Start by marking “Room at the Edge (Room at the Top, #2)” as Want to Read:
Room at the Edge (Room at the Top, #2)
Preview

Room at the Edge (Room at the Top #2)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  428 ratings  ·  73 reviews
Three sexy men, one hot relationship. In Room at the Top, devoted sub couple Jay and Austin went looking for a no-strings attached Dom and ended up falling for Liam, who, much to his surprise, turned out to be the Dom of their dreams. But their happy ending was only the beginning of their story.

Now Jay is begging Liam to turn up the heat with fire play and Austin wants the
Published December 18th 2012 by Loose Id.

To ask other readers questions about Room at the Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Room at the Edge

The Angel by Tiffany ReiszDefensive Zone by Bianca SommerlandRoom at the Edge by Jane DavittSubmission to Desire by Leah BrookeYours to Take by Joely Sue Burkhart
Favourite BDSM ménage 2012
3rd out of 5 books — 54 voters
Power Play by Rachel HaimowitzPower Play by Rachel HaimowitzThe Island by Lisa HenrySins of the Father by Fyn AlexanderPower Exchange by A.J.  Rose
Favourite BDSM M-M 2012
9th out of 17 books — 93 voters

More lists with this book...

Jenre
3.75 stars rounded up to 4.

Room at the Edge is the sequel to Room at the Top, a book I liked a great deal. This story is a continuation of Jay, Austin and Liam's journey together. At the end of the first book, the three men were starting to move away from it just being Jay and Austin as a sub couple who visit Dom Liam to fulfil their need for submission, and more towards Liam being a more cohesive part of their lives and their relationship. I was looking forward to seeing the three men work thro
Anke
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
As good as the first one this novel is going on my favorites shelf. I am still in love with Liam just as much and he is one of the best Dom's I've read in fiction. All three characters grow here and discover and learn. They communicate, when prompted and sometimes forced, but that's very true to life. None of us wants to reveal everything to everyone (momma always said keep a little mystery and you keep the spark!).

Austin and Jay realize much sooner than Liam that the relationship will fizzle if
Kaje Harper
This sequel shows the three men from Room at the Top figuring out how to live together and move their relationship forward. This book felt a little heavier on the sex than the previous one, and also a little more intense with the BDSM. As someone who is not always comfortable with the SM part of that, I had problems at times with the level of pain that Jay wanted and needed. That's not a fault of the book, but a matter of my own comfort zones (and a mild pyrophobia.)

I did wish there was more in
Virginia
Shannon
May 03, 2013 Shannon rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Shannon by: Laura
Shelves: gbc-finished
God, the sex in this book is off the freaking charts. There were a couple things I wish Liam had done, like rimming, but overall super hot. I loved seeing how hard these three were trying to make things work and how they really no longer were a couple with a Dom but a threesome. Left me wondering if it was really going to work seeing as they were hiding it from everyone but still a HFN that made me happy.
Emma Sea
I read it, but I'm not rating it. I don't know if maybe I'm over the whole BDSM genre, or if this book simply had the misfortune to be the one I read immediately after Not His Kiss to Take.
Debra
I enjoyed this sequel to Room at the Top almost as much as the first book.

Liam, Jay and Austin are working on moving their relationship forward, and integrating each other into their lives beyond the bedroom. Liam is still working on accepting both his sexuality and his place in the relationship with Jay and Austin. Jay is asking for more intense scenes that will push him further than Liam is certain he wants to go, while Austin is showing a desire for full time submission to Liam. As if figuri
Kristie
I really, really, really, hope that a third book comes out. I just love Jay, Austin, and Liam. The love they share is so beautiful and pure. They're all so open and understanding, my heart feels so happy. This is a fantastic follow up to Room at the Top.
Vivian
Verra, verra nice. Good development in tying Liam, Jay, and Austin closer together in their relationship in this follow up to Room at the Top. The men are stretching themselves from just playing to being. The strides made by Liam and Jay are especially impressive.

We really get to see more of Jay and how Liam is able to wrangle him in and help him find his submission. It isn't easy. Austin and Jay have different needs, but Liam is amazing--patient, caring, and takes no bullshit. He gives them a
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
3.5 stars. The same things I loved from the first book exist here, though this one seemed a bit more drawn out. Liam still seems like the outsider, though I'm not sure that can ever really change. Austin and Jay are still the super sweet couple. They move in to Liam's newly renovated home to give themselves more time together and hopefully mesh their lives a little bit more.

The distinct differences in both Austin and Jay's needs become more defined in this story as Liam finds ways to become the
Dee Wy
It was such a pleasure to spend time again with one of my favorite threesomes. Having the time to get to know Jay and Austin a lot better was great, and seeing Liam somewhat vulnerable at times made me appreciate him even more.

Loved the addition of fire play to the story, even it was not a very long scene. Would love to see more of this in BDSM books. The ending was just what you would hope for, an HEA with great promise for their future together.
Gigi
Not quite as fun as the first book, but still a damn good time. Please read my review of Room at the Top for my thoughts on this threesome.

Highly recommended!
Barb ~rede-2-read~
In this sequel to Room at the Top, Liam, Austin and Jay further develop their relationship as Liam finally admits to being bisexual and the threesome decide they need more than just one weekly session together. After a brief period of extended visits to test their ability to live together, Liam remodels his basement into an apartment and the guys move in with him, using the basement apartment as a cover for neighbors and family.

Although they all struggle at some point with envy during the few o
Beck
rounded up to

WOW...basically every fetish & kink left out of the first novel makes an appearance in this one! Davitt writes very well & the characters remained true to the characteristics introduced in the first novel (Room at the Top)...but for me, I didn't need this book...I actually preferred my imagined scenario for their HEA rather than the one provided by Davitt...I was uncomfortable with the depth of Jay's masochistic desires & that made me uncomfortable with the depth of Li
Mandi
Another great read by this author duo. Loved the three of these guys together, but I still felt like they have more of their story to tell at the end. And MY GOD THE SEX WAS SO HOT!!! Seriously worth the price just to read the sex scenes. :)

Shelby P
I'm not sure what happened with this book compared to the first in the series. I just loved the first book. This one was so dull and long and tedious to get through. There was no spark or real drama or anything.
Edina Rose
I didn't enjoy the plot and there was way too much sex for my liking.
Natalie
Dec 31, 2012 Natalie marked it as dnf
Shelves: bdsm, three-or-more
DNF. I liked the first book in the series, but this one left me cold.
Carissa
I don't know why I put off reading this one for so long. It was a really good sequel to Room at the Top and did a great job of pushing the characters' lives and relationship forward. And while fireplay scare the ever living shit out of me, I liked how it was tackled in this book. It did a great job of twisting Jay around and not only making him come to grips with what he wants, but learning how to ask for it from Liam. And learning how to trust that Liam will do what he needs to take care of tha ...more
Shelley
I got really invested in Liam, Jay and Austin in the first book so reading the sequel was a no brainer.

Overall, I liked the book. I liked getting to see how they are trying to arrange the pieces of their lives to fit together and I liked that even though they were a triad, you could still see the nuances of the individual relationships (Jay and Austin's dynamic was different from Jay and Liam's which was different from Austin and Liam's) and even though all were different, they were still pretty
Wendy Ann
Sometimes wishes and dreams really do come true! I wished so very hard for a sequel after reading “Room at the Top” and I couldn’t be more thrilled with the fulfillment of that wish. I was already completely in love with Jay and Austin from the first book and I managed to fall a little more madly in love with them after this one.

Contrary to the first book, I had no conflict with Liam this time. He fully appreciates his lovely subs and couldn’t imagine life without them. He was firm when needed,
Mercedes
Room at the Edge is the sequel to Room at the Top. I found myself liking this book as much as the first one. This book is different though as in the first book Jay, Liam and Austin come together. On this one they work through some of the challenges of their unusual relationship.

On this book the relationship between Liam and both Austin and Jay becomes more solid. Part of the initial conflict is the need from everyone to have a deeper relationship and they accomplish some of that by moving in tog
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

Delicious triad Liam, Jay and Austin return after their happily ever after. What happens after a first book ends beautifully in a happily ever after? Real life is what happens. This second installment is painful to witness because it is all too plausible. The realities of a triad between two young gay men and an older previously heterosexual male contain many obstacles. These obstacles come in the packages of family and judgmental outsiders.

Ms. Davitt and Ms. Snow do an excellent job of showing
Alvin
HOTTER. BOLDER. BETTER.

So I was a little underwhelmed with Room at the Top. That one was a little boring for me. This one was SO NOT BORING!
I think the key to this was Liam's acceptance of his bisexuality. In this one he's now openly playing and having sex with Austin & Jay. And it produced a lot of really effing steamy threesomes and BDSM scenes!!! There was a lot of sex in this one (it was almost a PWP! But I don't care!) and each scene was escalating in intensity!
My favorite was (view sp
Ruth
This is really disappointing. I enjoyed the first book more, though that one did have some issues, but this book...

Supposedly, Austin and Jay are adult men with lives and responsibilities. Going by this book, they're nothing more than sex toys. Austin is slightly more human due to his interactions with his family, but Jay seems to exist only to please Liam.

I think the worst is that Liam never turns his dom mode "off", so we only ever see him as some domineering dick. His demands went from sexy t
Vfields is fighting to be Happy!
I liked these three oddly like-able characters in the Room at the Top. Davitt and company were faithful to them in Room at the Edge and that made it a comfortable continuation of their story.
Sometimes I think I need to not over-think or over-analyses the tales I read and allow them to simply unfold. It really was a sweet love story.
Julia
Aug 05, 2014 Julia rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Julia by: Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
Shelves: bdsm, mmm, m-m
For me, this just didn't pack the same punch as the first book in the series. It continued to be insanely hot, but there was a component that was lacking for me. I needed an antagonist of some sort. The book did a great job of developing characters and the boys' relationship, but they faced no real obstacles besides themselves. As a result, I was skimming a good bit by the end.
Andrea
I liked the first book so much more. In that one I felt their connection and why they were together. In this one I kept reading about how they were connected and in love, but I never believed it. The sex was hot, and that made up about half the book. The constant whining, complaining, and doubting from all of them got old quickly.

2.75/5
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
Genre Contemporary M/M/M / Menage / BDSM

MC1 Liam
MC2 Austin
MC3 Jay

Storyline
The story picks up where Room at the Top left off. Recapping: Austin & Jay are submissives who've had their regular Dom move away & he had recommended Liam as a new Dom for them. As their D/s relationship with Liam grew so did their feelings until they all decided they wanted the arrangement to be permanent. Now that they're all in a polyamorous relationship the dynamics are quickly changing. Austin wants to serve
  • Tag Team (Guards of Folsom, #2)
  • Fun With Dick and Shane (Memoirs of a Houseboy, #1)
  • Out Of Focus
  • Under Contract
  • Bound To Please
  • Beyond the Edge (The James Lucas Trilogy, #1)
  • The Hot Floor
  • Wacky Wednesday
  • Bondage (Deviations, #4)
  • The Good Boy (Boy, #1)
  • Fettered
  • Power Play: Awakening (Power Play, #2)
  • Happily Ever After (Russian Bear, #4)
  • More (More, #1)
  • At His Throat, A Promise
  • Be Brave (Angel and the Assassin, #2)
  • Don't... (Don't..., #1)
  • Submission Times Two
When I was eight I decided to write a book. I found a notebook, scribbled a few hundred words about triplets with improbable names, and lost interest. Three decades later I still wanted to write a book, but the dim realization dawned that meant I had to actually, well, write something.

Yes, it surprised me too.

So I did. Not about triplets, but love, angst, hot and spicy smut, and for the most part
More about Jane Davitt...

Room at the Top (2 books)
  • Room at the Top (Room at the Top #1)
Bound and Determined Room at the Top (Room at the Top #1) The Square Peg (The Square Peg #1) Truthful Change Wild Raspberries (Dan & Tyler #1)