and is really just setting up the next book in the series, but because it is only 250 pages long I don't mind that so much. I guess it means I need to get to book 3 in order to complete the storyline ;)
Virginia
Better than the first of the series, the Altiverse takes an even more perilous turn. Of course it ends on a cliffhanger. Looking forward to the next one.
Rut Ing
Nov 22, 2013 Rut Ing rated it it was amazing
Loved it ... even though I would have liked to continue further with the story - but, as they say - patience is a virtue ;)
Paul Nash
Nov 23, 2016 Paul Nash rated it really liked it
Teetering between a 3.5 and 3.75 stars. This was a good little YA book; fast and interesting!
It may not have been as good as book #1, but this is a trilogy, so this one just ends, without a conclusion...just stops. So I am looking forward to the conclusion in the last book, Eternity's Wheel.
Note: book 1 was written by Neil Gaiman and he came up with the story line for the entire trilogy, but books 2 and 3 were written by Michael and Mallory Reaves. Don't let this fact put you off...both Reaves
Amy "the book-bat"
I was very confused by this book. I'm guessing part of that is because I didn't realize it was a second in a series until I was well into listening. Aside from that, the time travel and multiple identities kept me guessing as to what was really happening. I would say that this book is just not my "cup of tea".
Tara Schaafsma
Nov 06, 2016 Tara Schaafsma rated it it was amazing
I liked this one more than the first. A little of the writing seems like Gaiman before he develops into a super fabulous writer, but most of it is really good and it's a good story.
Laura Martinelli
For whatever reason, I ended up liking The Silver Dream a little more than I did InterWorld. I don’t know if it’s because I got more of a plot or exploration of the multiverse that got discussed in the first book; or if it’s the fact that I looked at this and didn’t hold to it as high of my expectations. (This is not to dismiss Michael Reaves. I think this book flows a lot better since it feels like he’s handling the majority of the writing. And not to say that the first book was badly written, ...more
Nina
Nov 17, 2016 Nina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, neil-gaiman
Cliffhanger!!!
Anthony Chan
Oct 18, 2016 Anthony Chan rated it really liked it
Very Doctor Who-like. Great stuff.
Nadine
Oct 09, 2016 Nadine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I guai che combina lui, non li combina mai nessuno! è tornato colui che ha Camminato per la prima volta ne "Il ragazzo dei mondi infiniti" con nuove fantastiche avvventure! Ma chi è la nuova ragazza che è arrivata a Base Town con Joey (e non Joe XD) e la sua squadra? Come mai sa più cose lei sull'IM, che Joey? Cos'è FrostNight? Riusciranno i Camminatori a mantenere l'equilibrio o una minaccia più grande li sovrasterà?

Tutte domande che troveranno risposta là dove Joey torna: ne "Il sogno d'argent
Puspita Hapsari
Oct 09, 2016 Puspita Hapsari rated it it was ok
what you get when Gaiman's world is being explored and narrated by somebody else.
John
Jan 25, 2016 John rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Silver Dream, story by Neil Gaiman & Michael Reaves, written by Michael & Mallory Reaves (Book #2 of the InterWorld series) is both better and not as good as its predecessor.

The story in this one is better. My main complaint about the first book in the series is that it read more like the outline of a TV show concept (which is what it is) than a fully fleshed out novel. The Silver Dream works as a cohesive, contained novel. As such, it's more compelling.

Joey Harker has been with Inte
Ана Хелс
Oct 17, 2015 Ана Хелс rated it really liked it
Не знам на кого да препоръчам тази поредица повече – на любителите на Геймън, или феновете на научната фантастика, или почитателите на книгите за млади подрастващи, в които няма вампири и върколаци. Всъщност, подвеждам последните – тук има един вампир, и един върколак – е, поне е нещо космато, и вие, и май нещо като ангел, заедно с андроиди, мутанти, пътешественици във времето, магьосници и разни други неща, за които само Хокинг може да ви даде обяснение. И повечето са просто вариации на един и ...more
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Okay, so the first thing I have to say has absolutely nothing to do with the content of the book, okay? I have to say it, though. I hate when books are ascribed to the content creator over the authors. I mean, ideas are important, but the heavy lifting on this book was done by Michael and Mallory Reaves, not Neil Gaiman, but they want his name to sell the book, because, let's be honest, tons of people will not notice he didn't actually write it. I just think that's ridiculous. Rant over.

As much
Aelvana
Aug 13, 2015 Aelvana rated it really liked it
Joey Harker has more or less settled in at InterWorld, the organization made up of alternate-world versions of himself. Because Joey has the power to Walk between worlds (and so do many of his alternates), InterWorld fights both the technology-oriented Binary and the magic-oriented HEX who want to use his powers to conquer the worlds. All of them. And hopefully InterWorld can save a few more Joey Harkers along the way.

But all that Joey thought he knew is upended by a strange girl that can do wh
  • The Dead Gentleman
  • The Triad of Finity (Oliver Nocturne, #6)
  • Lost Train of Thought (The Seems, #3)
  • Time Pullers
  • Assault (Recon Team Angel, #1)
  • The Cydonian Pyramid (The Klaatu Diskos, #2)
  • The Geomancer's Compass
  • Villains Rising (The Cloak Society, #2)
  • City of Shadows (TimeRiders, #6)
  • Ghosts (Hex, #3)
  • Earthfall
  • Virus Attack (Hero.Com, #2)
  • Darkest Night (Department 19, #5)
  • Two For Eternity
  • Crossfire (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #8)
  • False Covenant (Widdershins Adventures, #2)
  • The Dragonlord's Heir (The Ascalon Trilogy, #1)

InterWorld (3 books)
  • InterWorld (InterWorld, #1)
  • Eternity's Wheel

“All that majesty, all that infinite variety of energy, and all we see is a narrow little slice of it: seven measly colors.” 0 likes
“The In-Between somehow makes you feel grimy, like all those sights and sounds and sensations and smells have stuck to you, like you've been rolling around in a preschool art class's trash can.” 0 likes