There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays

There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays (MLRPress Holiday 2012 Release #2)

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  13 reviews
For the first time in years, Mac is going home for the holidays with his best friend Connor in tow, but he certainly doesn't expect the magic of Christmas to give him the love of a lifetime.

Fashion designer, Mackenzie Grayson, has no intention of going home for Christmas...until his sister calls and uses guilt to talk him into spending two weeks over the holidays at his fa...more
ebook
Published December 6th 2012 by MLR Press LLC (first published December 5th 2012)

Nancy
Reviewed for Hearts on Fire Reviews

Shawn Lane is my go-to author when I’m looking for something sweet, sexy and uncomplicated. This story was the perfect holiday read.

Mackenzie Grayson missed Christmas with the family last year. This year, his sister wasn’t going to have it. She wants the whole family together, including Karl, her husband’s brother. Mac had a brief fling with him a couple of summers ago and worries things could be a little awkward when they meet again, even though both men were...more
Heller
2.5

Cute little throwaway about best friends traveling from Hawaii to LA to spend Christmas with one of their families. Both pining for each other but afraid to disturb the status quo. Connor was super sweet.
Ami
3.75 stars rounded up

I know that the story itself was not offering anything new. But I am a sucker for a bubbly hyper character. So I found myself smiling at Connor's adorableness (is that a word?) and went awwwwwwww-ing when I reached the end. Complete fluff but not sugary. Just the way I love it.

My only niggle was that the two boys were drinking before they finally did it. I am not one to support sex under influence plot, even if Mac did ask Connor whether he was sober enough to do it...
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This review can be found at The Armchair Reader.

Mackenzie Grayson is a relationship phobic fashion designer. Going from one guy to another suits his needs just fine after a bad break up years prior. Moving to Hawaii also did the trick where he met Connor and they became fast friends. Now, Mac is being guilted into spending the holidays with his family in Los Angeles but when Connor breaks up with his boyfriend, Mac invites him to come along. While there, with the threat of an ex-one nig...more
Janna

~~~~~
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Heat level: 2 out of 3 flames
~~~~~

I like Shawn Lane's writing and the way she can bring an everyday situation and location to life with her pen. It's easy to picture the backdrops she creates, and those are often memorable too. Even more memorable than her characters or plots sometimes.

In There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays we get the story o...more
DaisyGirl
2.5 Stars

Mackenzie Grayson is a successful fashion designer. Originally from California, he relocated to Hawaii three years ago after his ex left him broken-hearted. Since then, Mac has had many f*ck buddies but does not do relationships. Connor is Mac's BFF. Although Mac is incredibly attracted to Connor, they have remained strictly platonic. Mac is returning home to spend the holidays with his family and brings Connor along. After a night of spiked egg nog, Christmas movies, and mistletoe, Mac...more
Mrs Condit & Friends Read Books
The story was nice. It had some passionate moments, but it came out as a little rushed in my opinion. We know that things happened between Mac and a member of his extended family, but that was never satisfactorily resolves for me. The family he came home to visit we never got the opportunity to know.

Still, it’s a sweet story and does have a happy ending. If you’re looking for a short read (the story is thirty-six pages) that will give you a smile you can start here.

Please see Mr. P's complete re...more
blub

It felt a bit rushed and a little like I was reading the story from the middle to end and not start to end. Nonetheless the story was enjoyable and had just the right amount of romance. I wished the story was longer so that there could have been more character development for Connor and more background on Mackenzie (I would have liked to know what his ex did to turn him off relationships and spiral into the world of random hookups).
L-D
This was a short friends to lover story for the holidays. MacKenzie is bullied by his sister into coming home for the holidays and he ends up bringing his best friend Connor. Mac doesn't do relationships and Connor just got dumped...so of course we know what's going to happen. Cute and short.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Nancy
Genre: M/M Holiday
Rated: 4 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Rachel
I thought this was a cute, sweet story...what I expect in a Shawn Lane book.
Sandra
Jan 06, 2013 Sandra marked it as to-read
$2.99 on Nook
Zlatathebookworm
Zlatathebookworm marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Charles Qin
Charles Qin marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Candice
Candice marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2013
Taylor Kaye
Taylor Kaye marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2013
Chad
Chad marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013
melek
melek marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Shawn Lane writes gay erotic romances. She is published with Amber Quill, Silver Publishing, Ellora's Cave and Dreamspinner Press. She lives in Southern California and the majority of her books are set in California.
More about Shawn Lane...
Car Wash (Car Wash, #1) At Long Last (Scott and Preston, #1) Perfect Man Trust Pulling Away (Pulling Away, #1)