Start by marking “The Petrelli Heir” as Want to Read:
The Petrelli Heir

The Petrelli Heir

"An impossible truth Roman Petrelli knows exactly how precious life is. Now that he can't produce an heir, he's the last Petrelli standing. So how could Isabel Carter have given birth to his baby? Izzy's one night with Roman was an uncharacteristic act of spontaneity that left her with more than red-hot memories. Her little daughter is the family that Izzy's always wanted. ...more
Paperback, Mills & Boon Modern Romance #1251, 192 pages
Published January 2013 by Mills & Boon

To ask other readers questions about The Petrelli Heir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Petrelli Heir

Rating 2.5 stars
I have not liked the latest books by this author and this one was no exception. The heroine buries her mother and then loses her virginity in a one-night stand with a stranger. She doesn't know his name, nothing, in this day and age of HIV/AIDS she has unprotected sex? Stellar! Of course she gives birth and then sees the hero again, who immediately wants to smex her. When he learns he has a baby, he wants to be a part of her life,, gasp, such a villain!! The heroine acts stupidly
Alex is The Romance Fox
This is not one of my favourite books by this author, who I find myself either liking one of her books or not liking another!!

I just felt totally disconnected to the heroine...she was such a cold-heart....the sniping and biting manner she displayed towards the hero, drove me absolutely bats.....maybe it had something to do with the horror mothering she received...but girl, should that not tell you something...not to be like your now dead what does Isabel do??? Turns into a replica of
Trying to clear our all the books that have been given to me to read over the last 6 months that have sat in a pile near my bed. This is one of a dozen that I need to return to my Mum.

What can I say? It was a quick 2 hour read that is cliche to the max. But it was entertaining enough for what it is. What is alarming though, is the last few M&B books (including this one) have all had the same message:

If you are a virgin, have a one night stand with some random guy, don't use condoms, don't u
Apr 14, 2016 Missy rated it liked it
A good read.

They had a night of hot sex without names over 2 years ago where they we both trying to forget some painful emotions. Neither can forget that night but they can't track the other down as they did not exchange names....

They met again and Izzy is hoping he doesn't remember her and hoping he is her chance to tell him about Lily. For Roman it is an eye opener. Believing he would not have any kids and not miss it. Once he sees Lily he realizes how much he did want kids.

When th
This is one awesome book. How could I have missed it. This book has a great plot and a wonderful story I am just sorry we did not get to read about their first night together but it was awesome regardless. The minute he see her again he goes in full charging bull mode. Which worked for me and when he found about their daughter he just gives himself a reason to go after her. Which he does and he continues to ask her to marry him all the while denying his feelings for her. She is just a sweet girl ...more
Jan 30, 2013 Yazmin rated it really liked it
The Petrelli Heir by Kim Lawrence is a hot romance with complications and misunderstandings that just makes this story more interesting.

Roman Petrelli knows how precious life is, and how fast it can all be taken from you. After being diagnosed with bone cancer and loosing his fiancée, by walking out on her when he finds out he may not be able to have children, he is trying to drown out his sorrows in a bar.Read More...
Rating: 2.5 Stars

Izzy's mom died and in her grief and anger had a one night stand with Roman, a stranger she met at a bar.

Roman was at the bar drowning his sorrows after being dumped by his fiancée. He saw Izzy as an attar tic distraction from his pain.

Didn't really fall in love with these characters. Izzy was to argumentative and Roman was too distant. The story was almost boring. I forced myself to finish.
Dec 07, 2012 Marimarime rated it liked it
actually I liked h and H and the idea of their one night stand that results with the baby,sexual awareness,problems that occur,circumstances,etc... but I had a problem with pace set in the book that is too slow for me,then nearing end gets,hm,jumpy,chopped? and some unnecessary informations and characters that had nothing to add to the story,most hateful thing is to wish skip pages when reading...
Pamela Fernandes
Oct 19, 2015 Pamela Fernandes rated it liked it
This is a brief one night romance between Izzy and Roman and the child they conceive. The book is nice. Kim Lawrence is a good author but this story had way too much dialogue. The chemistry didn't come out as strongly. But the moments with Lily and the first half of the boo starts really well to make you want to finish.
Apr 23, 2013 Tishke rated it it was ok
A plot line visited by many authors in the past but here, it fell flat. In this kind of plot line, I would like to feel and see some of the pain or feelings the characters experience. In this book, I did not. Also, it didn't make allowance for changes in our time, book was first published in 2013, things that could be overlooked in books written in 1960-70.
Jan 16, 2013 Tia rated it it was ok
It was disappointing in some ways and kind of disgusting too. Especially the actions of the heroines mother. The hero came off as an asshole and extremely arrogant. His actions were self serving and I couldn't happen to be more frustrated. I felt pity for the heroine, that she was used in that way and then practically kidnapped. I was glad for the happy ending.
Ale Rivero
Heredara oculta me ha parecido una historia muy tierna. Los diálogos y las miradas entre los protagonistas son para tener en cuenta, y el plus de la pequeña Lily da una hermosura particular a la historia. Para mí es recomendable
Jan 07, 2013 Candy rated it really liked it
Shelves: mills-and-boon
Really quick read!
REVIEW (Three other January released M&B novels reviews too):
Darkangel4 rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2013
Booked rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2013
Ns2np5 rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2015
Yen rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2012
Sozen D
Sozen D rated it it was ok
Sep 13, 2016
arlinnne rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Pauli rated it it was ok
Jul 07, 2013
Christie Maynard
Christie Maynard rated it really liked it
May 14, 2016
Rae T
Rae T rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2013
Natalie rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Iris rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Alisha Mclemore
Alisha Mclemore rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2014
Julie rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2013
Alicia rated it really liked it
May 27, 2013
Rachel rated it it was ok
Apr 20, 2015
Cabbage rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2014
Chloe rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Sheikh's Undoing
  • Beholden to the Throne (Empire of the Sands #2)
  • The Call of the Desert
  • Bound by the Marcolini Diamonds (Marcolini Men, #2) (Harlequin Presents, #2853)
  • What the Greek Can't Resist (The Untamable Greeks, #2)
  • Unlocking her Innocence
  • The Husband She Never Knew
  • A Night of Living Dangerously
  • Girl in the Bedouin Tent
  • The Incorrigible Playboy
  • His Unexpected Legacy
  • The Ruthless Caleb Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #2)
  • His for a Price
  • Bound by the Billionaire's Baby
  • The Cost of Her Innocence
  • The Santangeli Marriage
Though lacking much authentic Welsh blood, Kim Lawrence comes from English-Irish stock. She was born and brought up in North Wales. She returned there when she married, and her sons were both born on Anglesey, an island off the coast. Though not isolated, Anglesey is a little off the beaten track, but lively Dublin, which Kim loves, is only a short ferry ride away. Today they live on the farm her ...more
More about Kim Lawrence...