Start by marking “A Girl, A Guy and A Ghost” as Want to Read:
A Girl, A Guy and A Ghost

A Girl, A Guy and A Ghost

A slightly clumsy reporter who must find a ghost to save her job.

A yummy private eye who provides a big distraction.

But when somebody tries to kill her the question becomes whether she'll find a ghost or be turned into one.
Published November 4th 2012 by Zuzalley Books (first published December 30th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Girl, A Guy and A Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Girl, A Guy and A Ghost

Kathy
Dec 20, 2012 Kathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Giselle is a paranormal reporter who has three days to file a real ghost story. She decides to go to Savannah, GA because it's allegedly full of ghosts. In one weekend, she becomes the target for murder and meats an incredibly hot PI. Some good sex action there!

The story line became increasingly silly but I liked the characters. Fun read.
Sydney Baily
Apr 19, 2013 Sydney Baily rated it liked it
Patricia Mason's story had me laughing throughout. Loved the chemistry between the hero and heroine. The story had a great, lighthearted feel, but also believable seriousness and danger. Very much enjoyed it, especially the heroine's inner monologue as she analyzed each situation in her head. Very funny. Sensual, too.
C.S. S Bernhardt
Gisell Hunter is on assignment for the magazine she works for to find a ghost in Savannah or she'll lose her job. Gisell goes from one bobbled experience to another. She has a way of creating mayhem wherever she goes.
This book is full of unique charaters. Patricia Mason's brings her characters to life and what fun characters they are. This is a fast fun read and I highly recommend it.
Kryn
May 05, 2015 Kryn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it but there's just one thing that bothered me--

They can have detailed sex but they can't swear??
Vykki
Apr 23, 2014 Vykki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fun
This was like a ride on a roller coaster. I find it delightful funny this is a great book for lite book.
Mary
Jul 29, 2016 Mary rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-copy
Loved the feel for this book, It was a quick read .
Cara
Aug 27, 2013 Cara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book could be pretty good if the author went back in a changed a few things. I started to get very annoyed by the characters and the writing style less than 1/3 of the way through the book. By the time I was near the end of the book I was struggling to finish it.

Here are a few things I think need to be addressed to make it an easier read:
1) Please use pronouns. I know the characters names and don't need to be reminded multiple times a paragraph. Giselle did this, Giselle said that, this la
Carol Perlaky
May 03, 2013 Carol Perlaky rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book, I really did ... but Giselle and Ry, as lead characters, did not appeal to me. The secondary characters were what saved this book for me.

I got tired of Giselle being described as "overweight" after the first time it happened in the story. However, it seemed that her weight (the heroine being a size 10, according the author, is apparently considered 'overweight') is a running theme throughout every scrape/argument/insult slinging fest the 'heroine' encounters ... and
Cryssy Matz
May 27, 2014 Cryssy Matz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will admit it, I one clicked this book when it was free because the title caught my eye. It took awhile, but I was finally able to read it and I loved it...
Meet Giselle, a take psychic sent to Savannah,GA to write a ghost story and have actual proof of it. While trying to find a ghost, she literally runs into Ry twice. She thinks he's hot but also rude. Still, she keeps pursuing her goal of a good ghost story. She searches out a psychic investigator and wouldn't you know it, its Ry. Sparks fly
Ria Lize
Dec 08, 2012 Ria Lize rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What this book does well in is the humour.

All the characters,no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, seemed to be there for the purpose of ..well, entertainment. They will make you chuckle in some way or another. This book just flowed really well and required no brain cells whatsoever. My kind of light-hearted Christmas read. ;D

I just didn't like that Ry, the male lead in this book, was a jerk in some points and just because he was good looking, it made it all okay. Fortunately, it died
Nancy
Oct 29, 2013 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy mysteries and when I read the book description I thought I'd give it a shot. When I started to read this I found I was sucked in by the author's quick wit and character descriptions. Yes the grammar was in need of a good editor...but that aside, the hilarity of this story more than compensated for the need for grammar. I found myself laughing out loud during many of the scenes. And having grown up on Bugs Bunny...the original, I absolutely loved the reference to Pepe Le Pew. I ...more
Judy
Apr 18, 2013 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Girl, A Guy And a Ghost by Patricia Mason
Poor Giselle Hunter seems to be one of those gals where trouble just shows up. If she’s there, so is trouble. She heads for Savannah, Georgia on a mission to find a ghost and save her job, once again she ends up in hot water. From a French artist who won’t let go to a New Orleans so-called vampire. A drunken tour guide, nudist wizard and nutty medium. Let us not forget the handsome man, who she wouldn’t mind attracting. But she needs a ghost, not troubl
Kimber
Apr 11, 2014 Kimber rated it it was ok
Good potential

this is a 2.5 rating. the relationship between the hero and heroine was not very believable. first time they meet: he's giving her the appreciative eye; second time: downright ticked; third time: kicks her out of his office; fourth time: makes out with her in a closet after a angrily chasing her? then they quickly jump into bed together, with no relationship and she is surprised that she has to walk the 'walk of shame' the next day? give your heroine some self respect and some back
Judy
Apr 18, 2013 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Girl, A Guy And a Ghost by Patricia Mason
Adrienne Testa
Giselle is on assignment from her magazine. She needs to find a true ghost and write an article or she will be out of a job. Ryland is a local man, with a mother who professes to have physic abilities. Simple story girl meets guy, has sex, breaks up and then can't live without each other. Giselle and Ry are trying to learn who is trying to kill her. The story starts out amusing then slowly drones on, the characters less and less funny as you struggle to the end. By the time you get to the end, ...more
Cathi
Oct 24, 2012 Cathi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story wasn't bad. There is romance, sex (too graphic for me), a mystery and Savannah. I got this book because ever since I visited Savannah I've been reading anything I can that takes place there. The mystery wasn't very mysterious but it made a plot. Anyone with at least half a brain would figure it all out by the half way point of the book. The writing style wasn't bad but the editing was atrocious. And the humor-points to the author for trying but mostly is seemed forced and not really ...more
Colleen
Apr 24, 2013 Colleen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I bought this via the Kindle store as a freebie. I'm glad.

The thing is that I bought it without looking at the cover. That's a romance book's cover if I ever saw one. I was just hoping for ghosts and funny. 4 chapters in, the main character and her love interest are inexplicably locked in a closet rubbing up against one another. Ok...seriously, why do I care? How does this sex scene add to the ghost hunter story I'm trying to follow?

I stopped reading when they got cozy in the closet. Bleah.
Jenika Ioffreda
Jul 14, 2015 Jenika Ioffreda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.
Free download from Amazon kindle.
Funny and pleasant story about a reporter looking for a ghost for an article of her magazine ending up finding much more (a Mr. Scrumptious, an artist with a funny accent and resembling a skunk, a nudist wizard (?), a mother-in-law from hell and (of course) the ghost.
I didn't like much the easiness in talking about possessing weapons but apart from this it was quite a nice book.
I am definitely curious to read more books by this author.
Sue Parker
Jun 27, 2013 Sue Parker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my! I have not had this much fun reading a book in a while! Gisele is a reporter and she needs to find a ghost for her story. She keeps bumping, literally into Ry. She knocks him down,spills drinks on him and that's just the first night. The mad cap adventures take her on a phony ghost tour, a date with a skunk who thinks he is an artist, a bad run in with a psychic and a crazy nude guy. I have to say I chuckled all the way thru this book.
A Book Junky's Obsession
This story is hilariously funny! The commentary going on in Giselle’s head is so funny it had me laughing many times! The little twists and turns with all the characters surprised me a few times and made for even more funny and interesting moments. If you need a good laugh, this book is definitely for you! A Book Junky's Obsession - http://myopenlife2001.wordpress.com/2...
Kathleen Yohanna
May 08, 2014 Kathleen Yohanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"A Girl, a Guy and a Ghost" by Patricia Mason was offered for free on Kindle through the Goodreads site.

The book was a fast read and just the thing I needed at this time. It was funny and the character sure were different. I did think that Giselle was unnecessarily mean to some of the characters and she claimed that Ry was mean. However, I enjoyed it and will look for other books by this author.
April Hesler
Nov 06, 2013 April Hesler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, quick read. It had me laugh out loud.
Giselle is a Ghost Hunter, a fake one, but still - it's a job... until her boss realizes she's a fake and gives her a weekend to write about a true encounter. Giselle ends up in Savannah, Georgia, one of America's most haunted city... this story follows her incredibly clumsy encounters.
Christy
Mar 14, 2015 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better than I expected! This paranormal romance revolves around characters that are mostly not paranormal but rather hilarious indeed. It is a sweet, silly story revolving around improbable circumstances and characters and ending with a HEA. A light, fun read that made me giggle aloud.
Randi Alexander
Apr 13, 2012 Randi Alexander rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very funny book, well written plot. Lots of wonderful sex scenes. The only reason I didn't give it a five is because the heroine didn't seem to have any emotion. Attempts were made on her life, and we didn't see any fear, panic, stress. Overall, the book was a wonderful read and I'll look for more from Ms. Mason.
M
Sep 26, 2013 M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Giselle Hunter is in Savannah to write a story about a ghost for her magazine. But first she has to find a ghost. On the way, she runs into a vampire, his girlfriend, an artiste, some thugs, a boyfriend, boyfriend's mother and boyfriend's mother's boyfriend. Wonderful fun. The writing is totally captivating. I'll be looking for more of author Patricia Mason's books from now on.
Nanee Mcgee

A paranormal reporter on a quest to find ghosts meets a sexy as hell PI. This book is full of crazy, quirky, funny and wacky characters. I enjoyed the story to a certain extent but wanted more, I got a little irritated or frustrated with the plot here and there. I thought it could have been better. 3 stars
Ambs ❤❤
This book was a fun and upbeat book. I like how the author did not actually cuss, which was a breath of fresh air (although I personally have a sailor's mouth). I also enjoyed the subtlety of the bedroom scenes, which allowed the reader to make it as innocent or naughty as they felt comfortable with.
Kyra Dunst
Aug 05, 2016 Kyra Dunst rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a zany, quirky story with a seriously chaos prone girl, a grumpy-but-sexy guy, and of course, a ghost. Throw in a moody psychic, a nudist wizard, and a few wannabe vampires, and the you can't help but laugh. If you are looking for a lighthearted humorous story, look no further. I would recommend this author to others.
Maureen
Mar 02, 2013 Maureen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like Ms. Mason's humor - another laugh out loud read for me. I do enjoy a sexy romance wrapped up in some genuine hilarity. I thought Ry was awesome. It's a nice change of pace from the intense, angsty stuff I am so often drawn to.
Terrie Stamey
Nov 10, 2015 Terrie Stamey rated it it was amazing
A Girl, A Guy and A Ghost-So funny and spooky!

This was a surprise for me. It was very enjoyable to read such a great story of romance, spooky people, and even a real ghost! Kept me reading and being entertained the whole way through. Great read and a new favourite author.
  • Chained (Decorah Security #2)
  • Keep Me Ghosted (Sophie Rhodes Ghostly Romance #1)
  • Dead Again
  • The Ghost Pirate's Treasure: Mystery of the Jaguar Warrior (Paranormally Yours, #1)
  • Dirty Dare: The Rescue (Dirty Dare, #1)
  • Every Breath You Take (Blonde Barracuda, #3)
  • The Bachelor Pact (The Bachelor Pact, #1-3)
  • First Time Killer
  • I'll See You In Your Dreams
  • Rainy Nights 4
  • Dark Seduction (Altered States)
  • Behind Closed Doors (Sisters of Spirit, #2)
  • Witch Weigh
  • The Dream Jumper's Promise (Dream Jumper, #1)
  • Into the Darkness (Darkness, #1)
  • The Ghost Hunter (The Hunter, #1)
  • Gambling on Love (Travis Series #1)
  • Retribution (Dominion, #3)
Patricia Mason writes steamy contemporary and paranormal romance under the name Patricia Mason and young adult paranormal romance and urban fantasy. She escaped from the snowy Midwest winters of her youth by moving in 2001 to a beautiful, historic city in Georgia to pursue her dream of being a novelist. Her home is ruled by two black cats. For more titles by the author, visit www.prmason.net. You ...more
More about Patricia Mason...