Start by marking “No Longer Forbidden?” as Want to Read:
No Longer Forbidden?

No Longer Forbidden? (Makricosta Dynasty #1)

The limits of his control

Rowan O'Brien will always be the thorn in Nic Marcussen's side. She was the only woman to tempt him beyond his steely control...the only woman strictly forbidden to him.

Years later, Nic s sole focus is business the boy who grew up under a cloud of shame now has the world at his feet. Until tragedy brings Rowan back into his life and his façade beg
Published January 1st 2012 by Mills & Boon

To ask other readers questions about No Longer Forbidden?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Longer Forbidden?

Vashti
Jun 12, 2015 Vashti rated it it was amazing
What an emotional rollercoaster this book was.This was one of the most intense,emotionally stunted hero that I have read in quite a while.Abandoned by both his mother,the man he thought his father,and his real father,he was devoid of emotional attachments.That is untill the heroine appears in his life as the daughter of his father's mistress who have been a couple for 10 years until their untimely death the prior year.They meet up agsin after a 2 year interval and the sparks are flying.He thinks ...more
StMargarets
I gather from previous reviews that this is Dani Collins debut novel. It's a strong first effort, a stepbrother/stepsister story that sets up the sequel, More than a Convenient Marriage?. My volume had that story first, followed by this one, which makes no sense . . . so a heads up if you have that edition - read this one first.

Triggers: there is oblique talk of eating disorders and infertility.

The story opens with the dancer/socialite heroine arriving at her stepfather's home in Greece. She is
Dalia
Jan 16, 2013 Dalia rated it really liked it
No Longer Forbidden ? is an impressive debut novel by Dani Collins. The writing is powerful. The story is intense, emotional, with an undercurrent of sadness and loss. The focus is mainly on the 2 strong and well- portrayed main characters. Both their POV give the perfect insight to their feelings and to their turmoil.
Nic is a completely messed up hero. He had been abandoned by his mother and rejected by his father. So no wonder he doesn't understand the meaning of love or the sense of family.
R
Vintage
If you like angst, you will LOVE this one.

The hero, Nic, is emotionally stunted and cruel; Rowan, the heroine, seems to be frozen in some stasis needing her emotionally bankrupt, manipulative mother's approval and love which she never gets. No wonder she falls for the hero. He's her mother. Forgot to mention, he is that rare breed, the blonde hero.

I don't mind angst, but I am not a friend of the Heathcliff wannabe brand of cold cruelty. Okay, maybe he wasn't that bad, but if I had been with a ma
Jacqueline
Just missed out on 4 stars. Really liked this one but not quite as much as the sequel. Typical arrogant hero who thinks poorly of the heroine. She of course is not as frivolous as he had always thought. This is one of those where the older hero resents the heroine over her place in his father's heart. But of course he has always secretly lusted after her. Well written and I continue to like this author's style. One of my favorite new HP authors.
Rgreader
Didn't care for the heroine and her defense of her homewrecker parent. Didn't care the heroine harshly judged the hero because he wasn't close to a father who didn't want him close.
This heroine was selfish and that was a huge turnoff. So much I couldn't finish.
Kiki
May 02, 2017 Kiki marked it as avoid
This is a classic "it's not you, it's me" situation between me and this book!
Desere
May 14, 2014 Desere rated it it was amazing
In this read we meet Rowan she is the only woman that has ever been able to twist and turn Mr I don't love Nicodemus Marcussen 's control. He has always wanted her but due to family circumstance or rather scandals in the night she is forbidden to him.

But when tragedy hits Rowan comes back into his life and this time they are forced to confront their most forbidden desires. Only Nic has his own idea of what and who Rowan really is, and that will never change unless secrets start coming to light.
Yazmin
Feb 06, 2013 Yazmin rated it really liked it
No Longer Forbidden? by Dani Collins will twist your heart with very emotional scenes and some hot ones too.

Rowan O’Brien is going through a very rough time in her life. It’s been almost a year since her mother and her mother’s lover disappeared on a plane crash. Now she must come to a decision on what to do with her life.

Nic Marcussen grew up under a cloud of shame rejected by both his mother and father.Read More...
Tali
Sep 09, 2013 Tali rated it liked it
I'm undecided about this book. Most of the time while reading it, I really liked it and thought the romance developing between the two characters was quite sweet. However, at other times I wanted to hit the hero's, Nic's, head against a wall to stop him from being so mean all the time. Definitely a character that runs very hot and cold. You can completely understand why the heroine, Rowan, is so confused by him. Anyway, a nice quick read and definitely a pleasant book with which to spend an afte ...more
Victoria Parker
Jan 16, 2013 Victoria Parker rated it it was amazing
Dani Collins is one of the new 'voices' in Harlequin Presents and her debut is a heartfelt emotional feast for the reader. With great characterisation (you cannot help but adore Rowan, the heroine) and a unique twist to the usual tropes No Longer Forbidden is a must read for Modern fans and romance lovers everywhere. Highly recommended.
Akina
Mar 21, 2014 Akina rated it it was ok
Not my favorite type of story. The h is the pursuer while the H dodges and belittles her at every turn. Yet I was compelled to finish the story since I read and loved MORE THAN A CONVENIENT MARRIAGE by the same author. Plus, it was interesting to see how the H's eyes were slowly opened to reveal the true character of the h
Tia
Jan 16, 2013 Tia rated it really liked it
Decent enough read. I actually thought it was pretty good. The hero was a bit twisted and confused but it was great seeing the hero and heroine finally together. In this novel, I adored the heroine completely.
Pravana
Nov 10, 2013 Pravana rated it it was ok
A bit of a tragic tale. The gradual shift in the hero's opinion about the heroine, when facts come to light about the reality of the heroine's life as it actually was, as compared to what is perceived by the media and public in general, was very well written.
Jenny
Mar 09, 2013 Jenny rated it it was ok
Pretty good but not at all happy with the ending :(
Liba
May 06, 2017 Liba rated it it was amazing
Nic is the son of a Greek mother and a Scandinavian father,both married to others.His biological father,Olief, has paid for his education and gave him a job,but never was a real father to him.His mother's husband, has cut off his interaction with half-brothers and sister.
Rowan is half-italian, her mother being Olief's mistress.Olief treated Rowan as a daughter ,indulged her.She is a ballerina who had an injury and can't dance anymore.
An year ago their parents went missing with their plane.Now Ro
Amara
Feb 15, 2017 Amara rated it it was amazing
Holy angst fest!!! This had my heart clenching, and a lump in my throat. Seriously. This hero was so tortured, and suffered because he believed no one ever loved him. Poor fella, I'll love him.
Charline Bonham
Aug 22, 2015 Charline Bonham rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Book #1 was provided for my reading pleasure along with the other 2 books in the series.
Rowan O'Brien and Nicodemus Marcussen clash any time they are together. It takes them a long time to come to understand each other. I could not wait to read the other books.
Amanda
Feb 02, 2015 Amanda rated it it was amazing
What a debut - Dani Collins writes like a pro!
Teresa
Nov 18, 2014 Teresa rated it liked it
Good read with well developed characters.
L H
Dec 03, 2015 L H rated it liked it
3.5
Annie Burrows
Feb 04, 2013 Annie Burrows rated it liked it
This was an impressive debut from Dani Collins, and I'll certainly be looking out for more stories from her.
K
Oct 16, 2014 K rated it liked it
Shelves: l-amour
So much torment.
Jennifer Drogell
Mar 08, 2013 Jennifer Drogell rated it it was amazing
An emotional, passionate read and a great debut! Loved it.
Tilda
May 27, 2014 Tilda rated it really liked it
3,5 stars
Dee
Apr 29, 2014 Dee rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2014
very mills and boon-ish - totally cheesy but a quick/cute read
Susanna Moss
Nov 18, 2015 Susanna Moss rated it really liked it
Emotional. Intense. Touching.
ZainPrincess
ZainPrincess rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Amanda White
Amanda White rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Marcy
Marcy rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation
  • His Poor Little Rich Girl
  • Unlocking her Innocence
  • Girl in the Bedouin Tent
  • The Man Who Risked it All
  • One Night with the Enemy
  • A Tainted Beauty (What His Money Can't Buy #1)
  • Marriage Behind the Facade (The Al Dhakir Brothers #2)
  • Say It with Diamonds
  • Reckless Night In Rio
  • A Queen for the Taking? (The Diomedi Heirs, #3)
  • The Ultimate Playboy (21st Century Gentleman's Club #1)
  • The Thorn in His Side
  • To Defy a Sheikh
  • Sheikh Without a Heart
  • Just One Last Night
6572063
A USA Today Bestselling author, Dani Collins began writing in high school, spending more than two decades writing and submitting before she got The Call.

After a brilliant debut in the UK with No Longer Forbidden, a Mills & Boon Modern Book Of The Month in January 2013, Dani Collins saw her first Harlequin Presents, Proof Of Their Sin, win that year’s Reviewer’s Choice for First Series romance
More about Dani Collins...

Makricosta Dynasty (4 books)
  • More than a Convenient Marriage?
  • An Heir to Bind Them