Start by marking “The Big Blueberry Barf-Off! (Rotten School, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Big Blueberry Barf-Off! (Rotten School, #1)

The Big Blueberry Barf-Off! (Rotten School #1)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  366 ratings  ·  53 reviews
Important Message!

Welcome to the Rotten School. We are proud of our school, founded 100 years ago by I. B. Rotten. If you follow the rules, we know your time here will be happy. RULE NUMBER ONE: Watch out for Bernie Bridges. Bernie is trouble!

That is my important message. Enjoy your stay. I know that after a short while, you will all truly deserve the name Rotten Stude
Published June 28th 2005 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2005)

JasonChan
This book is about a dorm school at elementary school. There's a trouble maker named Bernie B. He's in 4th grade with his friends which is his crew. They're all trouble makers and Bernie is pretty convincing or persuasive. He can convince the principal about bad problems and making them sound like it's good for the school. He's having a tough school year with his rival Sherman Oaks. Sherman has a cool watch and even attracted the girl Bernie likes. Sherman has a five hundred dollar watch and ha ...more
Jon
This book is definitely one of the funniest books i have read! R.L. Stine uses great words to describe the mood of the characters. He always keeps me laughing when i read any of his books in this series. I love the way he describes the characters and how the talk in the book.
the Great BlueBerry Barf-off is about pretty much what the title says. It is about a boy named Bernie Bridges, a fourth grader who believes he is the smartest, coolest, and most popular kid in the rotten School. His arch ene
Elva Ulate
This book is not a very long but it is a funny short book about being cool in school. The characters in the book is Bernie, his friends Freeman and Crench,the popular boy with the gold watch Sherman and Bernie's crush April-May. The story is about Bernie wants Sherman's gold watch that costed $500 because it does so many cool things. Also Bernie wants to get his watch but he didn't know how to get it from him. What is really funny about this book is that Bernie wants a to do a pie eating contest ...more
Auggiesadorra
The title of my book is Rotten School the Big Blueberry Barf-Off. The author of this book is R.L Stine, and the genre is fiction. This book is about a pie sale in the elementary school “Rotten school”.The main character’s names are Bernie, and also Sherman. Bernie hates Sherman because he is rich and spoiled and he is also going out the with the girl that Bernie likes. Sherman is always constantly showing off the things his parents buy him, like his 500 dollar high tech watch. Bernie is just a n ...more
Gavin
The beginning of the Rotten School series. This one contained some little extra goodies, such as stickers and a few previews of other series by Stine. The humour's spot on for younger readers, these being aimed at around 6 to 12 year olds I suspect. I know I would have enjoyed it if it had been around when I was that age ::bones creak::
Laurie
This is my first R. L. Stine book read. My boys really liked the goosebumps series, and this looked interesting. It is cute and was fun to read, but I don't know that I would read the entire series. More a book for kids.
Forrest Filetti
I'm a big fan R.L. Stine but when I saw the cover of this book I thoutht to myself "Know way i'm going to read this!" But I ended up liking it. But it was a littel nasty and the end.
Christopher
This is the first book of my Rotten School Flashbacks, and my first flashback book I have read! This is a wonderful short story book, that I would recommend to anyone that wants to go back in time and experience new stories or short stories that you want to really read! This book was slow at first but I caught back on when the real plot of the story started. This book is about a blueberry pie eating contest that Bernie B. came up as one of his schemes during his time at Rotten School. I cannot w ...more
Erin
Very interesting story...I wonder what the sequels are like.
Srinidhi.R Srinidhi.R
loved it..finished it in 1 hour..
Ivan Hudson
Don't eat BLUEBEERRY PIES
Star
I have bought and read all 16 of the Rotten School books to give as a gift for a family member. I'm not going to list all 16 here as my review would just be repetitive.

First, I don't like when authors involve (celebrity/brand) name-dropping. It's not necessary to the plot (it's not like this is historical fiction) and it dates the story. Why not just make up celebrity/brand names? It wasn't excessive, so I let it go.

Second, I don't like the gross humor and the always trying to one-up the other w
Jayda
Oh gosh back to my young days.
Andrew
It was hilarious :)
Riley Higgins
This book is great!!! It is mainly about this boy named Bernie Bridges and a boy named Sherman Oaks. Sherman Oaks is rich and spoiled and lives in the dorm called Nyce House. Bernie is not rich and lives in a dorm called Rotten House. Bernie and Sheman are arch enemies and when Sheman gets a new watch with 42 functions you could imagine what might happen. If you want to find out what they decide to do read the book!!! I liked this book because it was entertaining and just fun to read!!!
Kiera
This was awkward and some parts were gross
B
The first of the Rotten School series, about Bernie Bridges, an obnoxious 4th grader living in a boarding school and his war with Sherman Oaks, the rich kid that currently has favor with Bernie's dream girlfriend. I found only a few funny moments...all the things that Sherman's new watch can do for instance..but most of the humor is what only boys that age like...as the title should tell you.
Marie Claire
When i was a kid I was so hooked in this series and yes! I'm glad to say I completed all 16 books :D
This is definitely one of those weird in a good way books. This book made me wanna go and enroll to a boarding school - no kidding. I think this book is for everyone but I enjoyed it so much more when I was 8. Oh and this is one of those AWESOME books out there :).
Antonia
this book is the first one of the rotten school series... it's about a boy named bernie that does a competition for a watch and the competition was about a blue berry pie contest and his friend beast( they call him that because he looks like one! )enters the competition for him and he wins the contest and at the end he barfs up all the blueberry pie he ate!
Justins
this book was about an boy that was going to boarding school and their is a boy that has a watch that has 42 function he wanted so bad and he challnge the owner a barf off.

i connect this to me if i wanted something i would do anything to get it.

i gave it a 5 star because i like the aouther and i like the plot and the pictures.
Kayla
They we're having the world's grossest pie eating contest! AT tHE ROTTEN HOUSE buddies against the wimps at NYCE HOUSE. Who can eat 25 blueberry pies, It will get ugly. Who will barf first, I can't tell you have to read it first. Bernie B. doesn't know the word lose. Bernie wantsa to WIN. Good and funny book.

The Joker
this book is very cool because it has a lot of technoloy like he had a watch that could do all sorts of stuff like you could pop pop corn and watch tv play video games and get a drink but in total it had foury two thing that you could use
Michelle
The name of this book was entertaining enough to make me pick it up and yup it is about a barf-off! SWEET! Entertaining to that group of youngsters who may think everything you suggest they read sounds boring. You can't say a barf-off is boring.
Chrissy
The Rotten School books are funny and have grabbed the attention of my students who never want to read! I had a student who never wanted to read and after I read this to the class he has continued to read the series- and asks for more!
7 Roderick
Oct 12, 2011 7 Roderick is currently reading it
i think the story line so far is good when it came to sequence.also the problems bernie faced is relatable as well. the friends bernie has is an expression of his emotions.Also i think bernie bridges is self conseounous.
A'rianna Bacon
This is a great fun book to read. It's easy for kids to relate to the books in this series because they go through everyday things kids usually go through. I would reccomend this to people who enjoy a fun little story to read.
Demetrius
I think that the book is about sheman and how he win the smelling bee but .I think that it is a good book becase how he help the kids.and he help the kids by not give up.
Qdogg
May 14, 2008 Qdogg rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: noob
this book is about a kid named bernie wanted somebody's watch that had 42 fuctions.so he challenged them to a barf off.it is good but dont read after lunch
La'Dearia
This book is very stupid but it is very funny.Also can tell that this book could never be true because they have some of the wildess things in here
Alexia
this book is so good it is about this boy having the coolest watch ever and if you read this book you will want it.!!!!!!!!!!THANK YOU BYE
  • Great-Grandpa's in the Litter Box (The Zack Files #1)
  • The Big One-Oh
  • Snow Drop, Volume 1
  • Shutterbox Volume 1: Orientation (Shutterbox, #1)
  • Toad Rage (Toad, #1)
  • Juvenile Orion, Volume 1
  • The Case of the Gasping Garbage
  • Maybelle in the Soup
  • Knights of the Kitchen Table (Time Warp Trio, #1)
  • Mr. Jelly (Mr Men Library)
  • The Return of the Killer Cat (The Killer Cat, #2)
  • Moe Kare!!, Vol. 04
  • Diary of a Parent Trainer
  • Stink and the Incredible Super-Galactic Jawbreaker (Stink, #2)
  • How to Save Your Tail*:
  • Sea Legs
  • My Secret Life as a Ping-Pong Wizard
  • 101 Ways to Bug Your Friends and Enemies

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Rotten School (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Great Smelling Bee (Rotten School, #2)
  • The Good, the Bad and the Very Slimy (Rotten School, #3)
  • Lose, Team, Lose! (Rotten School, #4)
  • Shake, Rattle, and Hurl! (Rotten School, #5)
  • The Heinie Prize (Rotten School, #6)
  • Dudes, the School Is Haunted! (Rotten School, #7)
  • The Teacher from Heck (Rotten School, #8)
  • Party Poopers (Rotten School, #9)
  • The Rottenest Angel (Rotten School #10)
  • Punk'd and Skunked (Rotten School, #11)
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)