Start by marking “Do You See What I See?: Exploring the Christmas of Every Day” as Want to Read:
Do You See What I See?: Exploring the Christmas of Every Day

Do You See What I See?: Exploring the Christmas of Every Day

If a poll were taken of Old Testament Jews on the birth of their Lord and Savior, what percentage do you think would have predicted that the cast of characters would be a virgin teenager betrothed to a lowly carpenter, barnyard animals, and stinky shepherds? Probably not many.

In Do You See What I See? Pastor Ross Parsley shows how God uses ordinary people to fulfill His pl
Kindle Edition, New Edition, 131 pages
Published January 1st 2010 by David C. Cook (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Do You See What I See?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do You See What I See?

Loraine
This is a very quick, very easy to read Christmas Devotional. It focuses on the role of the shepherds and the wise men in the nativity story and how we can learn lessons from them to apply to every day life. I really liked this devotional.
Janelle
An encouraging book, guiding the reader to look more closely at the Christmas story and apply it to their own lives.
Deb
Nov 20, 2016 Deb rated it it was amazing
Awesome contemporary rendering of the Christmas story that brings it to life in a new way. Having grown up in a Christian home, the Christmas story becomes common place so I used this book this year to cause me to see the story in a way I never had before. I even ended up using part of this book for our family reading on Christmas Eve.
Barbara
Jun 21, 2013 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author drives home the realistic aspects of the Christmas story. When we read the account in the Bible and believe that God can do all things, we think all is peachy keen with Joseph and Mary. But it wasn't. They both had doubts and struggles. We tend to overlook these points when we read the story of Jesus' birth. This was a delightful story~~one that I will read again next year.
Lillie
This short Advent devotional emphasizes how God used ordinary people to do extraordinary things in the first Advent, and He can do the same thing today. We need to be open to God's call and realize that He can use us, ordinary as we are, to carry out his extraordinary miracles. We have to be open to His call and willing to take risks to answer His call.
shari arnold
Feb 22, 2016 shari arnold rated it it was amazing
Great read

Reminds us God will or is using us to disciple others. Easy to understand and told in a fun and educational way. Loved it. The author is bible educated and shares it in layman terms so you can enjoy its simplicity and even better relate to it
Meghan
Dec 23, 2012 Meghan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great little book to read during the holidays, one that shows that you don't have to be an amazing person to do good things. I really liked the questions throughout the book that challenged you to put yourself in each character they were discussing's shoes. Definitely worth a look.
Barbara
This book was alright, but very short, and none of the points made by the author seemed extremely new and insightful. It did do an excellent job of pointing out how God often uses very ordinary people to do extraordinary things.
John H. Warren III
Dec 26, 2015 John H. Warren III rated it it was amazing
Great read for this holiday season

Easy and simple read to introduce my family to the finer points of the Christmas story and how God, as Father, used ordinary men and women to tell and build and extraordinary story. Amen!
Sheila
Dec 14, 2015 Sheila rated it it was amazing
Refreshing and inspiring

This book opens a window to the birth of Christ as if you were there and provides insight to what life was like. I feel inspired to follow Him and His plan for my life.
Susan
Dec 18, 2008 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Ross and this waaas a book I can read again and again and even use in a small group as it has thought provoking questions. Makes you remember Christmas story is awesome but you can use the things in the story everyday year round.
Debbie
Dec 27, 2012 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good little book that works through the Christmas story and the song explaining that God uses ordinary people and all the extraordinary things we all have the opportunity to see.
Cynthia
Jan 05, 2016 Cynthia rated it it was ok
Not the inspirational Christmas read I'd hoped for. Basically just a bunch of pages that remind me that God uses ordinary people to accomplish extraordinary things.
Fre
Fre rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2014
Wilma  Coate
Wilma Coate rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2015
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2015
Robert N Bertke
Robert N Bertke rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2016
ANTHONY RIVERA
ANTHONY RIVERA rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2015
Linda Fode
Linda Fode rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2015
Jin Chong
Jin Chong rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Gail
Gail rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Charles Forbes
Charles Forbes rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2015
Kerri
Kerri rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2013
Gary Nealy, Jr.
Gary Nealy, Jr. rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
Brenda
Brenda rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Giselle. F
Giselle. F rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2015
Stacy
Stacy rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2012
Sholzg
Sholzg rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2014
Debra Abshier
Debra Abshier rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Hell Is Real (But I Hate to Admit It)
  • Sifted: God's Scandalous Response to Satan's Outrageous Demand
  • It's Your Call: What Are You Doing Here?
  • Be Comforted (Isaiah)
  • Seeing through the Fog: Hope When Your World Falls Apart
  • The Meeting of the Waters: 7 Global Currents That Will Propel the Future Church
  • The Juggling Act: Bringing Balance to Your Faith, Family, and Work
  • Church Zero: Raising 1st Century Churches out of the Ashes of the 21st Century Church
  • Mirror Ball: Living Boldly and Shining Brightly for the Glory of God
  • When God Breaks Your Heart: Choosing Hope in the Midst of Faith-Shattering Circumstances
  • Battle Ready: Prepare to Be Used by God (Bold Man Of God, #1)
  • Losers Like Us: Redefining Discipleship after Epic Failure
  • God's Love: How the Infinite God Cares for His Children
  • Brimstone: The Art and Act of Holy Nonjudgment
  • Found: God's Peace: Experience True Freedom from Anxiety in Every Circumstance
  • Touching Wonder: Recapturing the Awe of Christmas
  • Thrashing About with God: Finding Faith on the Other Side of Everything
  • True Religion: Taking Pieces of Heaven to Places of Hell on Earth

“In seasons of great pain, despair, and disappointment, He comes. Just when you’re at the end of yourself, He comes. He appears at just the right moment—never early, but always at the right time. And it is at this moment that you realize it’s not the end. It’s the beginning!” 1 likes
“We often lose sight of God’s dreams for us in the darkness of disappointment or the distraction of discouragement. It is all too common to forget the promises in the midst of the problems. But every significant biblical figure has a story of waiting for the promises of God to be revealed. We see many stories in the Scriptures where it seems the dream has died, only to be resurrected solely by the power of God. Think about it—Abraham, Moses, David, Jeremiah, the apostle Paul—they all had to trust God in the darkness, waiting for the light to be revealed.” 1 likes