Start by marking “God Is My Refuge: 12 Weeks of Devotions and Scripture Memory for Troubled Times” as Want to Read:
God Is My Refuge: 12 Weeks of Devotions and Scripture Memory for Troubled Times

God Is My Refuge: 12 Weeks of Devotions and Scripture Memory for Troubled Times

4.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  12 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
In this daily devotional, Kathy Howard combines Scripture reading, insightful commentary, personal reflection, and Scripture memory to help women draw closer to God and experience his help in the midst of life's trials.
Published January 8th 2013 by ACU Press/Leafwood Publishers

To ask other readers questions about God Is My Refuge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God Is My Refuge

Lori
Jan 25, 2013 Lori rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed God is My Refuge bible study. I think one thing churches have moved away from is memorizing scripture, I am proud to say this year my church has made the commitment to memorize 52 verses in 2013. Kathy Howard’s bible study of comfort combines commentary along with scripture memory. Each week readers are presented with a new verse to memorize and contemplate all week. And during that week, Kathy Howard shares great tips on how to remember the verse. If you are struggling spiritually or ...more
Jalynn Patterson
May 06, 2013 Jalynn Patterson rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

''In this world you will have trouble.'' Jesus said it and our life experiences prove it. From financial need and illness to loss and broken relationships, every Christian woman encounters difficulties. Most believe God can help, but many don't know where to go in t
Heather Myrick
Jan 16, 2013 Heather Myrick rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I come from a long line of worriers, so when I was asked to review a new devotional by Kathy Howard called God Is My Refuge: 12 Weeks of Devotions and Scripture Memory for Troubled Times, I was instantly on board. (As a disclosure, I was given a copy in exchange for an objective review. All opinions are mine, and are freely given.)

This twelve week devotional covers topics such as trouble, illness, fear, worry, loneliness, broken relationships, and probably the biggest thing tired moms deal with.
Caroline
Jan 09, 2013 Caroline rated it really liked it
Shelves: inspirational
Many of us have goals to read a certain number (or at least “more”) books this new year. Are you looking for a devotional filled with wisdom on leaning on God and His saving character?

God is My Refuge offers 12 weeks of devotions by Kathy Howard “for troubled times.”

This book includes twelve topical weeks, with each week split into five devotions. The devotions themselves are one-page each, followed by “reflect and apply” questions, a “prayer prompt,” and “memory minute” with tips to help memori
Samantha Cutler
Mar 29, 2013 Samantha Cutler rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy of this book through firstreads twelve weeks ago and boy has it been a thought provoking twelve weeks. I was in a car accident last October and my neck still hasn't healed from the whiplash. This devotion arrived when my pain was at a peak. Going through the devotions helped put my pain and God into the right perspective and though God has not healed me yet I am no longer waiting for that to happen to praise him. I am all for God and whatever his plans may be regardless of whet ...more
Amanda
Feb 01, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads-wins
I received this book as part of a First Reads win. This book could not have come at a better time for me. It has 12 weeks of devotions, each with five days of devotion. It has a scripture, reflection and prayer prompt for each day as well as memory minutes to help you learn part of the scripture from memory. This book is well written and I love the way it is set up. I highly recommend this book. It would also make a great gift for anyone going through tough times.
E.A.G. E.A.G.
E.A.G. E.A.G. marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Kylee
Kylee marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
April Vaughn
April Vaughn marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Tori Manganelli
Tori Manganelli marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Melinda
Melinda marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Mandy Langhirt
Mandy Langhirt marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Denise Feliz
Denise Feliz marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Jared Beebe
Jared Beebe marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Mical Cooper
Mical Cooper marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Irina
Irina marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Leanna Gonzalez
Leanna Gonzalez marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Yvonne Borunda
Yvonne Borunda marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Leslie Leach
Leslie Leach marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Lora
Lora marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Dani
Dani marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Shelby
Shelby marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Dori
Dori rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2014
  • Passages: How Reading the Bible in a Year Will Change Everything for You
  • God Strong: The Military Wife's Spiritual Survival Guide
  • Mornings with Tozer: Daily Devotional Readings
  • Faith Deployed: Daily Encouragement for Military Wives
  • My Pet Chicken Handbook: Sensible Advice and Savvy Answers for Raising Backyard Chickens
  • Sermon on the Mount
  • Dangerous Road
  • The Tell
  • Building Her House: Commonsensical Wisdom for Christian Women
  • Live Second: 365 Ways to Make Jesus First
  • Just Add Heat (Fire & Ice #1)
Kathy Howard calls herself a “confused southerner.” Raised in Louisiana, she has moved with her engineer husband around the U.S. and Canada. She says “pop” instead of “Coke” and “you guys” as often as “ya’ll.” But those things are just superficial – she’s still a southern girl at heart!

Kathy helps women live an unshakeable faith for life by encouraging them to stand firm on our rock-solid God no
More about Kathy Howard...