Start by marking “Mommy in My Pocket” as Want to Read:
Mommy in My Pocket

Mommy in My Pocket

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  11 reviews
In this reassuring tale about a mother's love, a little girl is nervous about leaving her mom on the first day of school. However, she lets her imagination run wild and pictures a day with Mommy in her pocket. Full color.
Published April 1st 2006 by Hyperion Books for Children

To ask other readers questions about Mommy in My Pocket, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mommy in My Pocket

Camille Ryckman
Brief summary A little girl wishes she could put her mommy in her pocket so she could experience her school day with her.
Annotation
This book is a good book to read if children are apprehensive about going to school and missing their mommy.
Age appropriateness 3-5
Connection to six early literacy skills
Print Motivation - The text matches nicely with the images and follows a school day which is interesting for children to know what might happen.
Narrative Skills - the progression of the day and kno
Shanshad Whelan
It's tough to find books that deal with separation anxiety for kids. The Kissing Hand is the usual go to, so it's nice to have some other books that address the issue. This is a sweet one that gets the point across.
Zonia
A rhyming story in which a little rabbit pretends to have a small version of her mommy to keep in her pocket near her heart during the first day of school.
Mary Ann
This is a sweet story my preschooler really enjoyed - both silly and sweet, while addressing her worries about leaving mom to go to school.
Kelly
Senderak's book has been a real comfort to some of my students struggling with the transition into school and away from home.
Karen Sage
touching childrens book which does help with separation anxiety - you know you want to read this one, heather, don't you?
Dolly
Aug 25, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
A sweet book that shows how one little girl stays close to her Mommy throughout the day by using her imagination.
Eric
A story told in rhythm and rhyme
Of a rabbit who wants Mommy near
All of the time.
Marcie
Sep 02, 2010 Marcie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Marcie by: Tina Mott
Good Kindergarten beginning of school read aloud.
Beverly
Sweet with adorable illustrations
Thia
Nov 14, 2011 Thia added it
Shelves: preschool
school, separation
Jodie Collins
Jodie Collins marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Rebecca White
Rebecca White marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Sarah added it
Feb 10, 2015
Sydney Tan
Sydney Tan marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Danica Midlil
Danica Midlil marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Rio Denille
Rio Denille marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014