Start by marking “The Hidden Son” as Want to Read:
The Hidden Son

The Hidden Son (The Cayman Islands Trilogy #1)

When U.S. DEA Special Agent Lelisa Desmond refuses to follow an order to bury evidence in a high profile case, her superior inexplicably hires a hit man to kill her. Lelisa barely survives the first attempt on her life, but someone close to her is mistakenly murdered in her place.

She sets off on a daring mission to bring down the man who ordered her execution. A man in a
Published March 1st 2013 by Ellechor House

To ask other readers questions about The Hidden Son, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hidden Son

Lisa Johnson
Mar 15, 2013 Lisa Johnson rated it it was amazing
Title: The Hidden Son (The Cayman Island Trilogy)
Author: Dianna T. Benson
Pages: 340
Year: 2013
Publisher: Ellechor Publishing House, LLC
Did you ever look at a picture that was so captivating and inviting you wished you could lose yourself in it? How about watching a movie or theatre performance after which instead of just clapping, words like “bravo” and “encore” should be shouted? Well be prepared to do both with this novel in all seriousness. What drew me to the novel was the picture on the cov
Faith
Apr 25, 2013 Faith rated it it was amazing
The first pages of The Hidden Son take you 91 feet down to the ocean floor, into a paradise of soothing salt water, white sand, colored corals and flashing fish.
DEA Special Agent Lelisa Desmond is with her best friend Rick Eaton, diving off the coast of the Cayman Islands. Nothing could be further from her mind than Rick not surfacing alive.
But that is what happens. Rick Eaton, experienced diver, is brought back to the dive boat in Lelisa's arms, already dead.

His equipment was functioning, wasn
Vera Godley
Apr 21, 2013 Vera Godley rated it it was amazing
My thoughts: I am simply amazed that a first published novel can be so enthralling, engrossing, engaging, and exciting as The Hidden Son is. Dianna T. Benson has taken us from the beauty of the Cayman Isles to the depths (pun intended) of diving into the devious and destructive world of murder and mayhem. We're speaking of hit men who are law enforcement officers and who are working at the beck and call of real power players in law enforcement.

Agent Lelisa is on the run to preserve her life and
LLona Cunningham
Through the first half of the book I was thinking 5-star for the story and its characters -- Lelisa the DEA Special Agent mourning the death of her dive partner and suffering decompression sickness from trying to save him, and the handsome Royal Cayman Island Police Inspector Alec Dyer who sees Lelisa as a prime suspect. Early development of their characters and the potential relationship between them was great reading. But when the villain became more aggressive and the chase accelerated, the ...more
Christina
Jun 10, 2013 Christina rated it it was amazing
Writers and aspiring writers alike will be green with envy at Dianna Benson’s debut novel. The thrilling suspense that pulls readers through her pages like a magnet and keeps them guessing is prominent throughout the novel. The picturesque scenes flowed into one another, rivaling those in even some of the most polished authors’ novels on the market today. The characters were brilliant and original, and their journey through an expertly-crafted world made The Hidden Son a joy to read.
Kasey Dixon
Jul 30, 2013 Kasey Dixon rated it it was amazing
The Hidden Son is a thriller in every sense of the word. The character of Lelisa Desmond, forced to decide between following orders and following her conscience, is forced through a labyrinth of consequences when she elects to do the latter. Facing off against powerful adversaries forces her to think on her toes and keeps the reader off balance as well as she dodges their attacks while attempting to clear her name. A must-read book.
Sam
Aug 09, 2013 Sam rated it it was amazing
In The Hidden Son, Dianna Benson has found a way to do something that many others cannot...she has found a way to create characters that are believable, because she portrays them as people would act in real life. The mindsets, actions, thoughts...everything is spot on and makes people understand what it’s like to be each of these people. Benson captures her characters in a natural light...overall, a great read. I feel like I know these people!
Dora Hiers
Aug 01, 2013 Dora Hiers rated it really liked it
My summary~
When Special Agent Lelisa Desmond disobeys a direct command, her supervisor orders her to take a vacation to the Caribbean with her partner and long-time friend. During a dive, her scuba buddy turns up dead. Alec Dyer, Inspector for the Royal Cayman Islands Police Service, plagued by his daughter's unsolved disappearance almost two years ago and pestered by his ex-wife, isn't sure he believes Lelisa's claims of innocence, especially when crucial evidence she claims to possess disappea
Donna (More Than a Review)
Aug 05, 2015 Donna (More Than a Review) rated it it was amazing
I immediately downloaded The Hidden Son after reading Final Trimester. I was not disappointed. It is a must-read for any avid suspense reader. I was hooked from the opening scene. My heart was beating fast—I felt myself dive into the story and couldn't put it down. Although The Hidden Son is Dianna Benson’s debut book, you would not realize it from the engaging storyline, the details in the writing, or the edge-of-your seat suspense. Lelisa is a U.S. DEA agent who suspects her boss is trying to ...more
Barbara Mason
Jul 01, 2013 Barbara Mason rated it did not like it
I downloaded the book after reading the reviews and thought I was getting a good read. That didn't happen. It wasn't just the horrible editing, which had missing words, some half words, tons of power words that made no
Dee Mcrae
Jun 15, 2013 Dee Mcrae rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dee-shelf
North Carolina is an unusual setting for books, but I thought that Dianna hit her descriptions spot on. The descriptions of the local scenery were highly accurate and I knew exactly where things were taking place-I’m still expecting to walk down the street and see Lelisa coming toward me any day now. The book itself was amazing, but I’m just blown away by the fact that Dianna seemed to capture my world and put people into it. This book is proof that the old advice “write what you know” really ...more
Suzanna
Apr 21, 2014 Suzanna rated it it was ok
Received this book as a give away from GoodReads. Plot sounded good but there were issues with use of proper tense in sentences, the believability of the scenarios and the almost passing reference to the power of prayer and belief in God that was tacked onto the end of the book. Author is familiar with EMT work but needs to do more research into Law Enforcement and what happens when an officer is removed from the job.
Chelsea Reid
Jun 27, 2013 Chelsea Reid rated it it was amazing
It’s easy to see how Dianna Benson’s experience as an EMT carries over into The Hidden Son the constant adrenaline and never knowing what will come next have infused themselves into the style of her writing. She writes with an expertise of weathering suspense that can only come from one who is used to the peaks and valleys of adrenaline rushes associated with emergency situations. She puts her characters through a lot, but in the end it’s worth it to create such a thrilling novel.
Jun 26, 2015 Laura rated it liked it
What a suspenseful book I had to just keep reading, the story line is a bit difference than a lot of suspenseful one and because DEA Special Agent Lelisa Desmond didn't know who she could trust after the death of her friend who was mistakenly murdered in her place. This topped with the person who wanted her to destroy the evidence was her boss and a very powerful man who wanted to protect his son at all cost. The ending will have you wondering if this happens in real life

Elise
Jun 25, 2013 Elise rated it it was amazing
The Hidden Son kept the twists and turns coming as I tried desperately to read quickly enough to find out what was happening next. It was like watching an action movie as the brilliantly-described pictures blossomed in my mind. I was sad that the book ended, because I raced through it so quickly that it left me wanting more. Lucky for me, this is a trilogy-I’ll definitely be back for books 2 and 3!
Danielle
Jul 02, 2013 Danielle rated it really liked it
This book was absolutely incredible. The thing that impressed me most was the strength of the faith that gets Alec and Lelisa through the twists and turns of the novel. It was inspiring, but portrayed in a way that felt like I was given an inside view, truly understanding the mindset of such a person. The descriptions in the book were incredible too, vivid and detailed. Overall, this was a great book and I’m looking forward to reading more of Dianna Benson’s writing.
Zaw
Aug 22, 2013 Zaw rated it it was amazing
The characters in Diana Benson’s book were so amazing, it’s still hard to believe that they’re fiction. Lelisa’s struggle to decide whether she should bury information that could change everything gets readers into the novel, and the strength of Diana’s vivid descriptions keeps them reading until the very end. A great first work.
I really enjoyed this book. I downloaded several samples of books that were available through the Amazon Prime Kindle Lending Library, and I skipped through several stupid ones. Once I started this one, I was hooked. The writing is really good. I like the main characters and plot. There was some brutality but not much, enough to make a PG-13 movie.
Perry Bason
Jul 12, 2013 Perry Bason rated it it was amazing
The Hidden Son was recommended to me by a friend and WOW what a thrill it was. I can’t wait to read more of Dianna Benson’s work and I’m sure there will be much more to come. Lelisa Desmond is the perfect heroine and I was on the edge of my seat while reading. Would recommend this book to all thriller fans.
Wendy Sparkes
Murder, drugs, cover-ups & set-ups - DEA Special Agent-in-Charge Lelisa Desmond & Cayman Detective Alec Dyer battle against the odds to bring the truth to the surface & see justice done. First though, they need to trust each other!
Jack
Apr 05, 2015 Jack rated it liked it
Good plot. Writing was excessively wordy and sometimes repetitive, especially in the area of themes. "Can I trust him?" and
"can I believe her? over and over gets a little tiresome. This said, I will probably give the second in the trilogy a read. There is definite potential here:)
Lisa
Dec 07, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
All I can say is my goodness what a great book! This is my first book by Ms. Benson and I am looking forward to more. I believe this was Ms. Benson's first book and I was just blown away. I loved the story from cover to cover. No spoilers, but you will love the ending!
Landon
Oct 02, 2013 Landon rated it it was amazing
Dianna captures your attention from the start with this intriguing and entertaining book. She keeps your attention with all of the twists and turns, making it almost impossible to put down. A great read for anyone who enjoys a good thriller.
Trish
Nov 06, 2013 Trish rated it it was ok
Three quarters of the way through this book, it was on it's way to 4 stars but it failed miserably for me in the end.
Tracy
Jul 18, 2013 Tracy rated it it was amazing
Loved The Hidden Son from the very first page. It was hard to put down and I can't wait for the next one to come out!
Martha Ramirez
Nov 07, 2013 Martha Ramirez rated it it was amazing
Loved the ending! The most beautiful ending I've read in a long time. Very unforgettable ending.
Congrats to the author on debuting with a very well written story.
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2013
Marianne
Marianne rated it did not like it
Jun 26, 2013
ricky
ricky rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2015
Sarah rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Missionary Patriarch: The True Story of John G. Paton: Evangelist for Jesus Christ Among the South Sea Cannibals
  • Jungle Fire
  • Allah's Fire (Task Force Valor Series, #1)
  • Dead Reckoning
  • Wiser Than Serpents (Mission: Russia, #3)
  • Sanctuary for a Lady
  • The Inner Society (Inner Society Trilogy, #1)
  • Desires of My Heart - Meditation on Psalm 37:4
  • Designed for Devotion: A 365-Day Journey from Genesis to Revelation
  • Treacherous Skies
  • Oksana (Heirs of Anton, #4)
  • Highland Hearts
  • Mountain Rain: A Biography of James O. Fraser: Pioneer Missionary to China
  • The Doctor's Mission
  • Trusting God with Your Dream: A 31-Day Devotional for Young Women and Anyone with a Dream or an Unanswered Prayer
  • Breaking Cover (Tony Wolf/Tim Buckthorn #1)
  • The Dead Peasants File
  • Open Your Hymnal - Devotions That Harmonize Scripture With Song
Dianna T. Benson is an Award-Winning and International Bestselling Author of suspense. She’s the 2014 Selah Award Winner for Best Debut Novel, the 2011 Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Genesis Winner, a 2011 Genesis double Semi-Finalist, a 2010 Daphne du Maurier Finalist, and a 2007 Golden Palm Finalist. She’s the author of The Hidden Son, Final Trimester and Persephone’s Fugitive.

Being an EMT and a HazM
More about Dianna T. Benson...

The Cayman Islands Trilogy (2 books)
  • Persephone's Fugitive