Cassie's Grand Plan

Cassie's Grand Plan

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Cassie Hartman knows what she needs to do to get her life under control. First, she'll get herself promoted. Then she'll update her appearance. Steps three and four--marriage and family--well, those will have to wait.

Then Ronan McGuire shows up. The too-sexy, too-polished business consultant has the power to derail Cassie's plans before she's even really started. If he doe...more
Published March 1st 2012 by Harlequin Superromance

To ask other readers questions about Cassie's Grand Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cassie's Grand Plan

Saly
Really enjoyed this book. The hero comes to town on an assignment that is vitally important to his career because despite being the owner's son he has had immense pressure on him and when he was on the brink of partnership he screwed up and slept with a client. The hero as we are made aware from the start has issues with his father who doesn't seem to value his hard work. His latest assignment is to audit a chain of stores run by the heroine and give a report to the owner on whether a merger is...more
Susan
Excellent book. I really liked Cassie and the fact that she had a plan for her life. She knew what she wanted and how to go after it. Her biggest problem was most likely that she was a workaholic. Ronan's arrival has created some trouble for her. She knows he's there to evaluate her work - she thinks for her promotion. He knows why he's there, and that isn't it. From the beginning they are attracted to each other, but each knows it's a bad idea to act on it. Ronan has been unhappy with his job f...more
Nas Dean

CASSIE’S GRAND PLAN by debut author Emmie Dark is a March 2012 release from Harlequin Super Romance.

Cassie Hartman had a plan- to get promoted, get her appearance updated then get married and have a family!

Ronan McGuire was distracting her plans. He was here to get her fired, wasn’t he? So what was his place in Cassie’s plan? Can she trust him after his betrayal?

Ronan had to work extra hard all the way up the corporate ladder to prove himself to his father, would he lose all for Cassie now?

CAS...more
Desere
It does not very often happen that I encounter a debut novel that is so gripping that putting it down to read later is just not a option yet in the last month I have managed to find two ! And Cassie's Grand Plan by Emmie Dark is one such novel.

Most woman out there have a plan ,complete studies,get a good job,meet man of dreams,have family ,settle down which ever it may be or in which ever order it may come is not always our decision. However Cassie recons she can stick to her plan ,but she does...more
Joanne
I just loved Emmie Dark's debut novel "Cassie's Grand Plan".

Cassie's got a plan revolving around work, herself and marriage. And then along comes Ronan who's about to skew Cassie's plans. I found her characters interesting and Cassie was so likeable. She's down to earth, knows what she wants (or thinks she does) and then meets Ronan.

Emmie has put lots of emotion and tension between Cassie and Rohan. It's a lovely read and I highly recommend it.

With Sarah Mayberry and Emmie Dark now writing for S...more
Glennie
An awesome debut novel. I'm not usually a romance novel reader, but I really enjoyed this book. Poor Cassie has a plan, but then handsome Ronan comes along and throws a spanner in the works. Lots of emotion and tension between these two characters. I really enjoyed the way that Emmie wrote their personal emotions. Good plot, excellent pacing.
Already pre-ordered Emmie's next book. Can't wait for it.
Meg_inthecity
Cassie's Grand Plan is a sweet story with enough spicy bits to keep it interesting. I thought the characters were adorable and I closed the book with a satisfied sigh. Well done!

Maureen Hubley
For her 1s book I think she did very well. I enjoyed it and the characters.
Louise Wilson
This book appealed to me for many reasons, perhaps the most important being its length. As a Super Romance, there was time to develop the story and the characterisation, so that every line in the book flowed smoothly and convincingly from the previous line, and formed a coherent whole.

I liked the inbuilt internal conflict created automatically by the author's selection of an American hero, Ronan, and an Australian heroine, Cassie. Ronan's dealings with an Australian cultural milieu made for some...more
Maria
Reviewed by Maria

Cassie has a lifeplan. I've never had one, but I recognise the wisdom of having one. Get the career on track first, then plan to settle down, that sort of thing. Planning is a way of life for smart people. It was vital for Cassie Hartman. Her life was turned upside down by the loss of her parents and the desertion of her elder brother when she was just sixteen. She nearly ended up on the streets, in the world's oldest profession (so-called). Happily, a kind man offered her a cha...more
Julie Bonello
If you like Sarah Mayberry and Karina Bliss, you will absolutely love new author Emmie Dark and her wonderful books for Harlequin Superromance!

Cassie Hartman’s life revolves around her job as head of operations for a furniture store in Australia. Hardworking, meticulous and fiercely loyal, Cassie has never minded forsaking her personal life for her career. But when her boss announces that he’s engaged the services of a business analyst from the US to compile a review of the entire company, Cassi...more
Dora Bramden
I absolutely loved this book. Cassie and Ronan are believable and lovable characters. Their journey is is set in Australia. They visit a couple of capital cities during their work together as their romance unfolds against the tension of Ronan's secret mission that will potentially rock Cassie's sense of security to the core. This book totally delivers. The ending is perfect and the epilogue is memorable for the emotional high. An amazing first book from Emmie Dark.
Barb
Cassie, although orphaned at an early age, she has her life planned. First a promotion, job security, then spruce up her appearance. Then find a man to love, then start a family. Why does Ronan tempt her to skip a few steps? She can't skip #1. The promotion is the plan on which her life is built on. I fell in love with all of the characters, but Cassie and Ronan were naturally my fav's.
I gave this a 5 star.
Mlleelizabeth
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Tasha
I really enjoyed the story but I kept waiting for something to happen in the beginning of the book
Sophia
Sophia added it
Sep 14, 2014
Sarah Phalen
Sarah Phalen marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
KC
KC marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Forgetmenot0901
Forgetmenot0901 marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
t.A
t.A marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Vesra (When She Reads)
Vesra (When She Reads) marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2013
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Ashly Stephens
Ashly Stephens marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
After years of writing press releases, employee newsletters and speeches for CEOs and politicians – none of which included any kind of kissing – Emmie Dark finally took to her laptop to write what she wanted to write. She was both amazed and delighted to discover that what came out was sexy, noble heroes who found themselves crossing paths with strong, determined heroines. And plenty of kissing.

Em...more
More about Emmie Dark...
In His Eyes Spellbound Just for Today... Charmed (Destiny Romance, #2) Dance With Me