Start by marking “Asher's Dilemma (Asher Quigley, #2)” as Want to Read:
Asher's Dilemma (Asher Quigley, #2)

Asher's Dilemma (Asher Quigley #2)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Ever since he awoke one day on the floor of his workshop with a brain-splitting headache, Asher Quigley has been haunted by fleeting visions of a beautiful woman everywhere he looks—a woman he's sure he knows, but can't recall. In spite of this he has finished his most wondrous invention yet, one that will literally make history: a time machine. But before he can complete...more
ebook
Published January 7th 2013 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Asher's Dilemma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Asher's Dilemma

Beth
Asher Quigley is being haunted by a mysterious vision of a beautiful woman. This woman keeps appearing in his dreams. He can’t recall where he knows her from but he knows she has left a void in his life.

Asher is an inventor and he discovers he has his “stalking” compass and it seems to be leading him toward his time machine. Before he realizes what is happening, his time machine activates and transports Asher back in time, he is now 8 months into the past.

He also immediately remembers the woma...more
Stephanie Collins
I would not recommend reading this until you've read Asher's Invention. While I was not a huge fan of the first novella as it was a bit too short to completely satisfy me, I did like the author's style enough to want to read the second book. I am glad I did as this story was more interesting to me although I was saddened a bit by the end … Yes it was a sort-of HEA but there is sadness behind it that I couldn't shake.

Asher wakes up with a massive headache one day and the memory of a woman that he...more
Stephanie

Carina Press
E-book 203 KB
ISBN: 9781426894886
Pub Date Jan 7 2013
E-galley loaned by Carina via Net Galley in expectation that any review would be fair. No remuneration exchanged. Except as noted, all opinions herein are my own.

Jaclyn
Asher’s Dilemma picks up right where Asher's Invention left off; however, it changes how the first book ends for the reader, playing with that happily ever after. The happy ending in Asher’s Invention is actually due to a case of time travel, where Asher comes back to the past from the future to make sure that Minerva doesn’t disappear from the present. What future Asher doesn’t count on is his pain-in-the-ass present self complicating things.

I did enjoy this short steampunk novella; however, I...more
Tahlia Newland
Asher's Dilemma is a clever story about the inventor of a time machine who, with some metaphysical intervention, discovers that misuse of his machine has caused the love of his life to cease to exist. He finds himself eight months in the past, trying to convince his earlier self to destroy the machine before the woman they both love disappears and they forget she ever existed. Someone in their future must use the machine to go into the past and erase her. But why would anyone want to do that to...more
April
Steampunk is a bit of a new genre for me. I really enjoyed this book. The characters were well thought out and interesting on many levels. Asher has to make some very serious choices and it is great to see him grow as a person to realize what is really important. It was a little weird having two versions of him around. Nice romance angle going and I totally get how Minerva would be attracted to both versions of Asher.

This was a novella so that equals quick read. It was fun, quirky and moved at a...more
Heather
Asher has been having dreams of a woman he feel’s he knows but can not remember, struggling with this hunting image for weeks, Asher needs to find a way to remember her.

But Asher doesn’t have to look much farther, he his drawn to his invention that may be used to travel though time but is not ready yet. With the help of something beyond his powers Asher is brought back in time, and his memory of the woman is brought back as well. Finding that he has traveled 8 months back in time, he realizes h...more
Kelly
Steampunk time travel! Something about that seems so right. Honestly, I enjoyed book 1 in this series, but I really liked trying to figure out what was causing the time anomalies and what catastrophic event was going to unpin Minerva's very existence. Plus plus plus, Asher's two sides were intriguing. I liked the differences between his future self and his past self. I liked that he learned something in his time without Minerva.

At the core of all these shenanigans lies the machine that Asher is...more
Kami
I was gifted this book by the publisher for an honest review. Thank You.
The time and setting is England in the 1870's. Asher has been having debilitating headaches and keeps seeing a woman that he feels he should know but he can't remember where he knows her from. Asher has invented a time machine. Asher travels back in time eight months and then remember Minerva. Somehow her existence has been deleted from the time line. Asher tries to save her. A strange woman named Isolde resembles Minerva. P...more
Jenny Schwartz
I've enjoyed Coleen Kwan's Asher series. Steampunk is one of my favourite genres. There are so many different things to explore. "Asher's Dilemma" takes on time travel ... and wow!

This is a lovely, lucid and convoluted time travel plot. The steampunk details are fantastic -- and charming. Who can resist a "chronometrical conveyance"?

There is no way I'm going to try and give an overview of the plot. The twists and turns are intriguing, and you need to bump into them yourself. But in trying to avo...more
Kimberly
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

Ok I had a couple of problems.. 1) I never read the first of this series “Asher’s Invention” so I was a little lost on the characters and their history and 2) I didn’t realize this was a Steampunk which I have never really enjoyed. Now with that being said I requested the book so I read it and if I take out the above problems (which are mine not the books) then it is a interesting read.

I was saddened by the end too. So... If you enjoy Steampunk give this...more
Tammy Sparks
In a word: inventive, romantic, with an unusual love triangle and time-travel-steampunkish fun.

Although this is the second book in a series, and I went into it without having read the first book, I enjoyed myself immensely and did not feel as though I missed anything at all. So you do not need to read Asher’s Invention first, but keep in mind that it’s out there and available. Set in Victorian England and full of steampunk gadgets that will make any fan of the genre giddy, Asher’s Dilemma is a v...more
asp_
This is where the characters from the previous novella really begin to shine and the story picks up. This one made me a bit sad that it's only a novella.
Farzana rahmann
It was an interesting read although had me about confused at times but a nice story
Tasha
This book felt like it was 500 pages.
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Sophia
Sophia added it
Sep 15, 2014
Maghon Thomas
Maghon Thomas marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Eternal Warrior
Eternal Warrior marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Lexie
Lexie added it
May 09, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Sloc
Sloc marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2013
Naitasia
Naitasia marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
Ab2y
Ab2y marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2013
Ali Crean
Ali Crean marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Coleen Kwan writes contemporary and steampunk romance for Carina Press and Entangled Publishing.

Coleen has been a bookworm all her life. At school English was her favorite subject, but for some reason she decided on a career in IT. After many years of programming, she wondered what else there was in life — and discovered writing. She loves writing contemporary romance and steampunk romance.

Coleen...more
More about Coleen Kwan...
Real Men Don't Break Hearts (Real Men, #1) Real Men Don't Quit (Real Men, #2) Baiting the Boss (Entangled Indulgence) Undercover in the CEO's Bed Asher's Invention (Asher Quigley, #1)